6 Day Kruger & the Kingdoms
It’s a truly royal six days, fully escorted, so you’re taken directly to some of South Africa’s finest scenic sights and most prolific Big Five game-viewing country. This is an African journey which begins in earnest in the quaint historical mining town of Pilgrim’s Rest, and meanders through the unique, ...Read Full Description
- Johannesburg, South Africa; South Africa; Swaziland
- Trip Length:
- 6 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Girlfriend Getaway, Group Retreat, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
It’s a truly royal six days, fully escorted, so you’re taken directly to some of South Africa’s finest scenic sights and most prolific Big Five game-viewing country. This is an African journey which begins in earnest in the quaint historical mining town of Pilgrim’s Rest, and meanders through the unique, awe-inspiring landscape of Blyde River Canyon and God’s Window. You’ll venture out into the vast expanses of Kruger National Park in an open safari vehicle, in pursuit of the legendary Big Five. It’s a thrilling excursion guaranteed to get the heart racing, as the Park’s diverse landscape and wildlife reveal their magic. Your tour also incorporates the regal little Kingdom of Swaziland, where you’ll be inducted into the way of life by a full Swazi cultural experience and a visit to traditional craft market. Our adventure draws to a close on a leisurely boat cruise on the World Heritage Site of Lake St Lucia, but not before you’ve seen the magnificent hippos and crocodiles which patrol the waters. The Kruger and Kingdoms tour is the perfect balance between wild and tame, culture and creativity, and you’ll have really experienced the majesty of this special corner of Africa.
Day 1 - Johannesburg
Depart by 07h30 and leave Johannesburg’s distinctive skyline and head for Pretoria, South Africa’s capital city, for a short orientation tour, before continuing to Mpumalanga, dropping several hundred feet into the lush subtropical region of the Lowveld. We travel via the historic towns of Witbank, Dullstroom and Lydenburg, passing over the famous Long Tom Pass onto the small town of Sabie. This afternoon explore the living history in the form of Pilgrim’s Rest, the old mining village where gold was first discovered. (BD) Accommodation: The Royal Hotel or similar
Day 2 - South Africa
This morning gasp at the glory that is God’s Window, a boundless view of forested mountains and fertile plains, and visit the spectacular Blyde River Canyon, one of the natural wonders of Africa. We explore the quaint village of Graskop before arriving mid afternoon at our overnight hotel. (BD) Accommodation: Perry’s Bridge Hollow or similar
Day 3 - South Africa
Set off before breakfast in open safari vehicle in search of lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard, and all manner of wondrous wildlife, birds and plant species. (B) Accommodation: Perry’s Bridge Hollow or similar
Day 4 - Swaziland
Drive to the tiny Kingdom of Swaziland, a former British Protection Territory, now ruled by King MsWati III. Enjoy a Swazi cultural experience, then visit the famous Ngwenya Glass Factory to see master craftsmen fashion collectable figures and functional art out of molten glass. Our next stop is the capital city Mbabane, known for its vibrant markets packed with woven baskets, beadwork and carvings. (BLD) Accommodation: Lugogo Sun or similar
Day 5 - South Africa
Visit the Swazi Candle Factory, teeming with exquisite wax artworks in every shape and colour imaginable. Then on into Zululand, arrive mid afternoon at the town of St Lucia, a World Heritage Site and home to hippo, crocodile and no less than 367 bird species. (B) Accommodation: Protea Hotel Umfolozi or similar. *Clients have the option to purchase an exciting afternoon open safari vehicle game drive into Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park.
Day 6 - South Africa
This morning enjoy a cruise on Lake St Lucia before departing for Durban. Hug the lush KwaZulu-Natal coastline en route to Durban, watching the sugar cane fields do their own version of the Mexican wave at the urging of the wind. End the tour before lunch, either at the airport or at a central Durban hotel. (B)
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Amazing Lion Safari in Africa
- Unwind and refresh in Johannesburg before winging to the small frontier town of Maun. Excitement starts immediately as your bush pilot maneuvers the light aircraft over the vast Botswana wilderness at an altitude that allows for aerial game viewing. Two nights will be spent at each of three distinctly different ...
- 6 Day Kruger & the Kingdoms
- It’s a truly royal six days, fully escorted, so you’re taken directly to some of South Africa’s finest scenic sights and most prolific Big Five game-viewing country. This is an African journey which begins in earnest in the quaint historical mining town of Pilgrim’s Rest, and meanders through the unique, ...
- 14 Day World in One Country
- A glorious 14-day southern African experience, where you’ll see and savour the immense richness of the country. From the wilds of Kruger National Park to the cosmopolitan sophistication of Cape Town, you’ll come to understand why South African is dubbed A World in One Country.
- 5 Day Kruger Park
- The Mpumalanga area is one of great contrast, bordered in the west by the towering escarpment with lush indigenous forests, crystal-clear streams and plunging waterfalls, and then falling away into the flat Lowveld bushveld, home to one of the richest diversities of fauna and flora in the world. Various private ...