Alaska! The I want to see it all Land and Sea Tour and Cruise
Romantic Getaway; Honeymoon; Couples; Alaska; Cruise; Inside Passage; Family Friendly; Cruising; Luxury; Royal Caribbean Cruise Line; Anchorage; Seniors; Vancouver; Juneau; skagway; Denali National Park; Glacier Bay; Fairbanks; Talkeetna; Wilderness Experss Train; Icy Straight; Dog Sledding; Radiance of the Seas; anniverary;
Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas 12 Night Inland Tour and Cruise visiting Anchorage, Denali, Talkeetna, Fairbanks, Seward, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Straight Point, Ketchikan, and cruising the Hubbard Glacier.Read Full Description
- Anchorage, Alaska, United States; Denali National Park, Alaska, United States; Fairbanks, Alaska, United States; Juneau, Alaska, United States; Ketchikan, Alaska, United States; Skagway, Alaska, United States; Talkeetna, Alaska, United States; Vancouver, Canada
- Trip Length:
- 12 days
- Price Range:
- From $3387 to $3387 (Group Rate. Additional cabins are available at current market price) per person See what this includes and what this excludes
- Best Time to Go:
Aug 16, 2009 to Aug 28, 2009
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Honeymoon, Reunion
Detailed Trip Description
Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas 12 Night Inland Tour and Cruise visiting Anchorage, Denali, Talkeetna, Fairbanks, Seward, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Straight Point, Ketchikan, and cruising the Hubbard Glacier.
Day 1 - Anchorage
Your RCCL specialist will greet you and get you settled into your hotel for a relaxing overnight stay.
Welcome to Alaska! Arrive in Anchorage, catch the RCCL transport to your hotel.
Day 2 - Anchorage
Travel to Talkeenta
There's no better way to begin our tour of Alaska than from our glass-domed traincars on the Wilderness Express,* as you travel to the quaint town of Talkeetna. Your afternoon is free for optional activities, such as Mt. McKinley flightseeing. Have a nightcap by the fireplace before turning in at the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.
Day 3 - Talkeetna
Enjoy the nature trails surrounding the lodge before departing on the Wilderness Express* to Denali. The rest of the day is yours to explore - white-water rafting anyone? Overnight in Denali.
Day 4 - Denali National Park
In the morning, tour deep into Denali National Park, Denali's main attration, on a Tundra Wilderness Tour. Your afternoon is open for optional activities, such as helicopter flightseeing. Spend a second night in Denali.
Day 5 - Fairbanks
Travel by deluxe motorcoach on a scenic journey to Fairbanks. Enjoy a city tour of Fairbanks followed by a cruise on the Riverboat Discovery Sternwheeler and visit an Athabascan Indian village. Overnight in Fairbanks.
Day 6 - Anchorage
In the morning, you'll take a flight to Anchorage. Then relax on a deluxe motorcoach ride to Seward, where you'll board Radiance of the Seas to begin your cruise adventure.
Day 8 -
Hubbard Glacier is a tidewater glacier in the U.S. state of Alaska and the Yukon Territory of Canada. From its source in the Yukon, the glacier stretches 122 km (76 mi) to the sea at Yakutat Bay and Disenchantment Bay. It is the longest tidewater glacier in Alaska, with an open calving face over ten kilometers (6 mi) wide.
Day 9 - Juneau
Adventures for everyone wait in Juneau. For those seeking wildlife, viewing of whales, brown bear and eagles can be just minutes away. A variety of wildlife tours can get you up close to black bear, Dall porpoise, sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters, mountain goats and Sitka Black Tail Deer.
For visitors seeking the grandeur of Alaska's glaciers, giant bergs and flowing rivers of ice are found in and around Juneau. Juneau is home to magnificent Mendenhall Glacier located just 13 miles from downtown. Juneau is also the sending off point to Glacier Bay National Park and Tracy Arm Fjord.
