GASPESIAN DISCOVERY TOUR - CANADA
Come to the Gaspe Peninsula and experience one of the most spectacular coastlines in North Eastern America; its cliffs soar straight out of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and its snug little villages huddle in protected coves. Its geographical characteristics lend it an interesting and ever-changing aura. Attend lectures by ...Read Full Description
- Bonaventure, Canada; Carleton Place, Canada; Matane, Canada; Quebec, Canada
- Trip Length:
- 8 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Group Retreat, Language Learning, Summer Vacation
Detailed Trip Description
Come to the Gaspe Peninsula and experience one of the most spectacular coastlines in North Eastern America; its cliffs soar straight out of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and its snug little villages huddle in protected coves. Its geographical characteristics lend it an interesting and ever-changing aura. Attend lectures by historians and learn about the influence of the fishery industry on the region's history. Learn about the historic and elegant manor and its original owner John Le Boutiller a true pioneer and major cod exporter. Meet and learn about the Acadian and Loyalist's history and how they have contributed to Quebec society. With a naturalist explore Bonaventure Island where you can observe the second largest colony of gannets. Take a private tour with a park biologist at Miguasha National Park and its remarkable well preserved fossil fishes. Participate in a 2 1/2 hour whale-watching cruise aboard our boat. You may even feel the blow of a humpback whale, which can occur at any time. Or pick the option to go deep sea fishing or sea kayaking.
Day 1 - Quebec
Arrive Quebec City with host, Winston Walker, from Denver, CO, USA.
Arrive in Quebec City - transport to Ambassadeur Hotel & Suites, Beauport, Quebec, Canada(3 star).
Day 2 - Matane
Tour coastal shores along the St. Lawrence Seaway.
Tour coastal shores - visiting historic maritime sites, parks and lighthouses with overnight stay at the Riotel Matane(4 star).
Day 3 - Quebec
Visit the spectacular scenery of Gaspesie Park and Forillon National Park.
Gaspesie Park and Forillon National park - passing mountains, scenic fishing towns and Aeolian Of Cap-Chat, the tallest and most powerful windmill in the world, with three night stay at the Riotel Perce(3 star).
Day 4 - Bonaventure
Visit the Gaspesie Museum, Bonaventure Island and Perce Rocher.
Gaspesie Museum - Relive the exploration of Jacques Carier, who led the official claiming of the country (now Quebec) in the name of the King of France. Cruise to the Bonaventure Island and the Rocher Perce. Bonaventure Island and Perce Rock National Park is home to the largest migratory bird refuge in North America in the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Day 5 - Bonaventure
Whale-watching cruise or deep sea fishing or guided sea kayaking tour.
Participate in a whale-watching cruise and discover marine mammals or optional activities to either go on excursion of deep sea fishing or a guided sea kayaking tour.
Day 6 - Carleton Place
Tour the Acadian Museum of Bonaventure.
Acadian Museum of Bonaventure - learn the fascinating and compelling story of the Acadians of Quebec. Visit Miguasha Park - a UNESCO World Heritage Site where the Miguasha fish fossils are remarkably preserved. Overnight at the Baie Bleue Hotel, Carleton, QC (3 star).
Day 7 - Quebec
Tour inland through the scenic Matapedia Valley.
Scenic Matapedia Valley - Visit Domaine du Pacomois - a small-scale producer of a large selection of craft wines made from raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Overnight stay at the Ambassadeur Hotel & Suites, Beauport, QC (3 star).
Day 8 - Quebec
Depart from Quebec City, Canada to USA.
Transfer from Hotel to airport, Quebec City for your flight to the USA.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 2562 Best of Eastern Canada
- Enjoy 10 Days Best of Eastern Canada Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Canada. Montreal Travel Guide and Trip Planner
- North by North East
- Enjoy 12 Days North by North East tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Quebec, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. Start off your trip in the yachting capital of the USA, Newport and see the summer mansions of the rich ...
- Grand Northern
- Enjoy 24 Days Grand Northern tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Quebec, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Mnnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada and California.
- Autumn In New England & Eastern Canada
- Experience the heart of New England and Eastern Canada! Begin in Boston, the Cradle of Liberty, with sightseeing that includes the historic North End, Boston Common, and the State House. In Maine, explore charming Ogunquit, coastal Kennebunkport, and picturesque Portland; then, take in the scenic landscapes of New Hampshire's White ...