Classic Heritage Bike Tour
Traveling that engages and delights all of your senses. That's what a bicycle is all about. When traveling with us you will explore a locale at an intimate pace — ours is a vacation and not a race. Our bike tours offer choices for all levels of enthusiasts from those ...Read Full Description
- Bhopal, India; Madhya Pradesh, India
- Trip Length:
- 6 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Traveling that engages and delights all of your senses. That's what a bicycle is all about. When traveling with us you will explore a locale at an intimate pace — ours is a vacation and not a race. Our bike tours offer choices for all levels of enthusiasts from those preferring a relaxed approach to those seeking more of a challenge. Enjoy each day at your own pace and then savor the good life each evening.
Day 1 - Bhopal
Bhopal - The city of lakes.
Private Car Service
You arrive at the Bhopal airport/railway station where you will meet assistance that will help you to get transferred to the hotel. A group get-together is arranged in the evening for introduction followed by site seen in Bhopal.
Familiarize yourself with the bike that you will be riding for next few days of your trip.
Stay at Palash Residency (MPT) Or Hotel Lake View Ashok (MPT) Or Hotel Pleasure inn Or Hotel Sudershan palace Or Hotel Land Mark.
Day 2 - Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal - Raisen (Fort) - Sanchi.
Leaving Bhopal after breakfast to visit Raisen Fort. Raisen Fort is huge and colorful hilltop fort built around 1200 A.D. This ruined edifice is of great historical and architectural interest. The fort consists of temples, cannons, three palaces, 40 wells and a large tank.
After lunch it is back on the bikes for the rest of our leisurely bike ride to Sanchi. The route takes you along sparsely trafficked roads through villages where tourists are a rare sight. Our ride will end at Sanchi where you will be spending next two nights. The Biking - A 62 km ride, mostly flat through rural landscapes, with one hill before Raisen Fort.
Stay at Gateway Retreat (MPT).
Day 3 - Madhya Pradesh
Sanchi & Udaigiri caves.
This morning we will be visiting the Sanchi Stupas. Make sure you have enough film roles for the camera and the batteries of your digital cameras are fully charged, as you are about to witness a mesmerizing piece of Buddhist art.
After lunch we will start our bike ride to visit Udaigiri caves.
Udaigiri caves are rock-cut cave shrines, dating from 320-600 A.D. This bike ride will take us through the town of Vidisha and some beautiful rural settings. We will come back to Sanchi in the evening. You may opt to spend the evening strolling through the quiet streets of the historical town of Sanchi. The Biking - A 50 km ride, mostly flat through rural landscapes with some short hills.
Day 4 - Bhopal
Bhopal – The city of Lakes.
After breakfast, we will start our bike journey towards Bhopal. The Biking - A 42 km ride, mostly flat through rural landscapes and small towns on the way.
Food and Dining
On the way we will stop for lunch.
This evening you will be spending time sight seeing the Bhopal city.
Day 5 - Madhya Pradesh
Bhojpur temple & Bhimbetka.
This morning we set off on our last beautiful bike ride to witness another world heritage site at Bhimbetka. The Bhimbetka rock shelters exhibit the earliest traces of human life in India; its Stone Age rock paintings are approximately 9,000 years old, making them among the worlds oldest. The Biking - A 46 km ride (one-way), mostly flat through rural landscapes and fields.
On the way, we will stop over at Bhojpur to see the remains of magnificent Shiva Temple and Cyclopean dam dated 1010-53 A.D. The tiny village of Bhojpur is situated on the bank of river Betwa.
Private Car Service
We will return to Bhopal on the same day. You can return either by bike or in the luxury of our support vehicle.
Day 6 - Bhopal
Departure from Bhopal.
Private Car Service
Trip concluded on this day. You will be checking out from the hotel and transferred to the airport or the railway station for onward journey.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Ultimate Indian Culture and Wildlife Itinerary
- From the hustle and bustle modern cities of Mumbai and Delhi to the slow-paced river systems of the Kerala backwaters; from an elephant-backed Bengal Tiger safari in one of India's most beautiful natural parks to the ethereal beauty of Agra. We have put together an itinerary that focuses on some ...
- Taj and Tigers
- You will visit Delhi, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Bharatpur, Agra, Jabalpur, Pench, Kanha and Bandhavgarh during this trip. You will see many places including The Red Fort, Jama Masjid, The silver street of Chandni Chowk, Raj Ghat, Birla Mandir, The India Gate, The Rashtrapati Bhawan, Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar, The Bahai Temple, ...
- Tiger's Trail
- You will visit Delhi, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Bandhavgarh, Kanha, Agra, Ranthambore and Jaipur during this trip. You will see many places including The Red Fort, Jama Masjid, The silver street of Chandni Chowk, Raj Ghat, Birla Mandir, The India Gate, The Rashtrapati Bhawan, Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar, The Bahai Temple, The ...
- Pachmarhi Luxury Package
- A perfect destination for those looking for either rest and relaxation or perhaps something a little more active. Rejuvenate your spirit and gain insight into the untamed landscapes of this magical land called Pachmarhi.