Murchison Falls National Park- 3 Day, 2 Night Safari
Situated in northwestern Uganda, this park is the largest in the country and is also one of the most spectacular in all of Africa. It is bisected by the mighty river Nile and protects a chunk of untamed African savannah.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 3 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Situated in northwestern Uganda, this park is the largest in the country and is also one of the most spectacular in all of Africa. It is bisected by the mighty river Nile and protects a chunk of untamed African savannah.
Day 1 - Uganda
Pick-up time from your hotel or lodge is at 7.00 am. Begin the panoramic drive northwest passing through the famous Luwero triangle with a brief stop over for lunch at Masindi hotel. Drive to the park through the Budongo forest. Our action packed safari inside the park begins by driving straight to the top of the falls.
Here you will marvel at the sight of the river Nile exploding violently as it compresses from 50 meters, squeezing through a narrow cleft of 6 meters and then plunging with a thunderous roar into a frothing pool 43 meters below creating a beautiful rainbow and a plume of spray. End the day with an evening drive.
Day 2 - Uganda
After an early morning breakfast, drive to the northern bank for hours of an exciting game drive. Your guide will help you spot the elephant, Rothschild's giraffe, cape buffalo, lion, hartebeest, waterbuck, oribi, bushbuck, if lucky the leopard.
You will also see a great deal of bird species.
After lunch break, proceed for a two-hour launch cruise to the base of the Murchison falls. You will encounter a dense hippo and crocodile population and a dazzling variety of water birds.
Day 3 - Uganda
After breakfast enjoy your safari back to Kampala via Budongo forest with a stop over for lunch in Masindi. This is an impressionable safari worthwhile both in terms of time and money.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 8 Day Best of Uganda
- This eight day safari includes the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, game viewing, optional chimp tracking in Chamburu (Kyamburu) Gorge and bird-watching in Queen Elizabeth National Park, including a boat cruise, and a visit to Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary. Two gorilla tracking opportunities are included on this itinerary, but ...
- 6 Day Gorillas & Chimps Express
- A six-day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, and game viewing at Lake Mburo National Park. On this itinerary, time permits for either one or two treks - if trekking once the other day being used for a forest walk or cultural/village visit.
- 12 Day Uganda Camping Adventure
- “The Pearl of Africa” - Uganda offers a unique diversity of wildlife, natural beauty, and friendly inhabitants that all combine to make the country one of Africa’s hidden gems. This tour includes the obvious attractions of trekking in indigenous forests to see wild Gorilla’s and Chimpanzee’s, as well as exploring ...
- 10 Day Classical Uganda
- A ten day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda (Bwindi Impenetrable Forest) or Rwanda, plus Chimpanzee trekking at both Kibale Forest & Chamburu Gorge in QENP, Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary, game viewing and a boat cruise in the Queen Elizabeth National Park – ideal for bird watching and ...