Queen Elizabeth National Park- 3 Day, 2 Night Safari
Queen Elizabeth National Park has been designated a Biosphere Reserve for humanity under UNESCO auspice. The park, in the western arm of the Great Rift Valley, covers 1,978 sq.km and includes a remarkable variety of ecosystems, from a semi-deciduous tropical forest to green meadows, savannah and swamps. It is the ...Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 3 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Queen Elizabeth National Park has been designated a Biosphere Reserve for humanity under UNESCO auspice. The park, in the western arm of the Great Rift Valley, covers 1,978 sq.km and includes a remarkable variety of ecosystems, from a semi-deciduous tropical forest to green meadows, savannah and swamps. It is the home of the famous tree climbing lions as well as the Uganda kob, other antelope's species, elephant, baboons, hippos, buffalo, chimps and many more.
Day 1 - Uganda
Leave for the South-western town of Mbarara via Masaka with a stop over at the Equator, a famous spot for photography.
Food and Dining
Along the way a beautiful view of dense papyrus swamps, magnificent hills, lush cultivation and also view the long horned Ankole cattle.
Afternoon game drive.
Food and Dining
Dinner and overnight.
Day 2 - Uganda
After Breakfast, have a guided nature walk to the Kyambura gorge in search of the habituated chimpanzees and other primates like black and white colobus monkey, red tailed monkey, vervet monkey and the olive baboon. Return to lodge for lunch, followed by a 2 hour launch trip along the kazinga channel. The trip passes through the highest known concentration of hippos. Other mammals to be viewed include buffaloes, elephants and very many bird species.
Day 3 - Uganda
An early morning game drive through the Queens mile and the Kasenyi track will yield elephants, buffalo, bush buck, giant forest hog, kob and lions.
Drive at leisure back to kampala with lunch en-route.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 8 Day Best of Uganda
- This eight day safari includes the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, game viewing, optional chimp tracking in Chamburu (Kyamburu) Gorge and bird-watching in Queen Elizabeth National Park, including a boat cruise, and a visit to Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary. Two gorilla tracking opportunities are included on this itinerary, but ...
- 6 Day Gorillas & Chimps Express
- A six-day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, and game viewing at Lake Mburo National Park. On this itinerary, time permits for either one or two treks - if trekking once the other day being used for a forest walk or cultural/village visit.
- 12 Day Uganda Camping Adventure
- “The Pearl of Africa” - Uganda offers a unique diversity of wildlife, natural beauty, and friendly inhabitants that all combine to make the country one of Africa’s hidden gems. This tour includes the obvious attractions of trekking in indigenous forests to see wild Gorilla’s and Chimpanzee’s, as well as exploring ...
- 10 Day Classical Uganda
- A ten day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda (Bwindi Impenetrable Forest) or Rwanda, plus Chimpanzee trekking at both Kibale Forest & Chamburu Gorge in QENP, Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary, game viewing and a boat cruise in the Queen Elizabeth National Park – ideal for bird watching and ...