Express Thailand Tour - Bangkok & The North
This tour give you the essential sites of Thailand: Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. You will see the King's Palace, Wat Pra Kaeo, the Reclining Buddha, the river cruise and more in Bangkok. Everywhere you go you will experience the wonderful hospitality of the Thai people, delicious Thai foods ...Read Full Description
- Bangkok, Thailand; Chiang Mai, Thailand; Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Trip Length:
- 11 days
- Best Time to Go:
- January, February, May, June, July, August, September, November
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
This tour give you the essential sites of Thailand: Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. You will see the King's Palace, Wat Pra Kaeo, the Reclining Buddha, the river cruise and more in Bangkok. Everywhere you go you will experience the wonderful hospitality of the Thai people, delicious Thai foods and their warm, friendly smiles and service.
Day 1 - On the Plane
Depart USA for Bangkok, Thailand. (Meals on flight)
Day 2 - On the Plane
Cross International Dateline; lose a day. You will regain it on the return trip.
Day 3 - Bangkok
Welcome to Bangkok.
You will arrive in Bangkok where your guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel.
The day is free to relax rest up and prepare for the exciting trip. Enjoy an early dinner follows by a complimentary 2-hour Traditional Thai massage.
Day 4 - Bangkok
The day begins with a trip to the Golden Buddha Temple. Afterwards you will visit the Reclining Buddha Temple. After lunch visit the incredible Grand Palace with Wat Pra Kaeo.
Evening: Traditional Thai Cultural Performance & Dinner.
Day 5 - Bangkok
River or Barge Cruise
Morning visit to the Floating Market. Ride on the canals through an older Thai river neighborhood and onto the market area. Lunch at the Rose Garden, and enjoy the grounds.
Possibly see a cobra show.
Day 6 - Chiang Mai
Bangkok - Chiang Mai.
Morning flight to Chiang Mai.
Where your guide will meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
The day begins with a visit to the Doi Suthep, the ancient temple sight. After lunch we will take you to the Handicraft villages for excellent deals and quality products. Afterwards visit the Tribal Research Center.
Evening Option: The Night Market.
Day 7 - Chiang Mai
Today visit the Elephant Camp, see the elephant and the cultural show, take a one hour elephant ride, go on a bamboo raft and learn about the noble Asian elephant and the worker monkeys. Visit the Orchid Farm.
Day 8 - Chiang Rai
Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai.
Begin with an excursion to visit the hill tribe villages to meet the Aca, the Hmong, Yao and the Karen people.
Food and Dining
Lunch will be at a local restaurant along the way to Chiang Rai.
After you arrive in Chiang Rai, you will check into your hotel.
Food and Dining
Dinner will be at a local restaurant.
Day 9 - Chiang Rai
Visit the Queen Mother's Home and Garden, Doi Tung. The sprawling gardens are spectacular. You can eat lunch in the area and return to the gardens.
Then we will return you to your hotel.
Day 10 - Bangkok
Chiang Rai - Bangkok.
Drive to the Burmese border; see Burmese handicrafts, silver work, jewelry & fabric arts including their incredible trapuntos. Visit the historic Golden Triangle where three countries share a border, Thailand, Laos and Burma. See the small Opium Museum and where two rivers join the three nations. Then take a ride on a small river boat to the Burmese side and stop on a small island owned by Laos.
In the evening fly from Chiang Rai to Bangkok, where your guide will meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
Day 11 - Bangkok
You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home with a lifetime of wonderful memories!
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Photography Workshop in Myanmar - Oct 27-Nov 6, 2011
- Travel to one of the world’s most photogenic places, meet its friendly people and improve your photography skills along the way! This tour combines culture, history, art and architecture with photography workshops and peer reviews. For all levels of photographers who want to develop their skills in a collaborative environment.
- Treasures of Thailand
- Even the most sophisticated travelers long to visit Thailand, with its beautiful beaches and islands, exotic architecture, fascinating culture and ancient ruins. You'll enjoy all of it, from lovely Chiang Mai to frenetic Bangkok, all for an amazingly affordable price, despite the huge fluctuations in exchange rates between the U.S. ...
- A Taste of Thailand
- Even the most sophisticated travelers long to visit Thailand, with its beautiful beaches and islands, fascinating culture, exotic architecture, and ancient ruins. The Taste of Thailand tour showcases some of the highlights of this magnificent country, including the bustling capital city of Bangkok, the ancient city of Ayutthaya, and the ...
- Manohra Song Luxury River Cruise on Chao Phraya River, Bangkok 3 Days / 2 Nights
- You'll experience this majestic journey on the Manohra Song, a 100-year-old former rice barge that's been converted into a deluxe river cruiser featuring four air-conditioned staterooms with queen-size beds, in-suite bathrooms, a large living and dining area with bar, plus a sun-deck lounging area. Once aboard this fantastic vessel, you'll ...