10 Day Kenya Safari & Beach
A value-for-money safari that offers a great glimpse of Kenya with beach relaxation, this road safari features a selection of tried and tested safari lodges. As for sights and scenery, it offers the elephants of Amboseli set against the backdrop of Kilimanjaro, beautiful Lake Naivasha against the backdrop of the ...Read Full Description
- Amboseli, Kenya; Kenya; Mombasa, Kenya; Nairobi, Kenya; Nakuru, Kenya
- Trip Length:
- 10 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Honeymoon, Romantic Getaway, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
A value-for-money safari that offers a great glimpse of Kenya with beach relaxation, this road safari features a selection of tried and tested safari lodges. As for sights and scenery, it offers the elephants of Amboseli set against the backdrop of Kilimanjaro, beautiful Lake Naivasha against the backdrop of the Mount Longonot volcano, the famous flamingoes and rhinos of Lake Nakuru, and the unrivalled wildlife of the Masai Mara. Finish it up with relaxation on the white sand beaches of the Kenyan Coast.
Day 1 - Nairobi
Arriving at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met by our representative and escorted to your safari vehicle. Thereafter, you will drive to the famous Amboseli National Park and check-in to Ol Tukai Lodge . Built in 1996 and one of Amboseli's best-known lodges, Ol Tukai Lodge lies at the very centre of the park. Close to the main swamp area, it enjoys stunning views of Africa's highest mountain and the legendary 'Snows of Kilimanjaro'.
Day 2 - Amboseli
Spend the entire day game-driving in the park, which is an International Biosphere Reserve featuring the dried-out lakebed of prehistoric Lake Amboseli, rolling savannah and lush green swamps. The plains offer numerous antelopes, spotted hyenas, jackals, warthogs, olive baboons, vervet monkeys and the chance of spotting a lion, leopard or cheetah. Observation Hill, a conical peak, which is easily climbed, offers stunning views of Mount Kilimanjaro. Lunch and dinner will be taken at the lodge, whose grounds also offer the opportunity of a nature walk with bird-spotting (150 species in the grounds alone). Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the lodge.
Day 3 - Amboseli
After an early breakfast at the lodge, drive to Nairobi and up the spectacular Great Rift Valley; enjoy a picnic lunch along the way. In the afternoon, arrive at the Lake Naivasha, a freshwater lake, the highest of the string of lakes that glitter down the vast trench of the Great Rift Valley. In the afternoon check into the luxurious Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge, and spend the afternoon relaxing by the pool, taking an optional boat-ride on the lake, or exploring the lake shore.
Day 4 - Nakuru
After breakfast, depart the lodge and continue up the Great Rift Valley, passing Lake Elmenteita before arriving at Lake Nakuru National Park in time for a morning game drive around the lake. This offers you the change to catch your first glimpse of the Lake's fabled 1.2 million flamingos, and perhaps find rhinos grazing on the lakeshore (this park is the nation's largest rhino sanctuary. Arriving at the Lake Nakuru Lodge, check-in and enjoy a leisurely lunch before setting off on another game drive around the lake, arriving back at the Lodge in time for a swim, cocktails and a sumptuous buffet supper.
Day 5 - Kenya
Leaving Lake Nakuru Lodge after breakfast, continue up the floor of Rift to arrive at the Masai Mara Sopa Lodge in time for lunch and spend the afternoon game-viewing across the rolling savannah plains of the famous Masai Mara National Reserve. Return in time to take a swim in the luxury pool before cocktails and dinner.
Day 6 - Kenya
A full day's safari in one of the world's most famous reserves. Offering an abundance of herbivores, the Mara makes the ideal hunting ground for Kenya's famous ‘big cats' and hosts her largest population of lions. Historically teeming with wildlife, the Mara is famous for the large herds of elephant and buffalo that wander its plains, and for the annual migration of the wildebeest (seasonal). Spend the night in Masai Mara Sopa Lodge.
Day 7 - Mombasa
Drive or fly back to Nairobi and take lunch at the famous Carnivore Restaurant with its glowing BBQs serving all manner of meats to include ostrich, gazelle, crocodile and more (plus fish, vegetarian choices, salads etc). This afternoon you will fly to the Kenyan Coast at Mombasa. You are met at Moi airport and transferred to Diani Beach on the South Coast, a vast uninterrupted stretch of white sandy beach, lapped by fascinating opal lagoons. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight Southern Palms Beach Resort.
Day 8 - 10 - Mombasa
Three days of leisure on the coast to enjoy the white sand beaches or watersports including big game fishing, snorkelling, scuba diving, windsurfing and water skiing. You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight on Day 10. Overnight Southern Palms Beach Resort.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari
- To Africa Tours and Safaris is delighted to bring you a superb value set departure 4x4 safari our new 7 nights / 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari. This 4x4 safari is in a new land cruiser with pop up roof and with a silver qualified guide. It is fantastic value ...
- 8 Day Cheetah Safari
- For those looking for a slightly longer tour, which takes in the arid beauty of Samburu, the historic Afro-Alpine scenery of the Aberdare National Park, the glorious and world-renowned Masai Mara Reserve and the flamingos and rhinos of Lake Nakuru, this road safari makes the ideal choice. Featuring traditional safari ...
- 16 Day Game & Gorillas
- This is the ultimate safari for wildlife lovers! Staying in very comfortable lodges, we visit the major parks of Kenya & Tanzania including Lake Nakuru and the Masai Mara in Kenya and Lake Victoria, the Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Taragire in Tanzania. We then head out to Rwanda and the Parc ...
- 15 Day East Africa Romance Safari
- A great private safari for two with a combination of East Africa's parks and the wonderful warm and sunny beaches of the Spice Island of Zanzibar. This cross-border safari includes Lake Nakuru and the Masai Mara National Parks before crossing the border with a visit to the shores of Africa's ...