The Nature of Costa Rica
If you have a limited amount of time in Costa Rica and want to maximize your money and time, then this package will suit you perfectly. We have hand-selected each hotel and carefully designed this itinerary to make a truly memorable experience in our tropical paradise. We would be happy ...Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 7 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
If you have a limited amount of time in Costa Rica and want to maximize your money and time, then this package will suit you perfectly. We have hand-selected each hotel and carefully designed this itinerary to make a truly memorable experience in our tropical paradise. We would be happy to customize this package for you!
Day 1 - San Jose
Arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica in the late morning or early afternoon where you'll pick up your Toyota Yaris compact rental car at the airport and drive 3.5 hours through beautiful countryside to Arenal Volcano and Hotel Arenal Paraiso.
Spend the evening watching the volcano erupt.
Day 2 - San Jose
Leave your hotel in the morning for a guided hike near Arenal Volcano National Park.
In the afternoon, zip through the treetops in safety harnesses on a Canopy Tour. Experience the rainforest canopy by traversing from platforms in the trees.
This evening, relax in the pools at Tabacon Hot Springs surrounded by lush vegetation, enjoying a tropical drink and watching Arenal Volcano's fireshow.
Day 3 - San Jose
Leave Arenal Volcano in the morning and drive 4 hours through beautiful mountains to the Central Pacific Coast.
Hotel Balcon del Mar is a beachfront hotel centrally located in the town of Jaco.
Jaco has an amazing array of sights and activities, including World-class Sportfishing and surfing.
Day 4 - San Jose
Explore the rainforest on foot with a guided rainforest hike to see monkeys, leaf-cutter ants, macaws, parakeets, iguanas, and many other animals and birds. Wildlife and tropical habitat surround you as your professional guide points out and explains them.
River or Barge Cruise
Then marvel at huge crocodiles, scarlet macaws, Jesus Christ lizards, and many exotic birds and plants on the Jungle River Cruise. This tour along a quiet river and mangrove estuary showcases Costa Rica's biodiversity.
Relax in the evening at the beach.
Day 5 - San Jose
Leave the Central Pacific Coast in the morning. Drive 3.5 hours to La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
Food and Dining
Savor a great lunch buffet.
Then meander through a rainforest paradise to see a hummingbird garden, orchid garden, the world's largest butterfly pavilion and 5 stunning waterfalls.
Then drive 90 minutes to Hotel Country Inn & Suites in San Jose.
Return your rental car at the hotel in the evening.
Day 6 - San Jose
Shoot the rapids through the rainforest on the Pacuare River. This all-day tour includes transportation, breakfast, lunch, snacks, refreshments, guide and all equipment.
Travel through canyons and virgin rainforest for 16 miles. The class III-IV rapids are not rigourous and require no prior experience. With calm sections between the rapids, you can jump in and float in the warm water! This is an unforgettable, magical experience!
Day 7 - San Jose
Check out of your hotel and be transferred 10 minutes to the San Jose airport. Depart Costa Rica.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Amazing Costa Rica-In 10 Days
- Arrive in San Jose, and stay for 2 days. While you are there take a tour of Turtle Island, then go to the Arenal Region, and visit the Arenal Volcanoe and Tabacon Springs. After three days go on to Quanacaste for a beach holiday or go water rafting, then go ...
- 6 Night Costa Rica Vacation with Adventures by Disney
- Follow the Path to Pura Vida – San Jose, Arenal, Manuel Antonio and Quepos Pura Vida. The Pure Life. A life dedicated to nature’s beauty and harmony. Where you’ll fly high over rainforests, soak in secluded thermal springs, and conquer whitewater rapids. It’s a life filled with fiery dances, fresh-picked ...
- The Nature of Costa Rica
- If you have a limited amount of time in Costa Rica and want to maximize your money and time, then this package will suit you perfectly. We have hand-selected each hotel and carefully designed this itinerary to make a truly memorable experience in our tropical paradise. We would be happy ...
- Yoga and Costa Rican Eco-Tour: A Mind Body and Spirit Program for Women of
- Rejuvenation…with a little adventure on the side! Time to slow down and get back into balance. We guarantee you will leave feeling fabulous! Daily yoga classes are offered each morning, and the days vary with either one or two programs offered by Dr. Susan Schliff you may wish to participate ...