Bwindi Impenetrable Forest- 3 Day, 2 Night Gorilla Safari
Safari; Hiking; Trekking; Trek; Wildlife Safari; Bwindi Impenetrable Forest; Adventure Safari; Safari Adventure; Bwindi Impenetrable National Park; Gorilla tracking; trekking in Uganda; Gorill Safaris;
The journey to this park, which takes about 7 hours, is exciting and rewarding. It leads to the south west of Uganda. This park is a magnificent verdant swathe across the steep ridges of the Albertine rift valley.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 3 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
The journey to this park, which takes about 7 hours, is exciting and rewarding. It leads to the south west of Uganda. This park is a magnificent verdant swathe across the steep ridges of the Albertine rift valley.
Day 1 - Uganda
Leave Kampala after breakfast; drive west with a brief stop over at the equator, a famous spot for photography, and lunch at Agip motel Mbarara. Along the way, you will see the long horned Ankole cattle, papyrus, acacia woodland and you will also enjoy the scenic view of the terraced landscape of Kigezi highlands also known as the “Switzerland of Africa”.
Dinner and over night at Volcano tented camp or Buhoma homestead.
Day 2 - Uganda
After breakfast, storm the Gorilla sanctuary armed with packed lunch, drinking water, rain jacket and jungle boots. The rangers will provide walking sticks.
Trekking starts at 8.00am, where you will go through a spectacular, incredibly dense rain forest which offers a steeply forested landscape, criss crossed by numerous accessible animal trails.
This is a very strenuous activity because the time taken to encounter the gorillas depends on the terrain and movement of these endangered primates. The experience of coming face to face with these shy and yet gentle giants is very exciting and as you take photos of these primates, it will be a memory you will cherish for life. No wild life encounter can beat this experience.
Other animals you will encounter include the rare golden monkey, buffalo, elephant, and bushbuck, with lots of bird life.
Day 3 - Uganda
Return to Kampala with lunch enroute.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 8 Day Best of Uganda
- This eight day safari includes the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, game viewing, optional chimp tracking in Chamburu (Kyamburu) Gorge and bird-watching in Queen Elizabeth National Park, including a boat cruise, and a visit to Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary. Two gorilla tracking opportunities are included on this itinerary, but ...
- 6 Day Gorillas & Chimps Express
- A six-day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, and game viewing at Lake Mburo National Park. On this itinerary, time permits for either one or two treks - if trekking once the other day being used for a forest walk or cultural/village visit.
- 12 Day Uganda Camping Adventure
- “The Pearl of Africa” - Uganda offers a unique diversity of wildlife, natural beauty, and friendly inhabitants that all combine to make the country one of Africa’s hidden gems. This tour includes the obvious attractions of trekking in indigenous forests to see wild Gorilla’s and Chimpanzee’s, as well as exploring ...
- 10 Day Classical Uganda
- A ten day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda (Bwindi Impenetrable Forest) or Rwanda, plus Chimpanzee trekking at both Kibale Forest & Chamburu Gorge in QENP, Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary, game viewing and a boat cruise in the Queen Elizabeth National Park – ideal for bird watching and ...