Augrabies Falls and Kgaladi Transfrontier National Park
Augrabies Falls is located in a remote area of the Northern Cape 820km from Cape Town. At the Falls the Orange River drops 56 meters. The gorge at the Falls is 18km long. The sight and power of the water will not be easily forgotten. During this six day tour ...Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 6 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Augrabies Falls is located in a remote area of the Northern Cape 820km from Cape Town. At the Falls the Orange River drops 56 meters. The gorge at the Falls is 18km long. The sight and power of the water will not be easily forgotten. During this six day tour of the Au Falls and National Park you will explore the following highlights: Moon Rock– A prominent landmark of the Falls – From the summit you get one of the best views of the Park. Swart Rante- (Black Hills) The Black Hills form a natural border between the harsh environment of the gorge area and a more fertile area on the other side. Echo Corner- As the name implies a long lasting echo can be produced. The road to Echo Corner takes you through some of the Park’s most stunning scenery. The Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park is in the far Northern Cape and borders Namibia on one side and Botswana on the other side and is 379km from Augrabies Falls. The red desert dunes, thorn trees, dark mane Lions, leopard, cheetah, spotted and brown hyena, wild dog, jackal, springbok, red hartebeest, gemsbok and over 20 bird species are all part of Africa’s largest untouched wildlife sanctuary.
Day 1 - Cape Town
Cape Town to Augrabies Falls.
Drive from Cape Town on the N7 to Springbok (554km). Drive from Springbok on the N14 to
Kakamas (236km). Drive from Kakamas to Augrabies Falls (39km).
Spend 1st Night at Augrabies.
Day 2 - South Africa
Augrabies Falls National Park to Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park.
From Augrabies to Upington (129km). From Upington to Twee Rivieren (250km).
Spend 2nd Night at Twee Rivieren.
Day 3 - South Africa
Drive in the Park.
From Twee Rivieren to Nossob (3,5 hour Drive). From Nossob to Bitterpan (2,5 hour
Drive 4 X 4 Vehicle only).
3rd night at Bitterpan. This camp is not fenced in. The camp is built on stilts with a wooden walkway adjoining the units. Two bed units with loose standing bathroom, gas for hot water and solar for lighting. The walls of the units are made of reeds and canvas, whereas the roof is corrugated iron sheets covered with reeds. A six meter lookout tower allows exceptional views over the pan, waterhole and across the dunes.
Day 4 - South Africa
Drive in the Park.
From Bitterpan to Mata Mata (2 hour Drive).
Spend 4th Night at Twee Rivieren.
Day 5 - South Africa
Twee Rivieren to Augrabies Falls National Park.
From Twee Rivieren to Augrabies Falls National Park ( 379km).
Spend 5th Night at Augrabies Falls National Park.
Day 6 - Cape Town
Augrabies Falls National Park to Cape Town.
Drive from Augrabies Falls National Park back to Cape Town (829km).
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 6 Day Kruger & the Kingdoms
- It’s a truly royal six days, fully escorted, so you’re taken directly to some of South Africa’s finest scenic sights and most prolific Big Five game-viewing country. This is an African journey which begins in earnest in the quaint historical mining town of Pilgrim’s Rest, and meanders through the unique, ...
- 14 Day World in One Country
- A glorious 14-day southern African experience, where you’ll see and savour the immense richness of the country. From the wilds of Kruger National Park to the cosmopolitan sophistication of Cape Town, you’ll come to understand why South African is dubbed A World in One Country.
- 5 Day Kruger Park
- The Mpumalanga area is one of great contrast, bordered in the west by the towering escarpment with lush indigenous forests, crystal-clear streams and plunging waterfalls, and then falling away into the flat Lowveld bushveld, home to one of the richest diversities of fauna and flora in the world. Various private ...
- 18 Day South Africa Overland
- South Africa is a haven of spectacular scenery, abundant wildlife, diverse cultures and first world norms, topped with a healthy and invigorating climate. These qualities, as well as a relatively cheap currency, make it an adventure destination not to be missed. A country virtually the size of Europe with over ...