The Thai House Experience- Learning Thai Ways 4 Days/3Nights
Culinary Tourism; Cooking Classes; Culinary Tour; Cooking Class; Cooking Tours; Cultural Tours; Bangkok Tour; Thailand Tour; Thai homestay; Thailand Tours; holidays in thailand; holiday packages in thailand;
You will have an opportunity to learn Thai ways through a stay at the "Thai House" in Nonthaburi Province. The family that owns the Thai House has been welcoming guests into their home since 1990 and people who stay there consider it a great alternative to a basic hotel. This ...Read Full Description
- Bangkok, Thailand; Nonthaburi, Thailand
- Trip Length:
- 4 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Eco-friendly, Family with kids
Family Trip, Group Retreat, Summer Vacation
Detailed Trip Description
You will have an opportunity to learn Thai ways through a stay at the "Thai House" in Nonthaburi Province. The family that owns the Thai House has been welcoming guests into their home since 1990 and people who stay there consider it a great alternative to a basic hotel. This traditional teakwood structure is situated on over 4 acres of land surrounded by fruit trees and the architectural style is one that was popular in the old Thai capital of Ayuthaya 150 years ago. Moreover, you will have chance to explore local markets & shop, visit a folk museum and take a long-tail boat ride through a maze of klongs towards Bangkok's China Town district for more shopping. Note: This is simply a suggested itinerary, which can easily be customized to suit your schedule, budget, and interests. Please contact us to discuss your tailor-made travel requirements.
Day 1 - Bangkok
Upon arrival, a guide will take you by private transfer the Thai House in Nonthaburi. After enjoying a welcome drink, the rest of your day is free for leisure pursuits. Overnight at the Thai House.
Day 2 - Nonthaburi
After a delicious breakfast at the Thai House, you'll visit an open-air market to buy ingredients in the early morning for beginning cooking lessons with an English speaking instructor. The lesson includes an introduction of herbs and spices and guidance in preparing the following dishes: Tom Yam Kung (hot and sour prawn soup), Larb Moo (spicy Thai pork salad), Phad Thai (fried noodles), Kaeng Ka-Ri Kai (yellow chicken curry) and Paneang Neu (beef curried in sweet peanut sauce). Lunch, Dinner and overnight at the Thai House. Includes: B, L, D
Day 3 - Bangkok
On this day, your guide will take you on a long-tail boat ride through the klongs to the Ratchawong boat landing to walk through the China Town area, visiting Talaad Kao (the old market), several gold shops, and catching glimpses of the daily lives of Chinese families. Next, you'll drop by the Pahurat Market to see the colorful textiles, continue on to the Old Thieves market and enjoy a Chinese (dim sum) lunch at local restaurant before continuing to the Bangkok Folk museum to see how people lived in the early part of the last century. The day concludes with a transfer back to the Thai House where you can enjoy the rest of the day on your own. Overnight at the Thai House. Includes: B,L
Day 4 - Nonthaburi
Savor your last breakfast at the Thai House and then spend more free time before your eventual departure to the Bangkok International Airport. Includes: B
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Photography Workshop in Myanmar - Oct 27-Nov 6, 2011
- Travel to one of the world’s most photogenic places, meet its friendly people and improve your photography skills along the way! This tour combines culture, history, art and architecture with photography workshops and peer reviews. For all levels of photographers who want to develop their skills in a collaborative environment.
- Treasures of Thailand
- Even the most sophisticated travelers long to visit Thailand, with its beautiful beaches and islands, exotic architecture, fascinating culture and ancient ruins. You'll enjoy all of it, from lovely Chiang Mai to frenetic Bangkok, all for an amazingly affordable price, despite the huge fluctuations in exchange rates between the U.S. ...
- A Taste of Thailand
- Even the most sophisticated travelers long to visit Thailand, with its beautiful beaches and islands, fascinating culture, exotic architecture, and ancient ruins. The Taste of Thailand tour showcases some of the highlights of this magnificent country, including the bustling capital city of Bangkok, the ancient city of Ayutthaya, and the ...
- Manohra Song Luxury River Cruise on Chao Phraya River, Bangkok 3 Days / 2 Nights
- You'll experience this majestic journey on the Manohra Song, a 100-year-old former rice barge that's been converted into a deluxe river cruiser featuring four air-conditioned staterooms with queen-size beds, in-suite bathrooms, a large living and dining area with bar, plus a sun-deck lounging area. Once aboard this fantastic vessel, you'll ...