13 Day Danube River Cruise
13 day river cruise with hotel stays in Budapest and Prague.Read Full Description
- Austria; Bratislava, Slovakia; Budapest, Hungary; Czech Republic; Germany; Hungary; Linz, Austria; Nuremberg, Germany; Prague, Czech Republic; Regensburg, Germany; Slovakia; Vienna, Austria
- Trip Length:
- 13 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family with kids, Married
Reunion, Spiritual Journey, Spring Break
Detailed Trip Description
13 day river cruise with hotel stays in Budapest and Prague.
Day 1 - On the Plane
Traveling to Budapest
Day 2 - Budapest
Arrive in Budapest. Spend the Rest of the day on your own
Sightseeing in Budapest
Day 3 - Budapest
Budapest, spanning the banks of the Danube, is the liveliest and most cosmopolitan metropolis of Eastern Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Seven bridges, including the famous Chain and Elisabeth Bridges, connect ancient Buda on the right bank with Pest on the left. The massive hilltop castle complex with the impressive Fisherman’s Bastion and historic Matthias Church are sights not to be missed. This afternoon is at leisure. There is time to explore on your own, relax, or shop for renowned peasant embroidery.
Day 4 - Budapest
Enjoy a free morning in Budapest. This afternoon, transfer to your luxurious river cruise ship, where your crew waits to welcome you on board. Step aboard and settle in for an enchanting week of cruising. Tonight gather for a Welcome Dinner.
Day 5 - Bratislava
Stop in Bratislava for a walking tour of the splendid Slovakian capital and free time. Then glide past outstanding scenery on the way to charming Vienna, the “City of Music.”
Day 6 - Vienna
Sightseeing in Vienna includes Hofburg Palace, the National Library, Ringstrasse and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. There is time to shop in the Kärntnerstrasse and to enjoy sachertorte or apfelstrudel in a café.
Day 7 - Austria
Cruise through the Wachau Valley and stop in Dürnstein, known for the baroque Stiftskirche with its blue facade. Above town you will spot the ruins of the castle where Richard the Lionheart, the King of England, was imprisoned in 1192. Continue to Melk. A guided tour takes you to the magnificent Benedictine Abbey, one of Europe’s largest baroque monasteries.
Day 8 - Linz
After breakfast, take an optional full day excursion to fascinating Salzburg and its Sound of Music sights, or cruise through Upper Austria to Passau in Germany.
Historical and Educational Tours
Optional trip to Salzburg
Day 9 - Regensburg
In magnificent Regensburg, a walking tour will show you the architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Pretoria – gates to an ancient Roman fort built in 179 A.D.
Day 10 - Nuremberg
Enjoy an afternoon tour of this historic city with its fabulous Gothic churches and elegant patrician houses. Although Nuremberg suffered extensive damage during World War II, much of it was restored to its original style. Nuremberg's traditions include toy making and metal working.
Day 11 - Prague
Disembark after breakfast. Heading east, stop in the spa town of Karlovy Vary and take a city tour. Continue on to Prague, where the balance of the day is free to begin exploring this splendid city.
Day 12-13 - Prague
Two days in the captivating city of Prague. This 1,000-year-old capital is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. It straddles the Vltava River with domes, cupolas, spires and pinnacles highlighting its skyline. See some of its best-known treasures on a half-day sightseeing tour, including the Old Town’s Astronomical Clock; Hradcany Castle; St. Vitus Cathedral; and the Charles Bridge. You have plenty of time to browse through the shops, relax in a café, mix with the locals in Wenceslaus Square or stroll along the Vltava River. Your Cruise Director will have suggestions for things to do.
Day 14 - On the Plane
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Best WWII Tour Yet!
- This is a 7 to 11 day land tour that follows the US troops from staging area in England through drop zones and beaches of D-Day in France. Then continues with action in the Netherlands, Belgium (Battle of Bulge), Germany,Luxembourg, Austrian bunkers of 3rd Reich and to the Eagle's Nest. ...
- The Grand Alpine Tour
- Enjoy 15 Days The Grand Alpine Tour Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Black Forest, Geneva, Heidelberg, Innsbruck, Interlaken, Lucerne, Munich, Oberammergau, Rothenburg, Salzburg, St Moritz, Stresa, Vienna and Zermatt.
- European Explorer incl. Mykonos
- Enjoy 35 Days European Explorer incl. Mykonos tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in France, Spain, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, Greece, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Netherlands and Belgium. Start in Paris on an evening Tour of Illuminations. In Paris you will see the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, ...
- European Explorer Incl. Cruising - Option 2
- Enjoy 35 Days European Explorer incl. Cruising - Option 2 tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in France, Spain, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, Greece, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Netherlands and Belgium. This tour starts in Paris with an evening Tour of Illuminations. See the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the ...