Italy for Less
2 Nights in Venice, 2 nights in Florence and 3 nights in Rome. See the sites as the locals do. Enjoy cities rich in history.Read Full Description
- Florence, Italy; Rome, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Trip Length:
- 8 days
- Best Time to Go:
- January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, December
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Honeymoon, Spiritual Journey
Detailed Trip Description
2 Nights in Venice, 2 nights in Florence and 3 nights in Rome. See the sites as the locals do. Enjoy cities rich in history.
Day 1-2 - Venice
Spend 2 nights exploring Venice
Arrive in Venice and transfer to your hotel. The Hotel Plaza in Venice Mestre is located directly opposite the railway station, only a few minutes train journey from Venice Island. Round trip train tickets for two full days are provided at no additional charge should you choose to further explore Venice Island on your own. Rest of the day at leisure. This evening, enjoy an orientation meeting with your tour escort, followed by a welcome dinner.
Day 3-4 - Florence
visit this city where Michelangelo's David is housed. Walk to the Duomo, celebrated for its magnificent dome designed by Brunelleschi, and view the Baptistery's renowned "Gates of Paradise" by Ghiberti. Continue to explore the open air art museum of Signoria Square ending at Ponte Vecchio, known as the "Old Bridge." Enjoy the afternoon at leisure in Florence. This evening, dine in an authentic Tuscan restaurant in the countryside
Travel through the stunning panorama of Tuscany to Pisa. On arrival, view the famous Piazza del Miracoli with its Leaning Tower, the Baptistery, the Duomo, and the Monumental Cemetery. The four monuments of this extraordinary piazza make for a unique architectural blend of Romanesque and Gothic styles. En route to Florence, visit a local Tuscan farm in the countryside for a wine tasting with local specialties.
Day 5-7 - Rome
Today begins with the visit to the Vatican Museums and Michelangelo's breathtaking Sistine Chapel. Stroll through St. Peter's Square, passing Bernini's famous colonnade, to visit St. Peter's Basilica, where you will view Michelangelo's Pieta.
Vatican City -- Take a tour of the city within a city. See where the Popes have resided over the Catholic world for many generations. Come see Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. And see St. Peter's Basilica in all its glory. You will be best off with a tour guide I can recommend, who will enable you to bypass the long lines.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Culinary Adventures in Italy!
- Experience Florence with your senses as you take in the flavors and pleasures of the most romantic city on Earth!
- Greek Isles Cruise
- This will be a cruise of your lifetime! Sailing from Venice and touring the beautiful Greek Isles for seven days. I will be leading this group of all ages so everyone is welcome. Group discounts will be available for air and insurance... contact us today! Ports to include Dubrovnik,Corfu, Santorini, ...
- Photographer's Paradise Cruise
- Join us for a fabulous Mediterranean cruise and photography seminar. Stop by our photography workshops for specialized content for beginners, intermediate and advanced photographers. Learn how to capture that perfect shot then use what you’ve learned as you tour some of the world’s most historic sites. Come back to the ...
- All about Italy
- Italy, perfect for those who enjoy the arts, great cuisine, beautiful architecture, breathtaking landscapes, and phenomenal beaches. This incredibly historic landmark has it all. ------ This trip was originally created around a client's preferences, and was not a cookie-cutter trip. We tailored this package around meeting their expectations. ------ This ...