11 Day Kaleidoscope of Peru
This is a wonderful look at Peru, including many of the exciting and intereseting highlights, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Lima and CuzcoRead Full Description
- Cuzco, Peru; Lima, Peru; Puno, Peru
- Trip Length:
- 11 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (25 - 29)
Eco-friendly, Family with kids
Family Trip, Summer Vacation
Detailed Trip Description
This is a wonderful look at Peru, including many of the exciting and intereseting highlights, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Lima and Cuzco
Day 1 Wednesday - On the Plane
Transfer to your Lima hotel
Day 2 - Lima
Today see the highlights of Lima; the Cathedral, City Hall, Plaza Mayor, a great overview of this lovely city. Have the afternoon free
Day 3 - Cuzco
Today depart for Cuzco, high in the Andes, you will then be escorted to the Sacred Valley, Urubamba, at a lower altitute to enjoy the sights and adjust.
Day 4 - On the Bus
Today, discover Urubamba, the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Visit the markets before enjoying lunch at a local inn, after lunch visit the Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo
Day 5 - On the Train
Transfer to the Ollanta train station, board the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu, where you will enjoy a guided tour of the ancient Citadel
Day 6 - On the Train
Morning at leisure, and afternoon return to Cuzco. You do have the opportunity in the morning to re visit Machu Picchu.
Day 7 - Cuzco
Enjoy a morning tour of Cuzco, including the Temple of the Sun, the Cathedral, Old Town, Sacsayhuaman, Kendi and the Red Fortress of Puca Pucara, with the afternoon free to shop or wander this lovely area. A visit to the market is an excellent look at life in this colorful city.
Day 8 - On the Bus
Journey on to Puno, enjoying the dramatic scenery along the way. Visit the town of Adnahuaylilas, Church of San Pedro. Afternoon at leisure.
Day 9 - Puno
Take a motor boat trip to some of the more unique islands of Lake Titicaca. After a picnic lunch, visit the Uros islands which are completely man made structures, and their inhabitants continue to maintain them as they did in pre-Columbian times
Day 10 - Lima
Early morning visit to the Chullpas of Sillustani, site of the ancient Aymaras. Flight today back to Lima, and this evening enjoy a Peruvian show with music & dinner
Day 11 - On the Plane
Depart for home with wonderful memories of beautiful Peru
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Highlights of Peru and Ecuador
- If we had to pick two absolutely "must see" destinations in South America they would undoubtedly be the incredible Incan ruins of Machu Picchu and the naturalist's paradise of the Galapagos Islands. For this incredible itinerary we've added an unexpected twist; a visit to the Ecuadorian Amazon for three days ...
- Mystical Peru Journey
- Individual trips anytime, exploring Machu Picchu, Cuzco and Sacred Valley
- Classic Peru.
- This classic trip to Peru allows you to combine a visit to the sacred places like PUNO and MACHU PICHU in one tour. You will be also discovering the inside PERU when you travel from CUZCO to PUNO or vice versa. You will experience the magic energy of MACHU PICHU ...
- Peru Adventure
- Cuzco, Machu Picchu & 2 nights in the Amazon basin