Cotopaxi National Park
Quito, the second highest capital in Latin America, perches on a narrow ledge between the slopes of Pichincha Volcano (4,794 m) to the west and the low-lying valleys to the east. This is perhaps the most spectacular city to fly into, as you dizzily descend through the foothills dotted with ...Read Full Description
- Quito, Ecuador
- Trip Length:
- 1 day
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Quito, the second highest capital in Latin America, perches on a narrow ledge between the slopes of Pichincha Volcano (4,794 m) to the west and the low-lying valleys to the east. This is perhaps the most spectacular city to fly into, as you dizzily descend through the foothills dotted with vertiginous fields and tiny white houses, framed by the huge mountains in the distance. Quito is a city of old and new. The Old Town, the first ever UNESCO World Heritage site, is the Spanish legacy, where ornate Baroque churches and pale blue, pink and yellow colonial buildings line the steep, narrow, cobbled streets, and peddlers noisily tote their wares.
Day 1 - Quito
Quito - Cotopaxi National Park - Quito
Drive from Quito to the south to the Cotopaxi National Park.
Visit of the Parks Museum and drive up to the parking near the refuge. About 1hour walk to the refuge.(4800 m / 15748ft a.s.l.) On the way back visit of the Limpiopungo Lakes.
Return to Quito.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Highlights of Peru and Ecuador
- If we had to pick two absolutely "must see" destinations in South America they would undoubtedly be the incredible Incan ruins of Machu Picchu and the naturalist's paradise of the Galapagos Islands. For this incredible itinerary we've added an unexpected twist; a visit to the Ecuadorian Amazon for three days ...
- The best of Ecuador in 15 days
- This 15-day custom tour of Ecuador will give you a great combination of ancient Incan culture and artifacts, Spanish colonial history, and waterfront nightlife and surfing. You will start with Quito, the seat of gouverment and the highest capital city in the world, then go to Cuenca, UNESCO world heritage ...
- Highlands of Ecuador
- Enjoy 11 Days Highlands of Ecuador Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Baltra Island, Cuenca, Galapagos, Galapagos Isles, Guayaquil, Guayaquil, Quito and Riobamba.
- Galapagos Adventure
- A luxury 7 night adventure filled cruise to the Galapagos Islands