Enjoy 8 Days Sicily tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Palermo, Acireale and Porto Empedocle. There are many exciting features of this trip! See the Greco-Roman amphitheatre in Taormina and the Volcan at M. Etna. Then you can visit the old town of Ragusa Ibla and the UNESCO World ...Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 8 days
- Best Time to Go:
Jun 27, 2008 to Jul 04, 2008
Sep 05, 2008 to Sep 12, 2008
Jul 11, 2008 to Jul 18, 2008
Jul 25, 2008 to Aug 01, 2008
Oct 03, 2008 to Oct 10, 2008
Sep 19, 2008 to Sep 26, 2008
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Enjoy 8 Days Sicily tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Palermo, Acireale and Porto Empedocle. There are many exciting features of this trip! See the Greco-Roman amphitheatre in Taormina and the Volcan at M. Etna. Then you can visit the old town of Ragusa Ibla and the UNESCO World Heritage city to see the baroque architecture in Noto. Next travel to see the historic down of Catania. You can see the famous mosaics of the Roman Villa at Piazza Armerina. In Agrigento, go to the Valley of the temples. Then travel to Monreale where you can see the Norman Cathedral and Abbey, enjoy the fantastic views overlooking the valley and have a delicious wine tasting in the cellars of one of Sicily's oldest wineries. Travel to the seaside town of Mondello and then finally end your trip in Palermo to have a guided tour and see the amazing baroque monuments.
Day 1 - On the Plane
Depart for Europe.
Your exciting European trip begins.
Day 2 - Palermo
Make your own way to the hotel in Palermo.
Food and Dining
This evening meet your Tour Manager and fellow travellers at 6.00pm for a welcome meeting and dinner.
Later head into town to discover the local nightlife. (Dinner)
Day 3 - Palermo
Palermo to Acireale.
Today's journey takes us to the chic seaside resort of Taormina where you will be able to see the Greco-Roman amphitheatre, take time for lunch and enjoy the stunning coastal views before we depart for Mt Etna. Why not take a funicular ride to 2,500 metres (conditions permitting) to the very top of this active volcano? ( Breakfast, Dinner )
Day 4 - Italy
Ragusa Ibla is our first stop this morning where we explore the narrow winding alleyways of the old town. Then it's on to Noto, the UNESCO World Heritage city famed for its stunning Sicilian Baroque architecture.
Food and Dining
Tonight, the opportunity for dinner in the historic town of Catania. ( Breakfast )
Day 5 - Italy
Acireale to Porto Empedocle.
Today we visit Piazza Armerina, a large Roman villa famed for its mosaics.
Later we continue on to the Valley of the Temples to view the amazingly preserved Greek temples from the 5th century BC. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 6 - Palermo
Porto Empedocle to Palermo.
This morning we make our way to Monreale for free time and to visit the Abbey.
Later, a chance to taste some Sicilian wine in a local winery.
In the afternoon we relax on the beach before returning to Palermo. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 7 - Palermo
Our local guide will take us back in time as we discover Palermo's history.
With plenty of free time you can visit the local markets or one of the city's many museums, maybe take in a traditional Sicilian puppet show.
Food and Dining
Tonight join us for a final farewell dinner. ( Breakfast )
Day 8 - Palermo
Time to swap addresses and say farewell to your new-found friends as your tour ends after breakfast. ( Breakfast )
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- SOUTHERN FRANCE & NORTHERN ITALY
- Come with us on a vacation you'll never forget! Taste the Best of Provence, the French and Italian Rivieras, Verona and Venice, and the Northern Italian Lake Region.
- TUSCANY, UMBRIA & CINQUE TERRE, ITALY
- Can there be any place on earth more appealing than the hilly countryside of Tuscany and Umbria? In among the hills are fascinating ancient cities built by Renaissance geniuses of art and architecture. And if the splendor of the artists and perfectly preserved monuments of history are not enough to ...
- SICILY, ROME & THE AMALFI COAST, ITALY
- Timeless architectural beauty and intriguing history combined with sumptuous gastronomic offerings and a host of fine wines abound in this corner of Italy. Sprinkle this combination liberally with sunshine and the warmth of friendly people and you have the perfect recipe for an unforgettable vacation.
- Customized Italy Explorer Tour
- This 11 day Customized Italy Explorer Tour will deliver unrepeatable experience for any traveler. The tour will start with historic Rome with Colosseum, The Roman Forum, The Palatine Hill, Vatican and Tiber River Cruise. The next stop is Florence. Here you will see the famous Uffizi Gallery, Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte ...