Nepal: Safari in Chitwan National Park
Chitwan is an excellent national park where you can go on an elephant ride, see rhinos, visit a crocodile sanctuary, and ride in a dugout canoe. Chitwan Jungle Lodge is a 3-star hotel with private baths, restaurant, bar, and swimming pool. It is located just outside the park boundary. You ...Read Full Description
- Kathmandu, Nepal; Narayani, Nepal
- Trip Length:
- 4 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Group Retreat
Detailed Trip Description
Chitwan is an excellent national park where you can go on an elephant ride, see rhinos, visit a crocodile sanctuary, and ride in a dugout canoe. Chitwan Jungle Lodge is a 3-star hotel with private baths, restaurant, bar, and swimming pool. It is located just outside the park boundary. You can fly in and out, or drive 4-5 hours one-way in a private car or bus. In the itinerary below, you drive to Chitwan and fly back. A 3 hour river raft excursion can be added on the drive to the national park for an additional cost.
Day 1 - Kathmandu
Drive Kathmandu to Narayani.
Private Car Service
After breakfast, a private van will take you to the Chitwan National Park in the southern part of the country. The journey takes about 6 hours on a road with beautiful landscapes. The van will drop you off in the last village before the park.
From there, a jeep takes you to the hotel, which is in the jungle itself. Lunch at the resort.
In the afternoon, a guided tour of the resort surroundings, where you will have the chance to see the varied vegetation and the large number of birds which live in the park. Visit birdwatching hides and before sunset.
Return to hotel for dinner. Overnight stay.
Day 2 - Narayani
Full day jungle activities.
After breakfast, you go into the jungle on elephant back. You will be looking for rhinoceroses, a feature of this nature reserve. With a little luck, we will see the odd Bengal tiger, gazelles, monkeys, and other animals. Return to the resort to have lunch.
In the afternoon, you go on a trip in a dugout bark canoe typical of this area. You will glide gently along the river near the resort possibly to see the crocodiles which live there at close quarters.
Return to resort for dinner. Overnight stay.
Day 3 - Narayani
Full day jungle activities.
Full day jungle activities, including a jungle walk to the crocodile sanctuary and bird watching.
Day 4 - Kathmandu
Fly Bharatpur - Kathmandu.
Fly from Bharatpur to Kathmandu.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Classic Nepal Tour
- Visit the fascinating places of Nepal's vivid past, Kathmandu Bhaktapur and Bandipur Mountain Village. Marvel at the fifty hand-carved wooden windows in Bhaktapur. You will see magnificent temples within Kathmandu Durbar square. Moving on into the beauty and scenic splendor of Pokhara, your next adventure awaits you high atop the ...
- Classic Nepal Tour 10 Days
- During this 10 Days Classic Nepal Tour, you will enjoy sightseeing and many activities in Kathamndu, Pokhara, Chitwan National Park, Patan, Daman and Bhaktapur in addition to Mount Everest excursion.
- Nepal Culture Tour
- During this 7 Days Nepal Culture Tour, you will enjoy sightseeing and many activities in Katmandu, Patan, Panauti and Bhaktapur in addition to Mount Everest excursion.
- Everest Base Camp - 16 Days
- The Everest region is located in the northeast of Nepal. The most visited part of this region is Solukhumbu district, home of the legendary Sherpa and the highest peak of the world, the Mt. Everest at 8,848 meters with listing among 11 most visited destinations and famous as the 7th ...