Cambodia Heritage 5 Days / 4 Nights
Visit one of the most stunning sites in the World: the ancient temples of Angkor. Spend four days exploring this beauty and grandeur of this UNESCO world heritage treasure. Head to Phomh Pehn, the capital, and enjoy the colonial charm of this former pearl of Asia. Wander wide, tree-lined boulevards ...Read Full Description
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Trip Length:
- 5 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Summer Vacation
Detailed Trip Description
Visit one of the most stunning sites in the World: the ancient temples of Angkor. Spend four days exploring this beauty and grandeur of this UNESCO world heritage treasure. Head to Phomh Pehn, the capital, and enjoy the colonial charm of this former pearl of Asia. Wander wide, tree-lined boulevards past colonial buildings. Visit palaces and temples and marketplaces along with solemn memorials to Cambodia's traumatic history. ##Note: The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people traveling together during high season and sharing a twin or double room.
Day 1 - Phnom Penh
Arrive in Phnom Penh and transfer to hotel. This city was once considered one of the most beautiful in the Orient, and despite its recent turbulent history it still retains a colonial charm. A city tour includes the National Museum, the Silver Pagoda, the Royal Palace and Wat Phnom.
Overnight in Phnom Penh.
Day 2 - Siem Reap
A short morning flight takes you to Siem Reap, the base for exploring the fabled temples of Angkor and the ancient capital of the Khmer empire. After freshening up, travel through the countryside to the 9th century temples of Rolous.
This afternoon, wander through the galleries of Angkor Wat and gaze at the elaborate bas-relief carvings of this 12th century wonder. As evening approaches, take a seat outside and watch the sun set over Angkor Wat.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 3 - Siem Reap
Enjoy a full day of temple touring, from the evocative smiling faces of Bayon to the stunning carvings along the massive wall of the Terrace of the Elephants. Visit the jungle-enclosed Ta Phrom, a temple so unique that it has been featured in Hollywood movies. Finish your day with a climb up to the top of Phnom Bakheng to enjoy the sunset.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 4 - Siem Reap
This morning you'll delve into the forest on a visit to Banteay Srei, an elaborately carved pink sandstone temple known as the citadel of women, and continue on to Kbal Spean. Here, water rushes over ancient stone lingas that were carved directly out of the river bed and whose origin still baffles archiologists. More fascinating discoveries await this afternoon as you tour the 'Grand Circuit' temples.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 5 - Siem Reap
Board a boat on the Tonle Sap river to explore the sunken forests and floating houses of the fisherman's village as you motor along Asia's largest freshwater lake. Or, visit the workshops of Aritisan's D'Angkor where you can observe local artisans learning traditional crafts which are then sold at their boutique. Shop for one to take home as a unique reminder of your time in Cambodia. After lunch, transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Cambodia's Shrines and Shores 10 Days / 9 Nights
- Cambodia has gained great acclaim among tourists who wish to visit a place rich in ancient history and amazing temple architecture. Angkor Park near Siem Reap is home to over 100 such temples, most of which date back to a period covering the 9th to 13th centuries. Angkor Wat, Angkor ...
- Cambodia Heritage 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Visit one of the most stunning sites in the World: the ancient temples of Angkor. Spend four days exploring this beauty and grandeur of this UNESCO world heritage treasure. Head to Phomh Pehn, the capital, and enjoy the colonial charm of this former pearl of Asia. Wander wide, tree-lined boulevards ...
- Cambodia In Depth
- Visit the spectacular ancient temples of Angkor. Built in the golden age of the Khmer Empire, most visitors agree that Angkor is one of the world's most beautiful sights. The jungle has reclaimed the scattered temples to create magical unions of stone and nature. Allow yourself four days to fully ...
- Angkor Discovery 4 Days / 3 Nights
- The Angkor Discovery tour has been specifically tailored to let you witness this country's unique cultural heritage in a leisurely and comfortable fashion that ensures nothing of interest is missed. In the space of four days, you will get to see Cambodia's most spectacular historical sights whilst staying in the ...