Kibale Forest , Queen Elizabeth and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest- 7 Day, 6 Ni
This is a 7 days camping safari starting and finishing in Kampala.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 7 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
This is a 7 days camping safari starting and finishing in Kampala.
Day 1 - Kampala
After breakfast, depart Kampala and drive westwards towards fort Portal, which lies in the shadow of the fabled “Mountains of the moon."
A visit to Bigodi swamp to see smaller mammals and primates. Try to spot the rare colobus monkey and also the sitatunga.
Dinner and over night stay at kibale tented camp, Ndali lodge or Rwenzori guesthouse.
Day 2 - Uganda
Full day with a picnic lunch in search of chimpanzee and 10 other primates that inhabit the park.
The guide, during this informative walk, will give you detailed explanations about the fauna and flora found in this forest. Dinner and overnight stay at Kibale tented camp, Ndali safari lodge or Rwenzori guesthouse.
Day 3 - Uganda
After breakfast drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
En route you will be able to view lion, buffalo, elephant, hyena and a good deal of antelope species. After lunch go for a 2-hour lunch trip to Kazinga channel into Lake Edward. This trip passes through a very high concentration of hippos. It's also an excellent opportunity for photography and to see other game. You can also bird watch to try to find the 606 species of birds. Dinner and over night at Mweya safari lodge or jacana safari lodge
Day 4 - Uganda
With its characteristic grassy plain, tropical forest, rivers, swamps, lakes and volcanic craters, Queen Elizabeth is home to an abundance of wild life.
Our game drive will reward us with viewing lions, Uganda kob, topi giant forest hog, cape buffalos, elephant, defassa water buck, leopard and bush buck.
Dinner and over night at Mweya safari lodge or jacana safari camp.
Day 5 - Uganda
After breakfast drive through the veritable “Switzerland of Africa,” know as the mountainous and heavily terraced area of Kigezi, and then drive through winding roads to Bwindi.
Dinner and over night at Volcano tented camp, Mantana tented camp or Buhoma homestead.
Day 6 - Uganda
After breakfast and briefing from your guide, visit the gorilla sanctuary. This incredibly dense forest is practically impenetrable. It is, however, criss-crossed by animal trails, allowing ample access for tourists. The mammals include the endangered mountain gorillas, rare golden monkey, elephant, buffalo, bushbuck, and black fronted duiker. The main activity in this park is gorilla trekking. As you slog your way, you realize that it will take quite a while to find these giants. Traveling over such terrain also requires much physical stamina. And finally, though exhausted you will come face to face with these majestic primates, feeling exhilarated because you will know that this memory will last forever.
Dinner and overnight at volcano tented camp, Mantana camp or Buhoma homestead.
Day 7 - Kampala
Drag back to Kampala at leisure with a stop over at Agip Motel for lunch in Mbarara and arrive in Kampala early evening.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 8 Day Best of Uganda
- This eight day safari includes the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, game viewing, optional chimp tracking in Chamburu (Kyamburu) Gorge and bird-watching in Queen Elizabeth National Park, including a boat cruise, and a visit to Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary. Two gorilla tracking opportunities are included on this itinerary, but ...
- 6 Day Gorillas & Chimps Express
- A six-day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, and game viewing at Lake Mburo National Park. On this itinerary, time permits for either one or two treks - if trekking once the other day being used for a forest walk or cultural/village visit.
- 12 Day Uganda Camping Adventure
- “The Pearl of Africa” - Uganda offers a unique diversity of wildlife, natural beauty, and friendly inhabitants that all combine to make the country one of Africa’s hidden gems. This tour includes the obvious attractions of trekking in indigenous forests to see wild Gorilla’s and Chimpanzee’s, as well as exploring ...
- 10 Day Classical Uganda
- A ten day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda (Bwindi Impenetrable Forest) or Rwanda, plus Chimpanzee trekking at both Kibale Forest & Chamburu Gorge in QENP, Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary, game viewing and a boat cruise in the Queen Elizabeth National Park – ideal for bird watching and ...