15-day Classic Thailand and Cambodia Tour
This tour combines four of the best areas in Southeast Asia: in Thailand you will visit Bangkok, and the northern area (Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai). In Cambodia you will experience one of the most amazing archaeological ruins in the world in Angkor Wat! Then we will take you on an exciting ...Read Full Description
- Bangkok, Thailand; Chiang Mai, Thailand; Chiang Rai, Thailand; Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Trip Length:
- 15 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
This tour combines four of the best areas in Southeast Asia: in Thailand you will visit Bangkok, and the northern area (Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai). In Cambodia you will experience one of the most amazing archaeological ruins in the world in Angkor Wat! Then we will take you on an exciting river boat past the Floating Village, the Submerged Forest through fascinating rural scenes and then to Phnom Penh. There are many wonderful experiences on this tour: beautiful landscapes, temples, historical buildings, elephant rides and shows, cultural shows with intriguing music, dance and costumes and minority peoples, as well as the incredible Thai food, people and hospitality. The Cambodian experience in Siem Reap/Angkor Wat adds a grandious and majestic ancient historical dimension to your tour. This is a trip full of many adventures!
Day 1 - On the Plane
Today you will fly to Thailand. The adventure begins!
Day 2 - On the Plane
You are in flight.
Day 3 - Bangkok
Welcome to Bangkok.
You will arrive in Bangkok, where your guide will meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
You can rest up from your long journey. Then we will pick you up for dinner and then provide you a complimentary 2-hour Thai Massage or 1-hour traditional Oil Massage. D.
Day 4 - Bangkok
Your guide will pick you up and take you to the Golden Buddha Temple and the Reclining Buddha Temple. After lunch you will go to the incredible Grand Palace with Wat Pra Kaeo.
Traditional Thai dinner with classical dances and traditional performances. B, L, D.
Day 5 - Bangkok
You will leave early in the morning to visit the Floating Market. Here you will ride on the canals through an older Thai river neighborhood and onto the actual Floating Market area. We will take you to lunch at the Rose Garden, where you can enjoy the grounds. Possibly go to the cobra show.
Then we will take you on the late afternoon flight to Chiang Mai.
There your guide will meet you and transfer you to your hotel. B, L.
Day 6 - Chiang Mai
The day begins with a visit to the Doi Suthep, the ancient temple sight. After lunch we will take you to the Handicraft "villages". Visit the Chiang Mai and Tribal Research Center with guide.
The Night Market B, L, D.
Day 7 - Chiang Mai
After breakfast you will visit the Elephant Camp, see the elephant and the cultural show and take a one hour elephant ride, go on a bamboo raft and learn about the noble Asian elephant and the worker monkeys. You will also have the opportunity to visit the Orchid Farm.
Evening: Khantoke dinner with hill tribe dances (spectacular show, dance, music and costumes) B, L, D.
Day 8 - Chiang Rai
After breakfast you will go on an excursion to visit the hill tribe villages where you will meet the Aca, the Hmong, Yao and the Karen.
Food and Dining
Lunch will be at local restaurants along the way.
After you arrive in Chiang Rai you will check into your hotel.
Food and Dining
Dinner will be at a local restaurant in Chiang Mai. B, L, D.
Day 9 - Chiang Rai
Today you will visit the Queen Mother's Home and Garden, Doi Tung. After lunch you will be driven to the Burmese border. Then you will visit the historic Golden Triangle where three countries share a border, Thailand, Laos and Burma (Myanmar). Then you will take a ride on a small river boat to the Burmese side and stop on a small island owned by Laos. B, L, D.
Day 10 - Siem Reap
Today we will transfer you to the airport for your flight back to Bangkok and onto Siem Reap, Cambodia.
There your guide will meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
Day 11 - Siem Reap
The tour begins with Angkor Thom, the ancient capital city. After lunch you will be taken to Angkor Wat, the main temple area.
Dinner and Cambodian cultural show. *B, D.
Day 12 - Siem Reap
Today you will go to Bantay Srei, which is the pink stone temple area. After lunch you will see the Ta Prohm. Then you will return to your hotel. In the late afternoon we will take you to Phnom Bakeng, the hilltop temple, from where you can view the Angkor Wat area at sunset.
If you want, you can ride an elelphant up and down the mound of the temple.
Day 13 - Phnom Penh
River or Barge Cruise
Today you will leave early in the morning on a 5-hour boat cruise from Ton Le Sap (The Great Lake) onto the Mekong River and arriving in Phnom Penh.
There the local guide will meet you and take you to your hotel in Phnom Penh.
During the day you will visit the King's Palace and the National Museum. B, L.
Day 14 - Siem Reap
In the morning we will take you out to the horrific Killing Fields, where the Khmer Rouge committed many of their atrocities. After lunch you will visit the Genocide Museum. The rest of the day is free. B, L.
Day 15 - Siem Reap
Today you will be transferred to the airport for your return flight to the USA with many lifetime memories!
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Photography Workshop in Myanmar - Oct 27-Nov 6, 2011
- Travel to one of the world’s most photogenic places, meet its friendly people and improve your photography skills along the way! This tour combines culture, history, art and architecture with photography workshops and peer reviews. For all levels of photographers who want to develop their skills in a collaborative environment.
- Treasures of Thailand
- Even the most sophisticated travelers long to visit Thailand, with its beautiful beaches and islands, exotic architecture, fascinating culture and ancient ruins. You'll enjoy all of it, from lovely Chiang Mai to frenetic Bangkok, all for an amazingly affordable price, despite the huge fluctuations in exchange rates between the U.S. ...
- A Taste of Thailand
- Even the most sophisticated travelers long to visit Thailand, with its beautiful beaches and islands, fascinating culture, exotic architecture, and ancient ruins. The Taste of Thailand tour showcases some of the highlights of this magnificent country, including the bustling capital city of Bangkok, the ancient city of Ayutthaya, and the ...
- Manohra Song Luxury River Cruise on Chao Phraya River, Bangkok 3 Days / 2 Nights
- You'll experience this majestic journey on the Manohra Song, a 100-year-old former rice barge that's been converted into a deluxe river cruiser featuring four air-conditioned staterooms with queen-size beds, in-suite bathrooms, a large living and dining area with bar, plus a sun-deck lounging area. Once aboard this fantastic vessel, you'll ...