Wales and Ireland
Enjoy 12 Days Wales and Ireland Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in England, Ireland and Wales.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 12 days
- Best Time to Go:
- April, May, June, July, August, September, October
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Enjoy 12 Days Wales and Ireland Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in England, Ireland and Wales.
Day 1 - On the Plane
Board your overnight transatlantic flight.
Day 2 - London
Arrive In London, England.
Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
The balance of the day is free to begin exploring on your own.
Stay at Hilton Olympia (F).
Day 3 - Llandrindod Well
London - Stratford - Worcester - Llandrindod Wells, Wales.
Depart London and head to Stratford-upon-Avon to visit Shakespeare’s birthplace and see Anne Hathaway’s Cottage in nearby Shottery.
Then to Worcester to visit the Royal Porcelain Factory shops (when open) and to see the splendid Cathedral. Cross into Wales and continue on to Llandrindod Wells.
Food and Dining
Tonight, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Drink before dinner. (CB,D)
Stay at Metropole (F).
Day 4 - Llandrindod Well
Llandrindod Wells - Caernarvon.
Enjoy a day of lovely Welsh scenery. Travel through Llangollen, home of a renowned music festival, and Betws-y-Coed, a popular resort.
Then drive over the Llanberis Pass in Snowdonia National Park and on to Caernarvon. (B,D)
Stay at Celtic Royal (F).
Day 5 - Dublin
Caernarvon - Dublin, Ireland.
Start the day with a visit to 13th-century Caernarvon Castle with a local guide.
Then stop at the railway station with the longest name in the world, Llanfairpwllgwyn…, and cross to the Isle of Anglesey to catch the ferry to Dublin. (B)
Stay at Jurys Custom Inn (F).
Day 6 - Dublin
Historical and Educational Tours
A guided tour includes views of the highlights of Dublin. Visit stately Trinity College and cross its cobblestone square to see the ancient Book of Kells.
Your afternoon is free. You might want to stroll along Grafton Street, the main shopping street, or have a pint of Guinness in a local pub. (B)
Day 7 - Sligo
Dublin - Sligo.
Head across Ireland, stopping in Boyle to see the ancient Cistercian Abbey. Then on to Sligo Bay and Drumcliff, the burial place of the poet W.B. Yeats. Continue on to in County Donegal. (B,D)
Stay at Radisson SAS (F).
Day 8 - Ennis
Sligo - Ennis.
Travel south through the Connemara hills to Galway Bay. Continue on to Ennis and make the short trip to visit medieval Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. (B)
Stay at West County (F).
Day 9 - Ennis
Ennis - Ring of Kerry - Kenmare.
Journey to Limerick to view King John''s 12th-century Castle. Then on to the lovely Iveragh Peninsula, known as The Ring of Kerry.
Stay at Kenmare Bay (F).
Drive through beautiful scenery, past little towns and ancient ruins to quaint Kenmare. (B)
Day 10 - Waterford
Kenmare - Blarney - Waterford.
Head east to visit Blarney Castle with the famous stone that gives the gift of eloquence for a kiss. Then on via Cork and through Youghal, where “Moby Dick” was filmed.
Arriving in Waterford, take a guided tour of the fascinating Crystal Factory, and perhaps shop for some of the exquisite crystal to take home. (B,D)
Stay at Waterford Marina (F).
Day 11 - Wales
Waterford - Cardiff, Wales.
At Rosslare, embark on the ferry and cross the Irish Sea to Pembroke in South Wales.
Then drive along the coast via the seaside resort of Tenby on the way to Cardiff, the Welsh capital.
Food and Dining
Celebrate your touring adventure tonight at a Farewell Dinner with new friends. (B,D)
Stay at Copthorne (SF).
Day 12 - London
Cardiff - Bath, England - London.
Take an orientation tour of Cardiff, to see the Castle and Millennium Stadium. Then cross back into England and drive to Georgian Bath.
Visit the intriguing Roman Baths. Return to London through Windsor Great Park and Runnymede, where the Magna Carta was sealed. Your evening is free in the British capital. (B)
Day 13 - London
Your homebound flight arrives the same day. (B)
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Great Britain: Gardens, Golf & Pubs - RHS Garden Holidays
- On this 9 Day tour we will take a voyage of discovery that takes you from the excitement of London...to the history of York...to the pageantry of Edinburgh...all with an eye on Britain's stately gardens. Along the way we can get in a round of golf or go to the ...
- London, Paris and Amsterdam 10 day trip
- Start off in London where you can take a ride on the London Eye, see the Changing of the Guards and take a day-trip to Stonehenge. Then take a 2-hour train to Paris and visit its world-class museums, dine in small (but gourmet) restaurants, and have a romantic evening stroll ...
- Best WWII Tour Yet!
- This is a 7 to 11 day land tour that follows the US troops from staging area in England through drop zones and beaches of D-Day in France. Then continues with action in the Netherlands, Belgium (Battle of Bulge), Germany,Luxembourg, Austrian bunkers of 3rd Reich and to the Eagle's Nest. ...
- Ireland As You Please
- This getaway allows you to capture the best of the counties in the southern half of the island staying in all hotels along the way! This is a popular route that takes in the best of Ireland, from busy towns to breathtaking landscapes. Galway Travel Guide and Trip Planner