Your unique adventure to Kenya’s beautiful luxurious camps/lodges/hotel and best game sanctuaries and game parks with old time hospitality. Flying from one park to the other gives you an opportunity to view the beautiful landscapes from the air and eliminate hours of driving. Enjoy expert-guided game drives in 4x4 vehicles ...Read Full Description
- Amboseli, Kenya; Kenya; Meru, Kenya; Nairobi, Kenya
- Trip Length:
- 10 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Your unique adventure to Kenya’s beautiful luxurious camps/lodges/hotel and best game sanctuaries and game parks with old time hospitality. Flying from one park to the other gives you an opportunity to view the beautiful landscapes from the air and eliminate hours of driving. Enjoy expert-guided game drives in 4x4 vehicles or join a walking safari for more intimate encounters. Your safari starts with the luxurious Tortilis Camp which lies in the shadow of Africa’s highest mountain –Mount Kilimanjaro. Continue to Meru National Park –home to Elsa the lioness, made famous by Joy and George Adamson in the film Born Free. The game here is truly shy and wild. Birdlife is fantastic. Accommodation is in well appointed cottages incorporating rocks, boulders and trees of the hillside itself. Your last leg is to the famous Masai Mara at Little Governors Camp, situated across the Mara River. Accommodation is intimate in Character – luxurious tents and guests can enjoy dramatic game-viewing from the comfort and safety of their verandah. Lighting here is by gas, lanterns or candles.
Day 1 - Nairobi
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport - Nairobi, you will be welcomed by a representative that will assist you in transferring to your hotel.
Bed & Breakfast
Overnight on bed and breakfast basis at The Norfolk Hotel.
Day 2-3 - Amboseli
After breakfast you will be transferred to Wilson Airport to catch your scheduled flight to Amboseli, famous for its magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro – Africa’s highest mountain. Amboseli’s elephant population – over 1000 elephants in the Park eco-system, which are some of the biggest elephants in Africa. It is also home to herds of zebra and wildebeest and their predators, as well as more than 300 species of birds.
Overnight at Tortilis Camp (B,L,D).
Day 4-5 - Meru
Meru National Park.
After breakfast transfer to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Wilson Airport Nairobi and take a connecting flight to Nanyuki.
On arrival in Nanyuki you will board your chartered flight to Meru.
Overnight at Elsa’s Kopje. (B,L,D)
Day 6-8 - Kenya
Breakfast and transfer to Nanyuki Airstrip to catch your scheduled flight to Masai Mara.
Transfer to your lodge. Masai Mara is a unique area with constant and unrivalled flow of wildlife throughout the year. From July to October the Mara becomes a backdrop for one of the last great natural wonders of the world, when 1.4 million wildebeest and zebra surge up from the Serengeti plains in their annual search for the seasonal grasses that sustain them. Other animals found here are predators such as lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyena and other plains game.
You may opt for a balloon safari, where you rise over the gently rolling landscape of the Mara. The flight over this African Paradise lasts about an hour and on landing a lavish champagne-style, picnic breakfast is served. Truly the experience of a lifetime!
Overnight at Little Governors Camp (B,L,D).
Day 10 - Nairobi
Breakfast at your camp. Transfer to the airstrip to catch your scheduled flight to Nairobi.
Transfer to the famous Norfolk Hotel where you have rooms for day use.
Transfer to JKI airport for your onward flight. (B).
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Highlights of Kenya and Tanzania
- Experience the wonder of Africa and all who inhabit it. Private game viewing vehicles with experienced guides will take you on several drives each day in search of lions, elephants, giraffes, and rhinos. Skim across expansive landscapes in the shadow of majestic Mount Kilimanjaro glimpsing a diversity of wildlife in ...
- 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari
- To Africa Tours and Safaris is delighted to bring you a superb value set departure 4x4 safari our new 7 nights / 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari. This 4x4 safari is in a new land cruiser with pop up roof and with a silver qualified guide. It is fantastic value ...
- 8 Day Cheetah Safari
- For those looking for a slightly longer tour, which takes in the arid beauty of Samburu, the historic Afro-Alpine scenery of the Aberdare National Park, the glorious and world-renowned Masai Mara Reserve and the flamingos and rhinos of Lake Nakuru, this road safari makes the ideal choice. Featuring traditional safari ...
- 16 Day Game & Gorillas
- This is the ultimate safari for wildlife lovers! Staying in very comfortable lodges, we visit the major parks of Kenya & Tanzania including Lake Nakuru and the Masai Mara in Kenya and Lake Victoria, the Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Taragire in Tanzania. We then head out to Rwanda and the Parc ...