Best of Northern Ireland and Dublin
Sightseeing; St. Patrick’s Cathedral; Britain Tour; Dublin Castle; Phoenix Park; Boyne Valley; Carlingford Lough; Stormont Castle; Bushmills; Giant Causeway; Derry Craft Village; Ulster-American Folk Park; Cistercian Abbey; Shannon River;
Enjoy 9 Days Best of Northern Ireland and Dublin Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Ireland.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 9 days
- Best Time to Go:
- April, May, June, July, August, September, October
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Enjoy 9 Days Best of Northern Ireland and Dublin Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Ireland.
Day 1 - On the Plane
Board your overnight transatlantic flight.
Day 2 - Dublin
Arrive in Dublin, Ireland.
Upon arrival you will be transferred to your hotel.
Later, a guided tour includes Trinity College and views of St Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin Castle and Phoenix Park.
Food and Dining
Tonight, enjoy a Welcome Drink with your traveling companions.
Stay at Jurys Custom Inn (F).
Day 3 - Belfast
Dublin - Belfast.
Travel north, via the Boyne Valley, and see Carlingford Lough. Continue to Downpatrick. Then on to Belfast, where a sightseeing tour highlights the City Hall, Queen’s University and Stormont Castle. (B,D)
Stay at Jurys Inn (F).
Day 4 - Letterkenny
Belfast - Letterkenny.
Drive along the Antrim coast and see the castles at Ballygalley and Glenarm. Then to Bushmills, the world’s oldest whiskey distillery.
Travel to the Giant’s Causeway, a magnificent landscape surrounded by history, myth and legend. Continue on to Letterkenny. (B)
Stay at Radisson (SF).
Day 5 - Derry
Drive to Derry for a walking tour. Stroll along the city walls and admire the views.
Historical and Educational Tours
See the famous Bogside murals and 17th-century St. Columb's Cathedral. Next, stop at the Derry Craft Village for a look back at 300 years of history.
Enjoy some free time to explore on your own or perhaps take an excursion to the Inishowen Peninsula.
Later, return to Letterkenny. (B,D)
Day 6 - Sligo
Letterkenny - Belleek - Sligo.
Travel to Omagh to visit the Ulster-American Folk Park, an outdoor living history museum celebrating Ireland’s links to America.
Then stop at the Belleek Pottery Factory before arriving in Sligo. (B,D)
Stay at Sligo Park (F).
Day 7 - Donegal
Yeats Country & Donegal Excursion.
Journey through W.B. Yeats country, so called because the poet spent much of his time here, to Drumcliff where he is buried. Then via Donegal town to Ardara. You might want to bring home an Aran sweater or some of the Donegal tweeds this area is famous for.
Return to Sligo via the fishing port of Killybegs. (B)
Day 8 - Dublin
Sligo - Dublin.
Follow the Shannon River to Lough Key, then on to Boyle to see the Cistercian Abbey. Travel via Longford back to Dublin.
Food and Dining
Tonight savor a Farewell Dinner. (B,D)
Day 9 - Dublin
Your homebound flight arrives the same day. (B)
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Ireland As You Please
- This getaway allows you to capture the best of the counties in the southern half of the island staying in all hotels along the way! This is a popular route that takes in the best of Ireland, from busy towns to breathtaking landscapes. Galway Travel Guide and Trip Planner
- Around Ireland in 13 Days
- It is said that Ireland, once visited, is never forgotten – from the seemingly endless shades of green in the landscape of to the friendliest people on the planet, this action-packed itinerary features some of the top highlights for getting the best feel for Ireland in a short amount of ...
- Manor Houses & Castles
- See Ireland's scenic wonders with a variety of historical and cultural interests. Enjoy the luxury of Ireland's best Manor Houses and Castle Hotels on this itinerary.
- 1st Timer's Southern Route
- Ireland is a place where you cannot see and do everything in just one trip. However, this itinerary is a great place to start and to experience the southern part of the island! This itinerary saves Dublin for your last few days.