Romance of Costa Rica
This package is specifically designed for honeymoons or couples who want an intimate Costa Rican experience. We have hand-selected each hotel and carefully designed this itinerary to make a truly romantic experience in our tropical paradise. We would be happy to customize any package for you! If you do not ...Read Full Description
- Costa Rica; Jaco, Costa Rica; San Jose, Costa Rica
- Trip Length:
- 9 days
- Price Range:
- From $1749 ($50 per person Tripology discount) per person See what this includes and what this excludes
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Destination Wedding Planning, Honeymoon, Romantic Getaway
Detailed Trip Description
This package is specifically designed for honeymoons or couples who want an intimate Costa Rican experience. We have hand-selected each hotel and carefully designed this itinerary to make a truly romantic experience in our tropical paradise. We would be happy to customize any package for you! If you do not wish to drive, we can arrange for private transfers for transportation.
Day 1 - San Jose
When you arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica, you will be transferred 20 minutes to Hotel Grano de Oro. This small hotel in San Jose has two hot tubs on the rooftop. Your stay in the garden suite affords you a 4 poster bed with luxurious linens and a sitting area which opens into your private garden.
Day 2 - Costa Rica
Your Toyota Yaris rental car will be waiting for you when you check out of Hotel Grano de Oro this morning. Drive 3.5 hours through beautiful countryside to Arenal Volcano and Tabacon Resort. Your stay includes breakfasts & entrances to Tabacon Hot Springs. Relax in hot springs surrounded by lush vegetation, enjoying a tropical drink and watching Arenal Volcano's fireshow.
Day 3 - Costa Rica
Leave your hotel in the morning for a guided hike near Arenal Volcano National Park.
After the hike, drive a few minutes to the Lake Arenal Sky Tram/Trek Canopy Tour. You'll go up a mountain on an aerial tram and then traverse on zip lines across a beautiful valley in rock-climbing harneses down the mountain.
Relax in thermal water pools spread among tropical gardens.
Day 4 - Jaco
Leave Tabacon Resort and drive 4 hours to the Central Pacific coast. Hotel Villa Caletas is an intimate, boutique hotel. Spend the evening watching an incredible sunset with a spectacular view of the pacific coastline. Your Villa features privacy and elegant furnishings, decor and surroundings.
Day 5 - Jaco
Rainforest Exploration by Land and Water
Explore the rainforest on foot with a guided rainforest hike to see monkeys, leaf-cutter ants, macaws, parakeets, iguanas, and many other animals and birds. Wildlife and tropical habitat surround you as your professional guide points out and explains them.
Marvel at huge crocodiles, scarlet macaws, Jesus Christ lizards, and many exotic birds and plants on the Jungle River Cruise. This tour along a quiet river and mangrove estuary showcases Costa Rica's biodiversity.
Day 6 - Costa Rica
Check out of Hotel Villa Caletas and drive to the rainforest to see La Paz Waterfall Gardens. The rooms at the Peace Lodge are truly one of a kind with a fireplace opposite the king size bed, waterfall showers and exterior jetted tub overlooking the rainforest valley. Savor a great lunch buffet, then meander through a rainforest paradise to see a hummingbird garden, orchid garden, world's largest butterfly pavilion and 5 stunning waterfalls.
Day 7 - San Jose
Get up early! Drive to the top of Poas Volcano to see a spectacular view of two craters and an elfin forest. Then drive back to La Paz to enjoy the rainforest and check out. Drive 90 minutes to Hotel Grano de Oro. Return your rental car at the hotel in the evening.
Day 8 - San Jose
Shoot the rapids through the rainforest on the Pacuare River. This all-day tour includes transportation, breakfast, lunch, snacks, refreshments, guide and all equipment. Travel through canyons and virgin rainforest for 16 miles. The class III-IV rapids are not rigourous and require no prior experience. With calm sections between the rapids, you can jump in and float in the warm water! This is an unforgettable, magical experience!
Day 9 - San Jose
Check out of Hotel Grano de Oro. Private transfer to the airport to depart Costa Rica.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 3 Country Adventure Panama, Costa Rica and Guatemela
- Spend the next 2 weeks exploring the most beautiful countries of Central America; Panama, Costa Rica and Guatemala. You will see rainforest, jungle, beautiful clear rivers, and 2 of the most interesting architectural structures from the Modern Panama Canal to the historic churches of Antiqua and the Mayan ruins of ...
- Costa Rica Caribbean Wonder Honeymoon
- If you love nature and a laid back atmosphere, this is the perfect honeymoon for you. Enjoy the lush vegetation and lively environment, as you travel through the beautiful Caribbean of Costa Rica.
- The Best of Costa Rica
- This package includes all the Costa Rican essentials—an impressive volcano, tropical jungles and cloud forests boasting exuberant flora and fauna.
- Amazing Costa Rica-In 10 Days
- Arrive in San Jose, and stay for 2 days. While you are there take a tour of Turtle Island, then go to the Arenal Region, and visit the Arenal Volcanoe and Tabacon Springs. After three days go on to Quanacaste for a beach holiday or go water rafting, then go ...