Murchison Falls NP, Queen Elizabeth NP & Kibale Forest, 7 Day, 6 Night Safa
Safari; Wildlife Safari; game viewing; game drive; Queen Elizabeth National Park; Queen Elizabeth; Adventure Safari; National Park Safari; Safari Adventure; Uganda Safari; Murchison Fall NP; Kibale NP;
This is a 7 days camping safari in Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park and Kibale Forest.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 7 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
This is a 7 days camping safari in Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park and Kibale Forest.
Day 1 - Uganda
After breakfast, drive northwest through the famous Luwero triangle.
Food and Dining
Refuel at Masindi town and lunch at Masindi Hotel.
Enter the park through the Kichumbanyobo gate, passing through the Budongo forest and driving straight to the Top of the Falls. You will watch with awe as river Nile compresses from 50 meters, squeezing through a narrow cleft of only 6 meters and then plunging with a thunderous roar- creating a beautiful rainbow and a plume of spray.
Cross to the northern bank for a game drive.
Day 2 - Uganda
Our day begins with an early morning game drive. Here your guide will help you spot elephants, lions, Rothschild's giraffes, hartbeest waterbuck, oribi, hyena, Cape buffalo and sometimes leopard. After packed lunch, we go for a two-hour launch trip up stream the Victoria Nile to the base of the falls. On the 17 km stretch, you will see hippos yawning, crocodiles, elephants, waterbucks and Uganda kob. You will also be astonished at the vast number of bird species like king fisher, goliath heron, pelican bee-eater, Egyptian goose, hornbill and the rare shoebill stock. As the sun begins to dip, drive back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 - Uganda
After a deeply reviving sleep, we are up early for breakfast and then drive all day to the south through Hoima, to Fort portal. All the way you will marvel at the verdant countryside and the traditional farms and homesteads. Fort portal rests in the shadow of the fabled “mountains of the moon."
Dinner and over night at kibale-tented camp, Ndali lodge or Rwenzori guest house.
Day 4 - Uganda
Enter kibale forest early in the morning and spend the whole day searching for chimpanzees and other primates. Have a picnic lunch in this mature hard wood forest, which is home to the highest diversity and number of primates in Africa.
You will also be able to see a variety of birds and butterflies.
Food and Dining
Dinner and overnight at Kibale tented camp, Ndali lodge or Rwenzori guesthouse.
Day 5 - Uganda
After breakfast we follow the mystical mountain range of Rwenzori to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Enroute we shall be able to view elephant, lion, buffalo, a variety of antelope species and hyenas.
In the afternoon, cruise the Kazinga channel, which joins Lakes Edward and George. This trip passes through arguably the highest concentration of Hippos anywhere. You will see crocodiles and different bird species with over 606 species recorded. Dinner and overnight at Mweya safari lodge or Jacana safari lodge.
Day 6 - Uganda
After breakfast go for a game drive with Rwenzori in the backdrop.
This drive will be an opportunity for you to see Cape buffalo, lion, leopard, giant forest hog, Uganda kob, topi, and bushbuck. Dinner and over night stay at Mweya safari lodge or Jacana safari lodge.
Day 7 - Kampala
Depart for Maramagambo forest early in the morning. Catch a glimpse of chimpanzees and other primates.
Visit the bat caves and the "Blue Lake."
Food and Dining
Then drive back to Kampala with a stopover for lunch at Agip motel Mbarara.
Drive on with another stop over at the Equator, one of the several photographic stops along the way. Arrive in Kampala early evening with an indelible impression about Uganda.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 8 Day Best of Uganda
- This eight day safari includes the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, game viewing, optional chimp tracking in Chamburu (Kyamburu) Gorge and bird-watching in Queen Elizabeth National Park, including a boat cruise, and a visit to Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary. Two gorilla tracking opportunities are included on this itinerary, but ...
- 6 Day Gorillas & Chimps Express
- A six-day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda, and game viewing at Lake Mburo National Park. On this itinerary, time permits for either one or two treks - if trekking once the other day being used for a forest walk or cultural/village visit.
- 12 Day Uganda Camping Adventure
- “The Pearl of Africa” - Uganda offers a unique diversity of wildlife, natural beauty, and friendly inhabitants that all combine to make the country one of Africa’s hidden gems. This tour includes the obvious attractions of trekking in indigenous forests to see wild Gorilla’s and Chimpanzee’s, as well as exploring ...
- 10 Day Classical Uganda
- A ten day safari from Entebbe, visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda (Bwindi Impenetrable Forest) or Rwanda, plus Chimpanzee trekking at both Kibale Forest & Chamburu Gorge in QENP, Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary, game viewing and a boat cruise in the Queen Elizabeth National Park – ideal for bird watching and ...