St. Petersburg Delux: 7 days
Visit the crown jewel of Russia cities - St. Petersburg- the city of hundreds of bridges and canals and dozens of palaces on this 7-day tour that features great hotels, best sights and more for just $375 per day.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 7 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Visit the crown jewel of Russia cities - St. Petersburg- the city of hundreds of bridges and canals and dozens of palaces on this 7-day tour that features great hotels, best sights and more for just $375 per day.
Day 1 - St. Petersburg
Arrival in St. Petersburg.
You will be met by your tour guide at the airport and taken to your hotel.
After you checking in you can either rest or start exploring the city's street.
Day 2 - St. Petersburg
Peter and Paul Fortress and Hermitage.
After breakfast we will take you to Peter and Paul Fortress, which is one of the most important sights in the city. We will then visit St. Isaac's Cathedral located next to your hotel.
Food and Dining
We have arranged your lunch in "Na Zdorovye" restaurant that features traditional Russian cuisine and decor of a Soviet era.
In the afternoon we will go to Hermitage. Hermitage is the largest collection of Russian art ever assembled and one of the finest collections of world art. It features works by Da Vinchy and Raphael, Rembrandt and Rublev, Hermitage is located in the Winter Palace, which is a museum on its own.
Day 3 - St. Petersburg
Catherine's and Pavel's Palaces.
Catherine Palace is located on the outskirts of St. Petersburg. The Palace was a gift by Peter the Great to his wife Catherine and is known for its legendary Amber Room that was looted during the World War II by Germans and later recovered by the American troops. The Amber Room was reconstructed in 2003.
Food and Dining
You will have lunch in "Podvorye" restaurant which is built to resemble ancient Russian houses. Delicious Russian food will be served with a folk singers. Superb Russian cuisine.
In the afternoon we will visit Pavel's palace.
Day 4 - St. Petersburg
Peterhof ["Peter's Court"- Ger.] was the summer residence of tsars and emperors. Tsar and emperor mean the same thing as every tsar since Peter the Great was also an emperor and vice versa. The word tsar is actually derived from the word ceasar. Peterhof features gorgeous cascade of fountains (140 pieces) and palaces and is considered to be Russian equivalent of Versailles.
Food and Dining
You will have lunch in "The Gallery" cafe situated in the Grand Palace and offering a fabulous view on the Lower Park.
This afternoon we will be visiting the Chinese Palace.
Day 5 - St. Petersburg
Prince Felix Yusupov is famous for planning and carrying out an assassination of Rasputin. Felix lured Rasputin to his palace under the pretext of meeting with Felix's young and beautiful wife. Rasputin was killed shortly after arriving. Russian nobility considered Rasputin to have excess influence of the Emperor and his wife.
Food and Dining
You will have lunch in "Adamant" restaurant located in the heart of the city. This place, popular among Russian aristocrats of 19th century, offers traditional Russian cuisine.
In the afternoon we will be visiting the Church of the Resurrection, known as the "Saviour on the Blood." It is built on the spot where Alexander II was killed in 1881.
Day 6 - St. Petersburg
Return home or continue with a tour of Moscow.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- St. Petersburg by Train from Helsinki - Moderate
- This is an escorted group tour starting from Helsinki. If you would like to experience majestic palaces, exquisite mansions, richly decorated cathedrals and regal ambiance this tour is for you! This group tour enables you to see one of the most magnificent cities in the world in a more economical ...
- St. Petersburg - Golden Ring - Moscow
- This Russian River Cruise starts in St. Petersburg and takes you to Moscow. It is ideal if you prefer to have a tour around St. Petersburg first and save Moscow for later.. St. Petersburg Travel Guide and Trip Planner
- St. Petersburg Delux: 7 days
- Visit the crown jewel of Russia cities - St. Petersburg- the city of hundreds of bridges and canals and dozens of palaces on this 7-day tour that features great hotels, best sights and more for just $375 per day.
- St. Petersburg Classic: 4 days
- The golden shine of cupolas of Russian cathedrals matches the gold of numerous palaces – heritage of ostentatious imperial Russia. But wait, it is not only gilded outside - come inside!