For outdoor adventure Juneau is home to over 100 miles of groomed hiking trail that brings the temperate rainforest up close to hikers. The protected waterways in Southeast Alaska provide excellent sea kayaking into areas rich with wildlife. Rafting the Mendenhall River also provides adventurer for of any age.
Experience the flight of a lifetime in a small plane or helicopter. Fixed wing aircraft offer spectacular views from above and landings at remote lodges. Helicopters offer glacier landings where visitors can actually walk on a glacier, go dog sledding on the Juneau Icefield or after being outfitted with crampons and ice axes, hike the glaciers.
Our adventures keep visitors fascinated year round. Winter in Juneau is magic.
Day 10 - Skagway
Join us in celebrating our Gold Rush past as we begin our second century, being the gateway to the Klondike. Spend some time in our historical city, visit the surrounding wilderness areas or take in some of our events!
A place exists in Alaska where the past lives on, where the cries of "gold in the Yukon" still echo from steep canyon walls, where the sounds of barroom pianos and boomtown crowds ring out in the night. A place where the romance and excitement of yesteryear linger around every street corner, every bend in the trail. That place is Skagway!
Day 10 -
Welcome to Icy Strait Point
Located down the road from Alaska's largest Tlingit village is Icy Strait Point -- the Real Alaskan experience! Explore the wildlife and culture of Hoonah, Alaska with our informative sight-seeing tours, or ride the longest ZipRider™ in the world. Enjoy leisurely shopping and delectable foods as you experience a true Alaskan adventure!
Day 11 - Ketchikan
Ketchikan is five hundred miles north of Seattle, is Alaska's "first city," and as the first port of call for many cruise ships, its historic downtown, wedged between water and forested mountains, becomes saturated in summer with elderly tourists. Beyond the souvenir shopping it can be a delight, built into steep hills and partly propped on wooden pilings, with boardwalks, wooden staircases and totem poles dotted throughout. By 1886, white settlers had opened the first of dozens of canneries in what was soon to be the "salmon capital of the world."
Day 12 -
Cruising through the Inside Passage is really what has made Alaska cruising so popular. This trip captures so much of what people love about Alaska. There are glaciers the size of Rhode Island. Misty rain forests and ghostly blue fjords. And spirited communities that celebrate their varied heritage. Be sure to take in every view as you sail through one of the most beautiful parts of Alaska
Day 13 - Vancouver
All to soon, our Alaskan Cruise Tour comes to an end as we wave goodby to our new friends and the lovely Radiance of the Seas and venture out to the stunning city of Vancouver.
Post cruise stay and tours also available. Please see Teri for details at Blue Moon Travel. www.BlueMoonTx.com
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Magical 8 Day Alaska Tour
- Experience the pristine wilderness, dramatic glaciers and enchanting communities that make up majestic Alaska. From the abundant wildlife at the Kenai Fjords National Park, you’ll get the chance to meet champion Iditarod dogs, visit indigenous villages and explore Anchorage, Alaska’s largest city. Discover the scenic beauty and delightful towns of ...
- Alaska Cruise Specialist
- Sunday had come and we were on our way on the ferry to Seattle and the ship. The ship went out of Pier 91, a brand new pier that opened up the middle of April. The view from the second floor was awesome! We boarded the ship, went to our ...
- Harley Davidson Alaska Adventure
- 7-Night Harley-Davidson Guided Bike Tour with 7-Night Inside Passage Cruise. They call Alaska "The Great Land." And to do it justice requires an adventure to match. Encounter a world larger than life, with a ride that takes you deep into Alaska's interior where natural wonders abound combined with a relaxing ...
- Alaska! The I want to see it all Land and Sea Tour and Cruise
- Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas 12 Night Inland Tour and Cruise visiting Anchorage, Denali, Talkeetna, Fairbanks, Seward, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Straight Point, Ketchikan, and cruising the Hubbard Glacier.