5-day Mt Huangshan Exploration - Beijing or Shanghai
Huangshan, the mountain of dreams, has long been a well-known destination for scholars, poets and the occasional recluse, all seeking personal inspiration and enlightenment -- when you visit you will easily appreciate why.Read Full Description
- Trip Length:
- 5 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Huangshan, the mountain of dreams, has long been a well-known destination for scholars, poets and the occasional recluse, all seeking personal inspiration and enlightenment -- when you visit you will easily appreciate why.
Day 1 - Beijing
Meet at Beijing (Shanghai) railway station.
Our English-speaking representative will hold a signboard with the logo of our company and your names to meet you. Copy of the signboard will be sent to you for recognition before your departure.
Meeting time: 10:30 - 11:00 (Beijing station) 21:20 - 21:50 (Shanghai station)
Our English-speaking representative will assist you with boarding the train and finding your bed.
Stay overnight onboard the train.
Day 2 - Huangyan
Arrive in Tunxi station at 7:33am(from Beijing) or 10:00am(from Shanghai).
Private Car Service
Your local English-speaking guide will meet you at the station and transfer you to your hotel for a short break.
After Lunch, take a scenic ride to the mountain. Take cable car up to Baie Ridge and hike all the way to the Beihai scenic area. Enjoy the fantastic views on the way. Stay overnight at Beihai Hotel or similar. (L/D)
Day 3 - Huangyan
Explore the mountain: Lion Peak,Flying Rock, Brightness Peak.
Get up early this morning to view the sunrise above the eternal sea of clouds and pine tree-studded peaks. Continue to explore the mountain: Lion Peak,Flying Rock, Brightness Peak. Stay overnight at Beihai Hotel or similar (B/L/D)
Day 4 - Tunxi
Today we will descend by foot down the western side of the mountain.
Today we will descend by foot down the western side of the mountain. This side is a lot steeper and will take about 6 hours while the scenery is absolutely incomparable. Although the scenery serves as a good distraction, do not be too distracted and lose your footings.
Transfer to Tunxi. Stroll leisurely on the Ancient Street which is lined on both sides with old shops in unique Huizhou architectural style. Stay at Huashan Hotel or similar (B/L/D)
Day 5 - Shanghai
Day trip to Yixian County.
Day trip to Yixian County. Not far from Huangshan, there are two interesting villages worth visiting-Hong Village and Xidi Village. The scenery and villages are so inspiring that many young artists rent rooms and extend their stay.
After dinner transfer to the railway station. (B/L/D)
Huangshan -- Shanghai by N420 (21:44-10:44+1).
The Huangshan -- Beijing train departs at 9:21am and arrives at 5:07 next morning. We suggest you take train to Shanghai (ETA 10:44 on Day 6) and continue to take flight back to Beijing by MU5111(13:00-15:25) or have a half day city tour in Shanghai and take overnight train to Beijing.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Viking Cruise Line's Cultural Delights cruise/tour
- An amazing combination of land and river travel, highlighting cultural and historical sights along the way. We'll start in Shanghai and end in Beijing with a 10-night cruise on the Yangtze river in-between.
- Hong Kong, Beijing to Xian Tour
- Beijing is the capital of China. It is the center of politics, economic and culture in China. In China history, a lot of dynasties took here as the capital city. And about 24 crown nobles became the emperors in Beijing. Among them, the Ming dynasty and Qing dynasty paid more ...
- The Magic of China
- Enjoy a thirteen day trip to China full of adventure, sightseeing, and excitement. You will have the opportunity to walk on the Great Wall, experience Guilin by boat, visit the Forbidden City, have a VIP experience at Hong Kong Disney, and more. This trip is a once in a lifetime ...
- Wonders of China and Yangtze Cruise
- An unforgettable nine days of culinary and cultural experiences centered around Yangtze River Cruise. Some highlights include visiting the Temple of Heaven, the Forbidden City, the famed great Great Wall, the Summer Palace and Tian An Men Square in Beijing. You will also travel to Xi'an where you will have ...