Russian River Cruise: Cruise ship Bunin
The cruise ship Bunin has a long year history of sailing Russian Rivers and you will be pleasantly surprised with the high quality service by the experienced ship´s crew as they have been specially trained to cater to the needs of Western tourists. On every cruise there's a government-licensed guide ...Read Full Description
- Moscow, Russia; St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
- Trip Length:
- 11 days
- Best Time to Go:
- May, June, July, August, September
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
The cruise ship Bunin has a long year history of sailing Russian Rivers and you will be pleasantly surprised with the high quality service by the experienced ship´s crew as they have been specially trained to cater to the needs of Western tourists. On every cruise there's a government-licensed guide who will fill you in on the history, mythology, and art of the ports you visit so you'll go home with more then just a tan- you'll take with you a greater understanding of Russia. The cruise ship was built in 1985 and undergone major reconstruction in 2004. MS Bunin has 131 cabins, 6 Junior Suites and 2 Suites, all air- conditioned with windows, private bath facilities and telephone. Main, Upper and Boat deck cabins have opening windows (Lower deck cabin windows are sealed). The amenities :- Two bars. a dancing hall, beauty salon, sauna, a small souvenir shop and a doctor's office.
Day 1 - St. Petersburg
Arrival to St. Petersburg.
We will pick you up at the airport and take you to the ship.
River or Barge Cruise
Embark ship after which you will have a dinner.
Day 2 - At Sea
City tour of St. Petersburg.
Your timeless journey will take you to the city of St. Petersburg. St. Petersburg is sometimes called the Venice of North and is considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We will devote first day to a visit to St. Isaac's Cathedral and Peter & Paul Fortress.
Day 3 - At Sea
This day will take us to Hermitage Museum - one of the most important museums in the world. Its collection consists of nearly three million art pieces. It is located in the famous Winter Palace - the one that was stormed by Bolsheviks in 1917.
Day 4 - At Sea
As our ship gears towards Moscow, you will have free time to relax and enjoy the scenery. We will make a short stop in a small village of Mandrogi where you will be able to purchase some souvenirs and meet the locals.
Day 5 - At Sea
As you wake up, we will be entering Kizhi island - one of the most beautiful places on the face of our planet. The Amazing Transfiguration Church stands in the middle of the island and boasts its 22 wooden domes constructed without a single nail. The church is on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list.
Day 6 - At Sea
As we continue our journey, we will enter the White Lake and sail via the Volga-Baltic Canal built in 1930s. This canal has played a crucial role in the economic growth of Moscow because it connects Moscow to five seas. In Goritsy, we will visit Kiril-Beloserskiy Men's Monastery founded in 1397.
Day 7 - At Sea
Yaroslavl was considered the center of Russian lands, at least until Mongols burnt it to the ground. The city was rebuilt and then burnt again by the Mongols. This city's refusal to succumb has enabled a tiny town of Moscow located to the north to grow in strength and to "gather Russian lands" and to defeat Mongol invaders.
Day 8 - At Sea
We will arrive to Uglich in the morning and spend the whole day exploring it. We will visit Cathedral of the Resurrection, St. John's Church, Church of St. Dmitry-on-the-Blood.
Day 9 - At Sea
Your cruise arrives to Moscow. When you are ready we will proceed to the heart of Russia on the city tour you will see: the Red Square and New Maiden Convent.
River or Barge Cruise
We will then return to the ship for dinner.
Day 10 - At Sea
We will spend this day inside of the Kremlin. The Kremlin has been home to Russian government for centuries and each new ruler left an architectural mark on the Kremlin. Our professional guides will tell you fascinating stories behind each wall and each cathedral.
Day 11 - Moscow
River or Barge Cruise
After breakfast and disembarkation from ship.
We will arrive to Moscow's international airport and fly home. Time to bid farewell to your new friends after your unforgettable journey through this fascinating land.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Russia and the Baltic (Start Riga)
- Enjoy 15 Days Russia and the Baltic (Start Riga) tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Latvia, Russian Federation, Finland and Sweden. You will start off this tour in Riga where you will see the Powder Tower, Riga Castle and the Doma Cathedral - the largest church in the baltic ...
- Russia and the Baltic (Start Moscow)
- Enjoy 12 Days Russia and the Baltic (Start Moscow) tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Russian Federation, Finland and Sweden. Start off your tour with a guided tour of the Kremlin, a visit Red Square and see Lenin's Mausoleum and St. Basil's domed Cathedral, a travel on the Moscow ...
- Russia and Scandinavia (Start Moscow)
- Enjoy 20 Days Russia and Scandinavia (Start Moscow) tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Russian Federation, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Your tour starts with a guided tour of the Kremlin, a visit to Red Square and to see Lenin's Mausoleum and St. Basil's domed Cathedral in Moscow. Travel ...
- Russia & Scandinavia (Start Riga)
- Enjoy 23 Days Russia & Scandinavia (Start Riga) tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Germany and Poland. This tour starts in Riga where you will see the Powder Tower, Riga Castle and the Doma Cathedral - the largest church in the Baltic states. Then ...