Experience wild open vistas, abundant wildlife and pristine wilderness. Our popular classic style safari featuring renowned game parks with best game-viewing. An African safari combining lodge stays with luxurious tented camp. Starting with a unique treehotel experience, drive north to Shaba (3 adjoining reserves, Samburu, Shaba and Buffalo Springs), home ...Read Full Description
- Kenya; Nairobi, Kenya; Samburu, Kenya
- Trip Length:
- 8 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Experience wild open vistas, abundant wildlife and pristine wilderness. Our popular classic style safari featuring renowned game parks with best game-viewing. An African safari combining lodge stays with luxurious tented camp. Starting with a unique treehotel experience, drive north to Shaba (3 adjoining reserves, Samburu, Shaba and Buffalo Springs), home to wildlife species rarely found elsewhere, including Grevy's zebra, gerenuk gazelle, oryx, reticulated giraffe and the somali ostrich. Continue to Lake Nakuru National Park and end the safari in the legendary Masai Mara that support an enormous amount of plains game and their predators creating a wildlife spectacle unrivalled anywhere in the world.
Day 1 - Nairobi
Welcome to Nairobi.
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport – Nairobi, you will be welcomed by a representative and assisted for your transfer to your hotel in Nairobi. Rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight at Hotel Intercontinental.
Day 2 - Kenya
Drive north through the banana, pineapple, coffee and tea plantation to arrive at your base hotel - Outspan Hotel, in time for lunch. Transfer in the lodge vehicle to your overnight game viewing treehotel, to watch wildlife drinking at the floodlit waterhole.
Overnight at Serena Mountain Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 3 - Samburu
Return to the base hotel after breakfast. Drive to Kenya’s rugged north eastern region, arriving at your lodge around noon. Afternoon game drive to see Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, reticulated giraffe, elephant and other game.
Overnight at Sarova Shaba Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 4 - Samburu
After breakfast depart for a morning and afternoon game drive to explore this arid wilderness and photograph its teeming wildlife.
Overnight at Sarova Shaba Lodge (B,L,D).
Day 5 - Kenya
Drive via Nyaururu Falls down the eastern escarpment of the magnificent Rift Valley to Lake Nakuru National Park best known for its flamingos. It is a home to many animals including waterbuck, leopards and Rothschild giraffe. The park is also a sanctuary for black rhinos. Afternoon game drive.
Overnight at Lion Hill Lodge. (B, L, D).
Day 6 - Kenya
Masai Mara .
After breakfast traverse the Rift Valley and ascend its western rim into the Masai land. Red-clad, with spear Masai warriors tend their herds of cattle among the wildlife, admirably unmoved by the presence of large predators. You find the Masai giraffe in this park. Afternoon game drive in the Mara, famous for the Wildebeest and Zebra migration and its abundance of wildlife.
Overnight at Siana Springs Intrepids Camp (B,L,D).
Day 7 - Kenya
Morning and afternoon game drives in this spectacular game reserve, all with superb photographic opportunities. Blessed with a permanent water supply, Masai Mara has a permanent population of plains game. The “big five” – elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard and rhino are quite common.
Today you may opt for an early morning balloon excursion to experience the panoramic Mara from a birds-eye view (optional and not included in the price).
Overnight at Siana Springs Intrepids Camp (B,L,D) .
Day 8 - Nairobi
Depart for Nairobi to catch your onward flight.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari
- To Africa Tours and Safaris is delighted to bring you a superb value set departure 4x4 safari our new 7 nights / 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari. This 4x4 safari is in a new land cruiser with pop up roof and with a silver qualified guide. It is fantastic value ...
- 8 Day Cheetah Safari
- For those looking for a slightly longer tour, which takes in the arid beauty of Samburu, the historic Afro-Alpine scenery of the Aberdare National Park, the glorious and world-renowned Masai Mara Reserve and the flamingos and rhinos of Lake Nakuru, this road safari makes the ideal choice. Featuring traditional safari ...
- 16 Day Game & Gorillas
- This is the ultimate safari for wildlife lovers! Staying in very comfortable lodges, we visit the major parks of Kenya & Tanzania including Lake Nakuru and the Masai Mara in Kenya and Lake Victoria, the Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Taragire in Tanzania. We then head out to Rwanda and the Parc ...
- 15 Day East Africa Romance Safari
- A great private safari for two with a combination of East Africa's parks and the wonderful warm and sunny beaches of the Spice Island of Zanzibar. This cross-border safari includes Lake Nakuru and the Masai Mara National Parks before crossing the border with a visit to the shores of Africa's ...