Fresno City College Thailand–Vietnam Study Abroad Tour
This tour combines the best of Thailand and Cambodia to create an unbelievable travel experience. This is a trip full of many adventures!Read Full Description
- Bangkok, Thailand; Hanoi, Vietnam; Singapore, Singapore; Singapore; Thailand
- Trip Length:
- 16 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
This tour combines the best of Thailand and Cambodia to create an unbelievable travel experience. This is a trip full of many adventures!
Day 1 - On the Plane
In the early evening we depart from Fresno for San Francisco International airport (or it could be Los Angeles International) for your late night flight to Bangkok (via Singapore). The adventure begins!
Day 2 - On the Plane
Because we cross the international dateline, we lose a day, but we will regain it when we return. (meals on flight)
Day 3 - Singapore
You will arrive in Singapore early in the morning. You will continue on your flight to Bangkok, Thailand where your guide will meet you and take you to your hotel.
Hotel : Stay at D'MA Pavilion Hotel or Baiyoke Sky Hotel.
Day 4 - Bangkok
This conservative dress day begins with a tour of Wat Po, the Reclining Buddha Temple. This temple features many exciting buildings and the 80-foot long brass Buddha statue. Afterwards we tour the Royal Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo.
River or Barge Cruise
After lunch we take a Chao Praya River cruise with a stop at the Temple of the Sun which is where the 3rd capital of Siam was located (just across the river from Bangkok). B, L.
Day 5 - Bangkok
The morning is free. After the cruise we will visit the Arts University Drama Department to speak with performing artists about the Thai approach to theatre, music, and dance. We will observe classes in session and watch dance demonstrations.B
Evening: We go to the Joe Louis Puppet Theatre where we will be able to go backstage, meet the puppeteers, see the puppets up close, and learn how they are operated. This is a traditional Thai puppetry form which requires three puppeteers per puppet who are thoroughly trained in traditional Thai dance as well as puppetry. After dinner we will enjoy a performance by the company.
We then will explore the nearby Night Market after the show. B, L, D.
Day 6 - Bangkok
Free day in Bangkok.
Day 7 - Bangkok
Thai cooking class. The rest of the day is free. B
Day 8 - Thailand
We leave early to visit Wat Khanon and see over 300 Nang Yai Shadow Puppets, watch a demonstration.
River or Barge Cruise
Then travel on to the Floating Market. Here we will cruise on the canals through a Thai river neighborhood into the Floating Market area. B, L.
Day 9 - Bangkok
Free day B. (suggestion: Visit the National Museum or take a walking tour of China Town)
Day 10 - Bangkok
Free Day (If you want you can go shopping at a Gem Factory, Shopping Center. Etc.)
Day 11 - Hanoi
You will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Hanoi.
There your guide will meet you and transfer you to the hotel. Stay at Hong Gnoc Hotel. The rest of the time is free. B.
Day 12 - Hanoi
There our guide will meet us and take us on a driving tour of old Chinatown, the legendary Hanoi Hilton wall and gate, and other important sites. After lunch we will go for a cyclo-rickshaw tour of the Old Quarter of Hanoi. The ride will end at the the ancient shrine and the oldest University in Hanoi, the Confucius Literature Center (where there is a traditional Vietnamese music performance in the back building).
We will check into our hotel mid-afternoon. The rest of the day if free. B, L.
Day 13 - Hanoi
The day begins early with a visit to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Museum, and the surrounding grounds. We then go to the Museum of Ethnology. This museum not only features the culture, tools and ethnic costumes of the various minorities, but also features full-size buildings from various groups that we may tour. (Pay the camera fee!). In the afternoon you will given a tour of Hanoi to visit the Municipal Theatre, Kim Dong Theatre and the Old French Quarter. B, L
Day 14 - Hanoi
Today we will travel outside of town to visit the stage and temple area where water puppeteers are trained.
We will attend a performance and afterwards tour backstage at the Water Puppets Theatre where we will learn about the mechanics and secrets of this unique form of drama. (Traditionally, the mechanics of Water Puppetry were a well- guarded secret). B.
Day 15 - Hanoi
Today we cruise on some of the most beautiful waters on earth, Halong Bay. We drive north through the Hanoi Delta to Halong harbor. There we board our private ship to cruise through the islands, have lunch, and visit some caves. We stay overnight onboard. (The ship has small, clean, and comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and flush toilets). B, L, D.
Day 16 - Singapore
We return from Halong Bay and drive back to the Hanoi airport for your flight to Singapore.
There you will take the coach transfer to your hotel in Singapore. The rest of the day is free.
Day 17 - Singapore
The day is free in Singapore. Then you will take the late afternoon coach transfer back to the airport for your flight back to Fresno in the USA.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Photography Workshop in Myanmar - Oct 27-Nov 6, 2011
- Travel to one of the world’s most photogenic places, meet its friendly people and improve your photography skills along the way! This tour combines culture, history, art and architecture with photography workshops and peer reviews. For all levels of photographers who want to develop their skills in a collaborative environment.
- Treasures of Thailand
- Even the most sophisticated travelers long to visit Thailand, with its beautiful beaches and islands, exotic architecture, fascinating culture and ancient ruins. You'll enjoy all of it, from lovely Chiang Mai to frenetic Bangkok, all for an amazingly affordable price, despite the huge fluctuations in exchange rates between the U.S. ...
- A Taste of Thailand
- Even the most sophisticated travelers long to visit Thailand, with its beautiful beaches and islands, fascinating culture, exotic architecture, and ancient ruins. The Taste of Thailand tour showcases some of the highlights of this magnificent country, including the bustling capital city of Bangkok, the ancient city of Ayutthaya, and the ...
- Manohra Song Luxury River Cruise on Chao Phraya River, Bangkok 3 Days / 2 Nights
- You'll experience this majestic journey on the Manohra Song, a 100-year-old former rice barge that's been converted into a deluxe river cruiser featuring four air-conditioned staterooms with queen-size beds, in-suite bathrooms, a large living and dining area with bar, plus a sun-deck lounging area. Once aboard this fantastic vessel, you'll ...