Cruise the islands of the Galapagos. This fantastic cruise will take us to many islands where we will see and enjoy an amazing diversity of animal and sea life. An experienced naturalist guide will lead our group’s adventure. We will travel and live aboard a small yacht or sailing schooner ...Read Full Description
- Galapagos, Ecuador; Galapagos Is, Ecuador; Quito, Ecuador
- Trip Length:
- 10 days
- Best Time to Go:
Jan 08, 2010 to Jan 18, 2010
- Recommended for:
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Birthday Celebration, Family Trip, Girlfriend Getaway
Detailed Trip Description
Cruise the islands of the Galapagos. This fantastic cruise will take us to many islands where we will see and enjoy an amazing diversity of animal and sea life. An experienced naturalist guide will lead our group’s adventure. We will travel and live aboard a small yacht or sailing schooner as the smaller ships offer a more personalized experience. Referred to as “the journey of a lifetime”, the Galapagos offers a combination of natural beauty, amazing wildlife, beautiful vessels and fascinating natural history.
Day 1 - Quito
Fly into Quito, where we will be met at the airport and transferred to our hotel, located in the heart of the city. Overnight at hotel in Quito.
Day 2 - Galapagos
Fly out to Galapagos
We fly 600 miles out over the Pacific Ocean to arrive at the Galapagos Islands where we will be met at the airport and transferred to our ship.
Days 3-8 - Galapagos Is
In the Islands
Itineraries vary from vessel to vessel, but we will spend these days exploring the islands in depth. Our boat will travel between several different islands, so that you can experience a wide variety of the unique wildlife and environments that the Galapagos offers. Each island presents a unique experience, and often there are species found nowhere else in the world. The giant Galapagos Tortoise, the marine iguana, the waved albatross, the Galapagos penguin, and flightless cormorants are just a few of the species we will see. There will also be daily opportunities to snorkel, where you can see what's below the surface: giant sea turtles, rays, and sea lions, to name just a few. Each day you will enjoy excellent cuisine, and the company of an expert bilingual naturalist guide.
Day 9 - Quito
Fly back to Quito
We will enjoy a final morning in the Islands before flying out from the Galapagos back to Quito, arriving in the late afternoon. Hotel in Quito.
Day 10 - Quito
Fly home or continue your trip in mainland Ecuador or perhaps to Peru & Machu Picchu. Possible extensions include visits to the Amazon Jungle, local markets, volcanoes, and stays at historic haciendas.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Highlights of Peru and Ecuador
- If we had to pick two absolutely "must see" destinations in South America they would undoubtedly be the incredible Incan ruins of Machu Picchu and the naturalist's paradise of the Galapagos Islands. For this incredible itinerary we've added an unexpected twist; a visit to the Ecuadorian Amazon for three days ...
- The best of Ecuador in 15 days
- This 15-day custom tour of Ecuador will give you a great combination of ancient Incan culture and artifacts, Spanish colonial history, and waterfront nightlife and surfing. You will start with Quito, the seat of gouverment and the highest capital city in the world, then go to Cuenca, UNESCO world heritage ...
- Galapagos - Nature & Wildlife At It's Best - Penguins, Iguanas, Black Turtles...
- If you are interested in nature and wildlife, a trip to the Galapagos should most definitely be your next vacation spot! Straddling the equator in the Pacific Ocean, these islands are home to some of the most interesting and accessible wildlife anywhere. You will find yourself inches away from giant ...
- Galapagos Aboard the Coral I & II
- Explore the most significant spots in the Galapagos aboard the first class motor yachts Coral I and Coral II. The unique experience of exploring the islands is combined with gourmet meals, multi-lingual naturalist guides, and well-designed interiors aboard these comfortable touring vessels. The M/Y Coral I offers more space and ...