5 Day Kruger Park
The Mpumalanga area is one of great contrast, bordered in the west by the towering escarpment with lush indigenous forests, crystal-clear streams and plunging waterfalls, and then falling away into the flat Lowveld bushveld, home to one of the richest diversities of fauna and flora in the world. Various private ...Read Full Description
- Johannesburg, South Africa; South Africa
- Trip Length:
- 5 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Girlfriend Getaway, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
The Mpumalanga area is one of great contrast, bordered in the west by the towering escarpment with lush indigenous forests, crystal-clear streams and plunging waterfalls, and then falling away into the flat Lowveld bushveld, home to one of the richest diversities of fauna and flora in the world. Various private reserves and the renowned Kruger National Park are located in this area. We spend time both in the Park and on our own adjacent private reserve. Being privately owned we are able to conduct walking trails and open vehicle drives on our property.
Day 1 - Johannesburg
We depart at 06h30 in the morning to travel the scenic road to Mpumalanga. Along the way we visit Dullstroom, traverse Robbers Pass and spend time at the quaint historic town of Pilgrim’s Rest. We also visit Bourke’s Luck Potholes and the Blyde River Canyon. Thereafter we wind our way down the escarpment to the Lowveld bushveld where we overnight in our well appointed DRIFTERS BUSH CAMP. In a private reserve adjacent / unfenced to the Kruger Park, the tented Camp is tastefully designed, totally blends in with the environment, and offers comfortable beds, en-suite bathrooms, a refreshing swimming pool, and stunning views over the surrounding bush. Dinner tonight is cooked on the open fire. D
Day 2 - South Africa
We start the day with the customary coffee and rusks, before setting off on a game walk. We walk for approximately 3 hours in search of game, stopping regularly to learn more about the ways of the bush. A Drifters guide and tracker lead all walks. Return to camp for a late morning brunch after which it’s time to relax around the pool and to enjoy the camp. In the afternoon we conduct an open vehicle game drive, which develops into an extensive night drive. Being in the bush at night provides us with the opportunity of viewing nocturnal animals, otherwise not normally seen. This evening we enjoy a hearty bush “braai” and again fall asleep to the sounds of the wild. Brunch D
Day 3 - South Africa
We leave our bush camp in the morning to travel the short distance to the world-renowned Kruger National Park where we spend the remainder of the day viewing animals from the high vantage point of our vehicle. Enjoy a picnic lunch. Accommodation is in one of the park’s camps. B L D
Day 4 - South Africa
After breakfast and another extensive drive in search of the “Big 5” and variety of other animals that inhabit the Park, we exit and head for the sleepy settlement of Hazyview. Our next stop is the DRIFTERS HAZYVIEW INN, a spectacular log cabin built on stilts in subtropical indigenous forest right on the Sabie river and offering swimming, bird hide and lovely forest walks. B L D
Day 5 - Johannesburg
After a relaxed morning we depart to arrive in Johannesburg in the late afternoon. B
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Amazing Lion Safari in Africa
- Unwind and refresh in Johannesburg before winging to the small frontier town of Maun. Excitement starts immediately as your bush pilot maneuvers the light aircraft over the vast Botswana wilderness at an altitude that allows for aerial game viewing. Two nights will be spent at each of three distinctly different ...
- 6 Day Kruger & the Kingdoms
- It’s a truly royal six days, fully escorted, so you’re taken directly to some of South Africa’s finest scenic sights and most prolific Big Five game-viewing country. This is an African journey which begins in earnest in the quaint historical mining town of Pilgrim’s Rest, and meanders through the unique, ...
- 14 Day World in One Country
- A glorious 14-day southern African experience, where you’ll see and savour the immense richness of the country. From the wilds of Kruger National Park to the cosmopolitan sophistication of Cape Town, you’ll come to understand why South African is dubbed A World in One Country.
- 5 Day Kruger Park
- The Mpumalanga area is one of great contrast, bordered in the west by the towering escarpment with lush indigenous forests, crystal-clear streams and plunging waterfalls, and then falling away into the flat Lowveld bushveld, home to one of the richest diversities of fauna and flora in the world. Various private ...