Great Britain (Winter)
Sightseeing; Scotland; England; Holyrood Palace; Royal Deeside; Northumberland National Park; Wales; Excrusions; explorations; Edinburgh Castle; Ben Nevis; Britain's highest mountain; Buckingham Palace; the Tower of London; Tudor town; Snowdonia National Park; Whisky Trail;
Enjoy 10 Days Great Britain (Winter) tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in England, Scotland and Wales. During your stay in London you will have the opportunity to see the Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London & Westminster Abbey. While in Windsor, explore the Windsor Castle, an then stop by ...Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 10 days
- Best Time to Go:
Oct 14, 2008 to Oct 23, 2008
Dec 16, 2008 to Dec 25, 2008
Feb 03, 2009 to Feb 12, 2009
Dec 30, 2008 to Jan 08, 2009
Dec 09, 2008 to Dec 18, 2008
Jan 06, 2009 to Jan 15, 2009
Dec 26, 2008 to Jan 04, 2009
Mar 03, 2009 to Mar 12, 2009
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Enjoy 10 Days Great Britain (Winter) tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in England, Scotland and Wales. During your stay in London you will have the opportunity to see the Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London & Westminster Abbey. While in Windsor, explore the Windsor Castle, an then stop by University town in Oxford. Take a walking tour of the city of York, and then see Hadrian's Wall in the Northumberland National Park. Then you will stop by Edinburgh where you will see the Edinburgh Castle, the Holyrood Palace and the Royal Mile: Visit Loch Ness and Loch Lomond and visit and tour a whisky distillery (subject to availability) during your time in the Scottish Highlands. Also, you will have the opportunity to see Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain while in Scottish Highlands. The fun begins in Scottish Highlands as you embark on scenic drives including the Whisky Trail and Royal Deeside. Make your way to Liverpool where you are invited to check out the famous sights of The Beatles on a Magical Mystery Tour with our local guide. On the last portion of the trip, stop in Gretna Green where you will enter into a Museum and take part in an historic wedding ceremony. Before stopping in Wales and enjoying a scenic drive through Snowdonia National Park, you are invited to stop in Chester to visit the Tudor town.
Day 1 - On the Plane
Depart for Europe.
Your exciting European trip begins.
Day 2 - London
Check-in to your hotel after 2pm.
Then enjoy the day exploring London. Tonight, meet your Contiki Tour Manager and fellow travellers for a pre-departure meeting.
Day 3 - Oxford
London to Oxford.
A warm welcome from your Contiki crew as we begin with a city tour of London. View Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey before heading west to the Royal town of Windsor.
A chance to see famous Windsor Castle before continuing to the university town of Oxford. ( Dinner )
Day 4 - York
Oxford to York.
We journey north past the Peak District to the historic city of York.
See Roman, Viking and medieval history in this famous walled city. An included walking tour by day.
A chance to go ghost hunting at night after our pub dinner. ( Breakfast, Dinner )
Day 5 - Edinburgh
York to Edinburgh.
Today we take a trip to the foot of the Pennine Mountains to view Hadrian's Wall. North into Bonnie Scotland for a scenic drive to the vibrant city of Edinburgh.
Enjoy a first glimpse of the city on our including sightseeing tour this evening. ( Breakfast )
Day 6 - Edinburgh
Today a chance to explore the city sights such as the castle and Holyrood Palace, or perhaps walk the Royal Mile and shop for tartan and shortbread along Princes Street.
A full day to explore and enjoy. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 7 - Edinburgh
Edinburgh to Scottish Highlands.
Today we head north for the Dee Valley in the Grampian Mountains, close to Balmoral Castle
Enjoy the spectacular drive along the Whisky Trail to our home tonight in the beautiful Highlands. ( Breakfast, Dinner )
Day 8 - Glasgow
Highlands to Glasgow.
First stop this morning is the famous Loch Ness. We continue south past Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain, and through Glencoe before stopping on the shores of Loch Lomond.
River or Barge Cruise
A chance to cruise on the lake before heading to Glasgow, situated on the banks of the river Clyde. ( Breakfast )
Day 9 - Liverpool
Glasgow to Liverpool.
South through Robert Burns country, we stop at Gretna Green. Leaving Scotland behind, we travel to Liverpool enjoying the spectacular scenery of the Lake District and Cumbrian Mountains.
This afternoon, you'll enjoy our included Magical Mystery Tour of memorable Beatles sights with a local guide.
Food and Dining
Tonight, why not join us for a farewell dinner.
Afterwards enjoy Liverpool's nightscene? (Breakfast)
Day 10 - London
Liverpool to London.
Our first stop today is the Roman town of Chester. Then it's on to Wales for our lunch-stop before heading back to London, where we arrive at approximately 8pm. (Breakfast)
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Great Britain: Gardens, Golf & Pubs - RHS Garden Holidays
- On this 9 Day tour we will take a voyage of discovery that takes you from the excitement of London...to the history of York...to the pageantry of Edinburgh...all with an eye on Britain's stately gardens. Along the way we can get in a round of golf or go to the ...
- London, Paris and Amsterdam 10 day trip
- Start off in London where you can take a ride on the London Eye, see the Changing of the Guards and take a day-trip to Stonehenge. Then take a 2-hour train to Paris and visit its world-class museums, dine in small (but gourmet) restaurants, and have a romantic evening stroll ...
- Best WWII Tour Yet!
- This is a 7 to 11 day land tour that follows the US troops from staging area in England through drop zones and beaches of D-Day in France. Then continues with action in the Netherlands, Belgium (Battle of Bulge), Germany,Luxembourg, Austrian bunkers of 3rd Reich and to the Eagle's Nest. ...
- Girlfriend Getaway to Europe: London, Amsterdam & Paris
- Enjoy Girlfriend Getaway to Europe: London, Amsterdam & Paris tour including sightseeing and many other activities in London, Amsterdam and Paris. Enjoy the incredible art collections, shopping, restaurants, bars and night clubs in London. Explore the old part of Amsterdam on foot, strolling across ancient bridges and down narrow lanes ...