Splendors of Italy
Enjoy 13 Days Splendors of Italy Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Assisi, Bay of Naples, Florence, Genoa, Italian Lakes, Pisa, Rome, Siena, Sorrento, Venice and Verona.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 13 days
- Best Time to Go:
- January, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, December
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Enjoy 13 Days Splendors of Italy Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Assisi, Bay of Naples, Florence, Genoa, Italian Lakes, Pisa, Rome, Siena, Sorrento, Venice and Verona.
Day 1 - On the Plane
Board your overnight transatlantic flight.
Day 2 - Rome
Arrive In Rome, Italy.
Upon arrival ,you will be transferred to your hotel.
The balance of the day is free to begin exploring on your own.
Stay at Ergife Palace (MF).
Day 3 - Rome
A morning sightseeing tour features views of massive St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City. Then cross the Tiber to see the Forum and the Colosseum.
The afternoon is free. Perhaps visit the Catacombs, shop, or explore further on your own. (B)
Day 4 - Rome
Rome - Bay Of Naples.
Travel south today to the beautiful Bay of Naples.
Your afternoon is at leisure to relax and enjoy the scenery, or perhaps take an optional excursion to ancient Pompeii. (B,D)
Stay at Stabia (MF) or Villa Cimmino (MF).
Day 5 - Sorrento
Travel to the popular resort town of Sorrento.
Learn about the craft of inlaid wood on a visit to a workshop. Then there is time on your own to explore this seaside town or to take an optional tour to the Isle of Capri. (B,D)
Day 6 - Assisi
Bay Of Naples - Assisi.
Journey north to the venerable town of Assisi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
An orientation tour highlights St. Francis’ Basilica, famous for its fresco paintings. (B,D)
Stay at Frate Sole (MF).
Day 7 - Venice
Assisi - Venice.
Head across the Apennine Mountains, via the tiny Principality of San Marino and along the Adriatic coast towards Venice. (B,D)
Stay at Park Hotel Villa Fiorita (MF) in Monastier.
Day 8 - Venice
Cruise to St. Mark’s Square, seeing the highlights of the city along the way.
Arts, Crafts and Antiques
Next, watch a fascinating demonstration of the art of glassblowing.
The afternoon is free to explore this magical city on your own. (B,D)
Day 9 - Venice
Venice - Italian Lakes.
Your first stop today is in the city of Verona. See Juliet’s balcony and the Roman Arena amphitheatre, still in use today. Continue on to the beautiful Italian Lakes region. (B,D)
Stay at Continental (MF) in Biandronno.
Day 10 - Lugano
Cross the border into Switzerland for a visit to the lovely lakeside resort of Lugano.
Take time to stroll along the lake and enjoy the scenery, shop for Swiss chocolates or simply relax in a café and people watch. (B,D)
Day 11 - Florence
Italian Lakes - Florence.
Travel south past Genoa, the birthplace of Christopher Columbus, to Pisa. See the famous Leaning Tower and the Cathedral in the Square of Miracles.
Then continue on to the Renaissance city of Florence. (B)
Stay at Relais Certosa (F).
Day 12 - Florence
A morning tour features the imposing Duomo, the Baptistery with its ornate bronze doors and Santa Croce Basilica.
The afternoon is at leisure to shop, visit one of the museums, explore the city further on your own, or just relax. (B,D)
Day 13 - Rome
Florence - Siena - Rome.
First travel to Siena, famous for the Palio horse races every year. Visit the 700-year-old main square, the Piazza del Campo, before reboarding the coach and continuing on to the “Eternal City.”
Food and Dining
Your evening is free to celebrate your tour with newfound friends. (B)
Stay at Ergife Palace (MF).
Day 14 - Rome
Your homebound flight arrives the same day. (B)
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Culinary Adventures in Italy!
- Experience Florence with your senses as you take in the flavors and pleasures of the most romantic city on Earth!
- Greek Isles Cruise
- This will be a cruise of your lifetime! Sailing from Venice and touring the beautiful Greek Isles for seven days. I will be leading this group of all ages so everyone is welcome. Group discounts will be available for air and insurance... contact us today! Ports to include Dubrovnik,Corfu, Santorini, ...
- Photographer's Paradise Cruise
- Join us for a fabulous Mediterranean cruise and photography seminar. Stop by our photography workshops for specialized content for beginners, intermediate and advanced photographers. Learn how to capture that perfect shot then use what you’ve learned as you tour some of the world’s most historic sites. Come back to the ...
- All about Italy
- Italy, perfect for those who enjoy the arts, great cuisine, beautiful architecture, breathtaking landscapes, and phenomenal beaches. This incredibly historic landmark has it all. ------ This trip was originally created around a client's preferences, and was not a cookie-cutter trip. We tailored this package around meeting their expectations. ------ This ...