Best of Sicily
Enjoy 7 Days Best of Sicily Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Agrigento, Catania, Palermo, Syracuse and Taormina.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 7 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Enjoy 7 Days Best of Sicily Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Agrigento, Catania, Palermo, Syracuse and Taormina.
Day 1 - On the Plane
Board your overnight transatlantic flight.
Day 2 - Taormina
Arrive In Catania, Sicily - Taormina.
Upon arrival at Catania’s airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel in Taormina.
Food and Dining
This evening, enjoy a Welcome Drink with your Tour Director and fellow travelers.
Stay at Caesar Palace (F).
Day 3 - Taormina
Start your tour with a morning of sightseeing. View the Greek Theatre, the Corso Umberto and Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe.
The afternoon is at leisure to continue exploring on your own, shop for handmade lace on the Corso, or simply relax. (B,D)
Day 4 - Taormina
Travel beneath the smoldering summit of Mount Etna to Syracuse, founded by the ancient Greeks.
A guided tour of this venerable city highlights the Greek Theatre, the Ear of Dionysius and the Roman amphitheatre.
In the afternoon, visit Ortigia Island, the historical heart of Syracuse.
Food and Dining
Returning to Taormina, savor dinner tonight in a local restaurant. (B,D)
Day 5 - Agrigento
Taormina - Piazza Armerina - Enna - Agrigento.
Your first stop this morning is at Piazza Armerina to see the splendid mosaics in the Roman Villa of Casale.
Continue on through the fortress town of Enna to ancient Agrigento. Visit the magnificent Valley of the Temples, home to some of the greatest Greek ruins in the world. (B,D)
Stay at Grand dei Templi (F).
Day 6 - Palermo
Agrigento - Selinunte - Palermo.
Head out to Selinunte and view some Dorian temple ruins and the Acropolis. Then on to Erice to visit the castle gardens and enjoy the view.
Continue on to Palermo, the Sicilian capital, where your evening is free. (B)
Stay at Astoria Palace (F).
Day 7 - Palermo
Your morning sightseeing tour begins with the Piazza Bellini and the Cathedral. Continue on to view the Conca d’Oro from Monreale, and visit the 12th century Norman Cathedral.
Next, stop in the fishing village of Mondello.
The balance of the day is at leisure.
Food and Dining
Tonight, gather with your traveling companions for a festive Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant. (B,D)
Day 8 - Palermo
You are transferred to the airport for your onward flight. (B)
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- THE CHARME OF SICILY (8DAYS / 7 NIGHTS)
- The most original and refined tour of Sicily, for individuals. A programme of “global” discovery in small groups (max 14 pax in minibus): from the major, not to be missed, classical sites (Segesta, The Valley of Temples, Piazza Armerina, Syracuse) to the historical and artistic sites of the Medieval, Norman, ...
- Enjoy 8 Days Sicily tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Palermo, Acireale and Porto Empedocle. There are many exciting features of this trip! See the Greco-Roman amphitheatre in Taormina and the Volcan at M. Etna. Then you can visit the old town of Ragusa Ibla and the UNESCO World ...
- Best of Sicily
- Enjoy 7 Days Best of Sicily Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Agrigento, Catania, Palermo, Syracuse and Taormina.
- Best of Italy and Sicily
- Enjoy 15 Days Best of Italy and Sicily Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Agrigento, Assisi, Capri, Florence, Palermo, Pisa, Pompeii, Ravenna, Rome, Sorrento, Taormina and Venice.