Best of Greece - (Superior)
Cruise; Cruising; Sightseeing; Cruise Vacation; royal palace; Monasteries; Corinth; Temple of Zeus; Olympic Stadium; Mycenae; Agora; Hadrian Arch; Acropolis; Acropolis Museum; Beehive Tombs; Treasury of Atreus; Lion Gate; Agamemnon Royal Palace; Pourmaraki Pass;
Enjoy 16 Days Best of Greece (Superior) Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Greece. Spend a week on mainland Greece, then add a cruise around the spectacular Mediterranean Sea.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 16 days
- Best Time to Go:
- March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Enjoy 16 Days Best of Greece (Superior) Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Greece. Spend a week on mainland Greece, then add a cruise around the spectacular Mediterranean Sea.
Day 1 - On the Plane
Board your overnight transatlantic flight.
Day 2 - Athens
Arrival In Athens, Greece.
You will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel.
Food and Dining
Tonight, enjoy a Welcome Drink with your Tour Director and traveling companions.
Day 3 - Athens
A walking tour this morning features the Acropolis and the Parthenon. Also, see the Agora, Acropolis Museum, Royal Palace, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, and the stadium built for the first modern Olympics in 1896.
With the rest of the day at leisure, check with your Tour Director on things to do and the best places to find local fare. (B)
Day 4 - Athens
Athens - Nauplia.
Drive across the Corinth Canal and visit the remains of the ancient city of Corinth where St. Paul preached.
Historical and Educational Tours
Continue to Mycenae, whose 19th-century excavations reveal impressions of the splendors so vividly described by Homer.
Admire the Beehive Tombs, the Treasury of Atreus, the Lion Gate, and remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace. Then on to the Sanctuary of Aesculapius, the God of Medicine, to view its well-preserved 2,300 year-old open air amphitheater.
Later, arrive in Nauplia. (B,D)
Day 5 - Greece
Nauplia - Olympia.
Journey through the spectacular Arcadian Mountains to Olympia, where the first Olympic Games were held in 776 BC in honor of the King of Deities. Stroll around the ancient Olympic Stadium, the Gymnasium and the Temples of Zeus and Hera, highlights of this archaeological site. (B,D)
Day 6 - Greece
Olympia - Delphi.
Head to the busy port of Patras and ferry across the Gulf of Corinth to mainland Greece.
Then drive through sleepy fishing villages to timeless Delphi on the slopes of mighty Mount Parnassus, home of the famous Oracle.
Walk the Sacred Way to the Sanctuary of Apollo and visit this ancient archaeological site. (B,D)
Day 7 - Greece
Delphi - Meteora - Kalambaka.
Drive over Pourmaraki Pass to Lamia, and then via Trikala to Kalambaka.
Delight in the fantastic landscapes of Meteora with its 24 rock-top monasteries perched high above the town. Admire the beautiful Byzantine frescoes as you visit two of the most impressive monasteries. (B,D)
Day 8 - Athens
Kalambaka - Athens.
Enjoy a scenic drive along the coast this morning to Thermopylae, where a small Greek force battled the huge Persian army and nearly defeated them.
Return to Athens for the final night in this historic city.
Day 9 - Athens
Athens - Piraeus - Cruising.
Transfer to Piraeus to board your ship. (B,D)
Day 10 - Istanbul
Relax on board. Evening arrival in exotic Istanbul. (B,L,D)
Day 11 - Istanbul
A free day to enjoy this fabled city. (B,L,D)
Day 12 - Mykonos
Arrive mid-afternoon in Mykonos. (B,L,D)
Day 13 - At Sea
Cruising: Patmos - Kusadasi.
An early morning arrival on the tiny island of Patmos.
Later, cruise to Turkish Kusadasi. (B,L,D)
Day 14 - At Sea
Arrive early with time to explore the Old Town and Lindos. (B,L,D)
Day 15 - At Sea
Cruising: Heraklion - Santorini.
Dock at Heraklion on the island of Crete.
Later cruise to Santorini. (B,L,D)
Day 16 - Athens
Piraeus - Athens.
Disembark in Piraeus.
Travel to Athens, where the rest of the day is free. (B)
Day 17 - Athens
Your homebound flight arrives the same day. (B)
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 2 for 1 Luxury Cruise fares with free Airfare
- Cruise 2 for 1 with free airfares and $500 shipnoard credit. Sail from Athens to Venice; Athens (Piraeus), Greece • Delos, Greece • Mykonos, Greece • Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey Santorini, Greece • Aghios Nikolaos (Crete), Greece • Monemvasia, Greece Zakynthos, Greece • Itea, Greece • Corfu, Greece • Kotor, Montenegro ...
- Greece Wine Tasting tour Greece and Turkey
- Greece is one of the oldest wine-producing regions in the world. The earliest evidence of Greek wine has been dated to 6,500 years ago where wine was produced on a household or communal basis. In ancient times, as trade in wine became extensive, it was transported from end to end ...
- Best Of Italy And Greece
- See both historical Italy and classical Greece on this 15-day vacation. Enjoy 15 Days Best Of Italy and Greece tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Ancona, Assisi, Athens, Delphi, Florence, Olympia, Perugia, Pisa, Rome and Venice.
- Best of Greece (Superior) 2
- Enjoy 12 Days Best of Greece (Superior) Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Greece. Spend a week on mainland Greece, then add a cruise around the spectacular Mediterranean Sea.