Switzerland Rail Spectacular
Enjoy a first Class escorted train journey through the splendor of Switzerland highlighting some of the country's most popular trains.Read Full Description
- Bern, Switzerland; Locarno, Switzerland; Lucerne, Switzerland; Montreux, Switzerland; Zurich, Switzerland
- Trip Length:
- 11 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family with kids, Married
Family Trip, Girlfriend Getaway, Summer Vacation
Detailed Trip Description
Enjoy a first Class escorted train journey through the splendor of Switzerland highlighting some of the country's most popular trains.
May 7--Day 1 - Zurich
Independent arrival at Zurich Airport in the morning. You will be met by your professional Swiss tour escort and taken by train to Lucerne. This afternoon you will see the sights of Lucerne with a walking tour of the city. In the evening, a welcome dinner and folklore show at a typical restaurant will complete your first day in Switzerland. Two overnights at the Hotel Waldstaetterhof or similar.
May 8--Day 2 - Lucerne
Spend today at your leisure exploring Lucerne on your own or join us for a mountain excursion (Optional).
May 9--Day 3 - Locarno
We depart Lucerne on the William Tell Express. Take a scenic ride a paddle steamer ship across Lake Lucerne, the birthplace of Switzerland. Then you will board a panorama train and cross the Alps on your way to Lugano. Two overnights at the Hotel Dell' Angelo or similar.
May 10--Day 4 - Locarno
One of the most scenic train rides takes us through the beautiful Ticino valleys, where you will will enjoy a typical lunch in a grotto.
May 11--Day 5 -
One of the most scenic train rides takes us through the beautiful Centovalli Valley into Italy and back to Switzerland. We cross the Alps once again and enter the Bernese Oberland Region. Three overnights at the Hotel Goldey or similar.
May 12--Day 6 -
See the majesty of the Swiss Alps with a trip to the top of the Jungfraujoch Mountain. Experience the sculptures in the ice cave of the Aletsch glacier and breath-taking views.
May 13--Day 7 - Montreux
Spend today at your leisure exploring the Bernese Oberland on your own or join us for a optional excursion to the Ballenberg Outdoor Museum where you can experience Switzerland as it once was with historic buildings and original handicrafts.
May 14--Day 8 - Montreux
This morning travel on the Golden Pass Line. We will join the Golden Pass Panorama train in Zweisimmen and travel to Montreux. This journey to Lake Geneva is an unforgettable experience. In the afternoon take a trip to the Chillon Castle where you can spend time exploring this magnificent piece of architecture and history. Two overnights at the Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic or similar.
May 15--Day 9 - Bern
Day at leisure to explore Montreux and Lake Geneva or join us for an optional excursion to visit the Nestle-Cailler chocolate factory and the Gruyeres cheese factory.
May 16--Day 10 - Bern
Travel to the capital of Switzerland and spend the day exploring one of the most picturesque towns in all the country. Bern has been included on the UNESCO's World Heritage list due to its largely unchanged picture of a city from the Middle Ages. This evening enjoy a farewell dinner at the historic Kornhauskeller. One overnight at the Hotel national or similar.
May 17--Day 11 - Zurich
Your Swiss tour guide will accompany you back to Zurich Airport for your journey home. Your Swiss Rail Adventure has come to an end.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Oberammergau Passion Play and World Famous Munich “Oktoberfest ”
- Oberammergau Passion Play, Performed every 10 yrs since 1634 and World Famous Munich “Oktoberfest,” Including, Paris - Strasbourg - Black Forest, Zurich & Lucerne, Switzerland; Salzburg & Innsbruck, Austria, Berchtesgaden & Munich, Germany
- Switzerland Rail Spectacular
- Enjoy a first Class escorted train journey through the splendor of Switzerland highlighting some of the country's most popular trains.
- Switzerland Christmas Market Experience
- Experience the wonder of Switzerland this winter while you explore the unique and magical world of the Swiss Christmas markets.
- Treasures of Austria, Italy and Switzerland
- Enjoy 10 Days Treasures of Austria, Italy and Switzerland Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Innsbruck, Lucerne, Salzburg, Verona and Zurich.