A journey into the glorious past when classical learning flourished and passion soared to heights of valor. Travel into the reality of a mythological part of the world.Read Full Description
- Indore, India; Madhya Pradesh, India
- Trip Length:
- 5 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
A journey into the glorious past when classical learning flourished and passion soared to heights of valor. Travel into the reality of a mythological part of the world.
Day 1 - Madhya Pradesh
Arrival in Ujjain. Start your journey by visiting the religious and ancient city of Ujjain. Apart from mythological legends, the city has a long distinguished history. It was governed by the likes of Vikramaditya and Ashoka. Kalidas wrote his soul stirring poetry here.
Overnight stay in Ujjain. Stay at Shipra Residency.
Day 2 - Madhya Pradesh
Ujjain - Omkareshwar.
This morning you will depart for Omkareshwar. Omkareshwar is a sacred island, shaped like the holiest of all Hindu symbols, ‘Om’. Omkareshwar is situated on the banks of Narmada, and is one of the 12 revered Jyotirlinga shrines of Shiva. The significance of this linga is that the linga is not situated below the cupola. The idol of Lord Shiva is situated on the top of the temple.
The temple can be reached by ferry from the banks of the river.
Overnight stay in Omkareshwar. Stay at Narmada Resort.
Day 3 - Madhya Pradesh
Omkareshwar - Maheshwar - Mandu.
Private Car Service
Today depart for Mandu in the morning. Perched along the Vindhya ranges at an altitude of 2,000 feet, Mandu is known for its natural beauty and fort.
On the way, stopover at Maheshwar. Maheshwar is a historical town on the banks of river Narmada known for temples, a mighty fort-complex standing in quiet beauty mirrored in the river below, and distinctive handwoven sarees called Maheshwari.
Overnight stay in Mandu. Stay at Malwa Resort, Malwa Retreat.
Day 4 - Madhya Pradesh
Sightseeing at Mandu.
Overnight stay in Mandu.
Day 5 - Indore
Mandu - Indore.
Depart for Indore. Indore is known as the city of the Holkars. The city was built by Holkar Rani Ahilya Bai, one of the famous queens of India. Here you will be visiting some of the famous historical monuments and religious centers. Tour ends today.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Ultimate Indian Culture and Wildlife Itinerary
- From the hustle and bustle modern cities of Mumbai and Delhi to the slow-paced river systems of the Kerala backwaters; from an elephant-backed Bengal Tiger safari in one of India's most beautiful natural parks to the ethereal beauty of Agra. We have put together an itinerary that focuses on some ...
- Taj and Tigers
- You will visit Delhi, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Bharatpur, Agra, Jabalpur, Pench, Kanha and Bandhavgarh during this trip. You will see many places including The Red Fort, Jama Masjid, The silver street of Chandni Chowk, Raj Ghat, Birla Mandir, The India Gate, The Rashtrapati Bhawan, Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar, The Bahai Temple, ...
- Tiger's Trail
- You will visit Delhi, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Bandhavgarh, Kanha, Agra, Ranthambore and Jaipur during this trip. You will see many places including The Red Fort, Jama Masjid, The silver street of Chandni Chowk, Raj Ghat, Birla Mandir, The India Gate, The Rashtrapati Bhawan, Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar, The Bahai Temple, The ...
- Pachmarhi Luxury Package
- A perfect destination for those looking for either rest and relaxation or perhaps something a little more active. Rejuvenate your spirit and gain insight into the untamed landscapes of this magical land called Pachmarhi.