Chacan, Lanlacuyoc and Cusiyuchayoc Tour (Full Day)
During your free day or extra day, to your treks to Inca Trail or Cordillera Blanca, or to your tour to Chacan, Lanlacuyoc and Cusiyuchayoc. Do not miss this once-in-a-life-time experiences!Read Full Description
- Cusco, Peru
- Trip Length:
- 1 day
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat
Detailed Trip Description
During your free day or extra day, to your treks to Inca Trail or Cordillera Blanca, or to your tour to Chacan, Lanlacuyoc and Cusiyuchayoc. Do not miss this once-in-a-life-time experiences!
Day 1 - Cusco
Our group will depart from the Plaza de Armas, to begin the hike up through a eucalyptus forest beside the Saphy River. After an hour and a half hike the Chacan cave is in view. “The Temple of the Rainbow”, called so because of the small waterfall inside the cave, which reflects rainbow rings off the winter sun’s rays. We can bathe under the waterfalls and be surrounded by the rainbows; it is an incredible feeling both refreshing and spiritual.
Chacan is a beautiful quiet setting, unknown by other tourists, as are the next destinations: Cusiyuchayoc, commonly known as the “Zona X”, which is one hour away from Chacan. This is one of the most enigmatic places of Cusco. Are these tunnels natural, pre-Inca or Inca structures under the earth’s surface? Our guide will take you through these subterranean passages during the early afternoon where we will be able to observe the incredible illumination created between each passageway.
The tour continues to the “Temple of the Moon”, a natural rock structure that has a man-made altar inside one of its passageways on which the full moon shines at certain times of year. Until this day the shamans and spiritual groups from all corners of the world gather in this place on a full moon to receive its energy. Even during the afternoon we can appreciate the Temple, as an interesting natural structure.
For those of us who need a bit of peace and quiet, away from the bustling Cusco, this is a great way to spend our day! (L)
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Highlights of Peru and Ecuador
- If we had to pick two absolutely "must see" destinations in South America they would undoubtedly be the incredible Incan ruins of Machu Picchu and the naturalist's paradise of the Galapagos Islands. For this incredible itinerary we've added an unexpected twist; a visit to the Ecuadorian Amazon for three days ...
- Mystical Peru Journey
- Individual trips anytime, exploring Machu Picchu, Cuzco and Sacred Valley
- 9 Days in Peru
- Live the legends of the Inca among the patchwork green, red and gold fields where their descendants still thrive. Raft a twisting river in the shadow of surreal peaks. Wind through Andean mountains, discovering impossible stone creations like Machu Picchu – the mysterious city in the clouds. This trip is ...
- Cusco - Sacred Valley- Machu Picchu - Cusco
- See ruins such as Sacsayhuaman, Quenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay. Enjoy full day excursion including lunch in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Full day excursion in Machu Picchu. Full day excursion to the Fortress of Ollantaytambo and the Salt Beds of Maras as well as the archaeological rests of ...