Lima Culinary Tour
Most travellers initially arrive in Lima, the bustling capital city of Peru. You may want to spend a day or two here, either at the beginning of your travel or at the end.Read Full Description
- Lima, Peru
- Trip Length:
- 1 day
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat
Detailed Trip Description
Most travellers initially arrive in Lima, the bustling capital city of Peru. You may want to spend a day or two here, either at the beginning of your travel or at the end.
Day 1 - Lima
Lima Culinary Tour.
Starting around 10:00 a.m., we will first visit a market, for a demostration of the different fishes,vegetables and fruits of Peru. As the bus takes us to a Cevicheria, we see an audiovisual about our traditional ceviche. In the cevicheria, we will have a tasty presentation of Ceviche.
Returning to the bus, we will have an entertaining audiovisual about the history and processing of Pisco. As we view this video, the bus will take us directly to the Ica Valley, to appreciate how Pisco is made. Guided visit to Pisco tavern and cellar, helps us learn how to Pisco Sour and other Peruvian cocktails. We will taste Peru's famous national drink, the Pisco. Returning to the bus, we will see a video about Peruvian food history, including comments from the most renowned Peruvian chefs.
There are two options for lunch:
1. Culinary Gold - Lunch at typical Peruvian food restaurant. The lunch buffet includes the best and most traditional dishes of Peruvian cuisine.
2. Culinary Silver - Visit a typical Peruvian restaurant and taste the traditional "anticuchos" and enjoy Peru's sweet "picarones".
Private Car Service
Pick up and return to Lima hotel.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Highlights of Peru and Ecuador
- If we had to pick two absolutely "must see" destinations in South America they would undoubtedly be the incredible Incan ruins of Machu Picchu and the naturalist's paradise of the Galapagos Islands. For this incredible itinerary we've added an unexpected twist; a visit to the Ecuadorian Amazon for three days ...
- Classic Peru.
- This classic trip to Peru allows you to combine a visit to the sacred places like PUNO and MACHU PICHU in one tour. You will be also discovering the inside PERU when you travel from CUZCO to PUNO or vice versa. You will experience the magic energy of MACHU PICHU ...
- Peru Adventure
- Cuzco, Machu Picchu & 2 nights in the Amazon basin
- 11 Day Kaleidoscope of Peru
- This is a wonderful look at Peru, including many of the exciting and intereseting highlights, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Lima and Cuzco