Gold Mines & Petrified Forests
You will visit Puerto Bolivar, local Mining museum, colonial town of Zaruma and Ecological Reserve (Manglares Churute where we do a short boat ride through the Mangroves). Cuenca boasts some of the country's finest architecture. The Cuenca basin is a major "artisan" center producing ceramics, gold and silver jewelry, textiles ...Read Full Description
- Cuenca, Ecuador; Guayaquil, Ecuador; Machala, Ecuador
- Trip Length:
- 4 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
You will visit Puerto Bolivar, local Mining museum, colonial town of Zaruma and Ecological Reserve (Manglares Churute where we do a short boat ride through the Mangroves). Cuenca boasts some of the country's finest architecture. The Cuenca basin is a major "artisan" center producing ceramics, gold and silver jewelry, textiles and the famous Panama hat.
Day 1 - Cuenca
Cuenca - Machala
We drive through the tropical Jubones Valley to Machala, the Banana Capital of Ecuador.
We visit the Puerto Bolivar where you can see the Banana freighters from all over the world.
Day 2 - Machala
Machala - Portovello - Machala
We drive trough a hilly landscape to Portovello where we visit the local Mining museum and enter a Goldmine. Before we return to Machala we visit the colonial town of Zaruma which is famous in Ecuador for its Cafe.
Day 3 - Machala
Machala - Petrified Forest Puyango - Machala .
The journey to the Petrfied forest of Puyango, on of the larges of its kind in the world takes about 2 hours from Machala. The forest can only be visited on foot.
In the afternoon we return to Machala where you stay overnight.
Day 4 - Guayaquil
Machala - Guayaquil
On the way to Guayaquil we visit the Ecological Reserve (Manglares Churute where we do a short boat ride through the Mangroves.
In the afternoon we continue to Guayaquil where the program ends.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- The best of Ecuador in 15 days
- This 15-day custom tour of Ecuador will give you a great combination of ancient Incan culture and artifacts, Spanish colonial history, and waterfront nightlife and surfing. You will start with Quito, the seat of gouverment and the highest capital city in the world, then go to Cuenca, UNESCO world heritage ...
- Galapagos - Nature & Wildlife At It's Best - Penguins, Iguanas, Black Turtles...
- If you are interested in nature and wildlife, a trip to the Galapagos should most definitely be your next vacation spot! Straddling the equator in the Pacific Ocean, these islands are home to some of the most interesting and accessible wildlife anywhere. You will find yourself inches away from giant ...
- Galapagos Aboard the Coral I & II
- Explore the most significant spots in the Galapagos aboard the first class motor yachts Coral I and Coral II. The unique experience of exploring the islands is combined with gourmet meals, multi-lingual naturalist guides, and well-designed interiors aboard these comfortable touring vessels. The M/Y Coral I offers more space and ...
- Highlands of Ecuador
- Enjoy 11 Days Highlands of Ecuador Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Baltra Island, Cuenca, Galapagos, Galapagos Isles, Guayaquil, Guayaquil, Quito and Riobamba.