Guided 12-Day Tour of Europe
This wonderful trip will share the best of Europe with you and your family as you discover London to Rome in a fully guided vacation.Read Full Description
- Florence, Italy; London, United Kingdom; Lucerne, Switzerland; Milan, Italy; New York, New York, United States; Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Trip Length:
- 12 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (25 - 29)
Group Retreat, Romantic Getaway, Summer Vacation
Detailed Trip Description
This wonderful trip will share the best of Europe with you and your family as you discover London to Rome in a fully guided vacation.
Day 1 - New York
Overnight Flight to London
Depart USA for overnight flight to London
Day 2 - London
After checking into your hotel, the rest of your day is leisure time or you can start exploring the English capital. At 6 P.M. meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a European welcome dinner.
Hotel: Mercure Hotel or equivalent First class (Dinner)
Day 3 - London
London Sightseeing & Leisure
With an expert local English guide, your city sightseeing tour features all the famous sites including Tower of London, the Palace of Westminster, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace. Afterwards free time to visit some of the city's great museums or take an excursion out of town. (Buffet Breakfast)
Day 4 - Paris
London - Paris
Greetings from your Tour Director as you head to Flokestone for your "Eurotunnel Shuttle" (An exciting under the sea channel crossing train) to Calais in France. You will drive across the Somme Battlefields to Paris, Europe's most romantic city. Later, enjoy a Paris Dinner with wine.
Hotel: Novotel Hotel or equivalent First class (Buffet Breakfast,Dinner)
Day 5 - Paris
Paris Sightseeing & Leisure
A sightseeing tour will take you to the Champs Elysées, the Arc de Triomphe, the tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Opera House, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral. Later you may wish to visit the Louvre Museum (Optional) and check out the inverted glass pyramid made famous by the Da Vinci Code. That night, don't miss the opportunity to take in a Parisian Cabaret! (Breakfast Buffet)
Day 6 - Lucerne
Paris - Lucerne (Switzerland)
An early start as you drive through the Auxerrois and Burgundy vineyards. After passing the remains of the Maginot Line at Belfort you will reach the Swiss border at Basel and continue to lakeside Lucerne, where an orientation tour shows you the wooden covered Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument. After dinner at your hotel, perhaps enjoy a walk along the banks of the River Reuss.
Hotel: Hotel Astoria or equivalent First class (Breakfast Buffet, Dinner)
Day 7 - Milan
Lucerne - Milan
An easy drive takes you to the commercial capital of Italy-Milan. Afternoon sightseeing with your Local Guide starts in the pedestrian area with a visit to the magnificent GOTHIC DUOMO. Continue through the glass-domed GALLERIA to the famous Scala Opera house, then a short walk to the imposing SFORZESCO CASTLE.
Hotel: Novotel Hotel or equivalent First class (Breakfast Buffet)
Day 8 - Venice
Milan - Verona - Venice
You head east to the home of Shakespeare's star-crossed lovers, Verona. You stop to admire the Roman Arena and Juliet's balcony. Later, you will continue your drive en route to magical Venice.
Hotel: Acadamia Palace Hotel or equivalent First class (Breakfast Buffet)
Day 9 - Florence
Venice - Florence
Enjoy an excellent introduction by private launch as you cruise along the Giudecca Canal to see St. Mark's Basilica, the Doges' Palace and Bridge of Sighs. A short stroll will bring you to one of the oldest Murano glass workshops, where you will witness a demonstration of the ancient craft of glass-blowing. Then there's time on your own. Why not experience a relaxing gondola ride or simply sip a 'cappuccino' in St. Mark's Square, the most beautiful outdoor drawing room in Europe! An Afternoon scenic drive takes you along the Autostrada del Sole and over the Apennine Mountains into Florence,Tuscany.
Hotel: Hotel I Ciliegi or equivalent First class (Breakfast Buffet)
Day 10 - Florence
Florence - Rome
Today's sightseeing tour on foot shows you the Cathedral, the Baptistery with its beautifully carved bronze doors and Signoria Square. Then enjoy some leisure time before heading to Rome. That night, why not try some Roman cuisine and explore this beautiful city?
Hotel: Park Hotel or equivalent First class (Breakfast Buffet)
Day 11 - Rome
Rome Sightseeing & Leisure
Sightseeing will start in the morning with a local expert, which will include a visit to the world's largest Basilica, St Peter's, allegedly built at the site where the beloved saint met his death. You will also see Piazza Venezia and take time to photograph the Victor Emmanuel Monument and the 15th century Palazzo Venezia before continuing along the 'Sacred Way' to see the Roman Forum, and of course the breathtaking Colosseum. (Breakfast Buffet)
Day 12 - Rome
Your homebound flight arrives in USA the same day. (Breakfast Buffet)
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- European Family Discovery 13 days from London to Munich
- Start this amazing family vacation with a welcome dinner, then discover London on a traditional London double-decker bus. See the major sites like Big Ben beside the River Thames, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace. Enjoy a “flight” on the London Eye, the world’s tallest observation wheel with stunning views of ...
- Great Britain: Gardens, Golf & Pubs - RHS Garden Holidays
- On this 9 Day tour we will take a voyage of discovery that takes you from the excitement of London...to the history of York...to the pageantry of Edinburgh...all with an eye on Britain's stately gardens. Along the way we can get in a round of golf or go to the ...
- PARIS, LOIRE VALLEY & CHAMPAGNE
- You will be wined and dined at the finest French hideaway restaurants. Stay in an authentic 15th century château. Stare in awe at the majesty of the magnificent châteaux built by France's royalty from medieval times to the Renaissance days of splendor. Relax in quaint cafés looking out onto 10th ...
- Culinary Adventures in Italy!
- Experience Florence with your senses as you take in the flavors and pleasures of the most romantic city on Earth!