Avoid the costly hotels and enjoy a comfortable farm house apartment atop a hill in the midst of the verdant Tuscan landscape. Travel for two weeks by rental car, using the apartment as a home base.Read Full Description
- Florence, Italy; Italy
- Trip Length:
- 14 days
- Best Time to Go:
- March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Romantic Getaway
Detailed Trip Description
Avoid the costly hotels and enjoy a comfortable farm house apartment atop a hill in the midst of the verdant Tuscan landscape. Travel for two weeks by rental car, using the apartment as a home base.
Day 1 - Florence
Group is met at Florence airport and transfered to Siena by van.
Rental cars are picked up at Siena AVIS office. Caravans are organized to lead travelers to farm houses south of Siena.
Day 2 - Italy
An orientation is held by our on-site representative. She gives advice on parking, sightseeing, driving, restaurants, special events, cooking classes, etc. She also answers individual questions in this session.
Days 3-13 - Italy
Travelers do independent sightseeing by rental car of Tuscany. Destinations include Siena, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Florence, Pienza, San Gimignano, and much more.
A group event, usually a wine tasting, is offered toward the end of the two week period.
Day 14 - Florence
Departure for home from Florence airport
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- SOUTHERN FRANCE & NORTHERN ITALY
- Come with us on a vacation you'll never forget! Taste the Best of Provence, the French and Italian Rivieras, Verona and Venice, and the Northern Italian Lake Region.
- TUSCANY, UMBRIA & CINQUE TERRE, ITALY
- Can there be any place on earth more appealing than the hilly countryside of Tuscany and Umbria? In among the hills are fascinating ancient cities built by Renaissance geniuses of art and architecture. And if the splendor of the artists and perfectly preserved monuments of history are not enough to ...
- SICILY, ROME & THE AMALFI COAST, ITALY
- Timeless architectural beauty and intriguing history combined with sumptuous gastronomic offerings and a host of fine wines abound in this corner of Italy. Sprinkle this combination liberally with sunshine and the warmth of friendly people and you have the perfect recipe for an unforgettable vacation.
- Culinary Adventures in Italy!
- Experience Florence with your senses as you take in the flavors and pleasures of the most romantic city on Earth!