On our ‘Royal Safari’ you will experience a treehotel where you watch the animals come and drink water at the waterhole through the evening and night. Drive on to Mt Kenya Safari Club renowned for its magnificent setting at the foothills of Mt Kenya and used to be a retreat ...Read Full Description
- Kenya; Nairobi, Kenya
- Trip Length:
- 7 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
On our ‘Royal Safari’ you will experience a treehotel where you watch the animals come and drink water at the waterhole through the evening and night. Drive on to Mt Kenya Safari Club renowned for its magnificent setting at the foothills of Mt Kenya and used to be a retreat of the famous movie star – William Holden. Flight from Nanyuki to Masai Mara for the next three nights with game drives in a 4x4 vehicle. Fly to Nairobi on the last day and dayrooms are available in Nairobi before departing.
Day 1 - Nairobi
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport – Nairobi, you will be met and assisted. Transfer to your hotel in Nairobi.
Rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight at Norfolk Hotel.
Day 2 - Kenya
After breakfast, drive north through the banana, pineapple, coffee and tea plantation to arrive at your base hotel- Aberdares Country Club for lunch. Carry an overnight bag and leave the rest of the luggage in the storage facility provided by the base hotel.
Transfer in the lodge vehicle to your overnight game viewing treehotel, set in the heart of the Aberdare National Park which overlooks a floodlit waterhole and salt lick which attracts a host of wildlife. Game viewing is from one of the balconies or lounges.
Dinner and overnight at The Ark.
Day 3 - Kenya
Private Car Service
Return to the base hotel after breakfast and pick the rest of your luggage.
Proceed north to the lower slopes of Mount Kenya, to the famous Mount Kenya Safari Club. The club straddles the equator in a glory of luxurious cottages and elegant buildings set amid manicured lawns and decorative ponds.
Lunch, dinner and overnight at Mount Kenya Safari Club.
Day 4 - Kenya
After breakfast transfer to Nanyuki Airstrip to catch your scheduled flight to Masai Mara. This northern extension to the famous Serengeti National Park is witnessed each year to the awe-inspiring wildebeest migration.
Transfer to your camp situated in Ol-Choro Oiroua Cosnervation Area, bordering the Masai Mara Game Reserve, at the foot of the Aitong Hills, surrounded on three sides by the Mara River.
Stay at Mara Safari Club. Lunch, dinner.
Day 5-6 - Kenya
Morning and afternoon game drives in this spectacular game reserve, all with superb photographic opportunities. Blessed with a permanent water supply, Masai Mara has a permanent population of plains game. The “big five” – elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard and rhino are quite common.
Today you may opt for an early morning balloon excursion to experience the panoramic Mara from a birds-eye view (optional and not included in the price).
Lunch, dinner and overnight at Mara Safari Club.
Day 7 - Kenya
Breakfast at your lodge. Transfer to the airstrip to catch your scheduled flight to Nairobi.
Transfer to Norfolk Hotel where you have dayrooms.
Food and Dining
Farewell dinner at the famous Carnivore Restaurant.
Transfer to JKI Airport to catch your onward flight.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari
- To Africa Tours and Safaris is delighted to bring you a superb value set departure 4x4 safari our new 7 nights / 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari. This 4x4 safari is in a new land cruiser with pop up roof and with a silver qualified guide. It is fantastic value ...
- 8 Day Cheetah Safari
- For those looking for a slightly longer tour, which takes in the arid beauty of Samburu, the historic Afro-Alpine scenery of the Aberdare National Park, the glorious and world-renowned Masai Mara Reserve and the flamingos and rhinos of Lake Nakuru, this road safari makes the ideal choice. Featuring traditional safari ...
- 16 Day Game & Gorillas
- This is the ultimate safari for wildlife lovers! Staying in very comfortable lodges, we visit the major parks of Kenya & Tanzania including Lake Nakuru and the Masai Mara in Kenya and Lake Victoria, the Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Taragire in Tanzania. We then head out to Rwanda and the Parc ...
- 15 Day East Africa Romance Safari
- A great private safari for two with a combination of East Africa's parks and the wonderful warm and sunny beaches of the Spice Island of Zanzibar. This cross-border safari includes Lake Nakuru and the Masai Mara National Parks before crossing the border with a visit to the shores of Africa's ...