2-day biking excursion on Mt. Chimborazo, 3-day Ingapirca trek with local guide, cook and porters. Guided tour of Ingapirca, 3-day whitewater rafting trip on the Jondachi and Quijos River (level IV-IV +). Day trip to Otavalo market. ***Requires high level of physical fitness***Read Full Description
- Ecuador; Quito, Ecuador
- Trip Length:
- 15 days
- Best Time to Go:
- January, February, March, September, October, November, December
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Mancation, Summer Vacation, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
2-day biking excursion on Mt. Chimborazo, 3-day Ingapirca trek with local guide, cook and porters. Guided tour of Ingapirca, 3-day whitewater rafting trip on the Jondachi and Quijos River (level IV-IV +). Day trip to Otavalo market. ***Requires high level of physical fitness***
Day 1 - Quito
Arrive in Quito at any time.
Day 2 - Ecuador
Biking Cotopaxi Volcano
Enjoy views of 8 different volcanoes including the world's highest active volcano. Starting at 4,420 m, bike downhill through vocanic ash, paramo, and pine forests, spotting condors.
Day 3 - Ecuador
Biking Mount Chimborazo/Urbina Mountain Refuge
Bike through the town of Guano before hitting the area's rugged terrain. Enjoy a picnic with Quichua families before coninuing. Stay in a mountain refuge.
Day 4 - Ecuador
Urbina Mountain Refuge
At 6,310 m, Mt. Chimborazo is Ecuador's highest point. Enjoy the views from the Urbina Mountain Refuge at its base.
Days 5-6 - Ecuador
From Achupallas, trek to Ingapirca, Ecuador's most important Inca site. Pass through remote highlands, indigeous communities, mountain landscapes and lakes.
Days 7-8 - Ecuador
Take a guided tour of Ingapirca ruins and explore. Relax in the famous thermal hot springs and enjoy scenery with a coffee at an outdoor cafe. Optional hiking, biking, rafting and horseback riding are possible.
Day 9 - Ecuador
En Route to Tena.
En Route to Tena watch tthe scenery change from towering mountains to lush jungles.
Days 10-11 - Ecuador
Navigate both the wild Jondachi and Quijos River and the cloud forest. The cool water and air make this an excellent change from the tropical Amazon climate.
Day 12 - Ecuador
Head to the Papallacta hot springs for a well-deserved soalk with stunning views of snowcapped mountains and a glass of wine.
Day 13 - Ecuador
Visit the town of Otavalo and the famous market where you can purchase handmade wares.
Day 14 - Ecuador
Return to Quito
Return to Quito.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Highlights of Peru and Ecuador
- If we had to pick two absolutely "must see" destinations in South America they would undoubtedly be the incredible Incan ruins of Machu Picchu and the naturalist's paradise of the Galapagos Islands. For this incredible itinerary we've added an unexpected twist; a visit to the Ecuadorian Amazon for three days ...
- The best of Ecuador in 15 days
- This 15-day custom tour of Ecuador will give you a great combination of ancient Incan culture and artifacts, Spanish colonial history, and waterfront nightlife and surfing. You will start with Quito, the seat of gouverment and the highest capital city in the world, then go to Cuenca, UNESCO world heritage ...
- Highlands of Ecuador
- Enjoy 11 Days Highlands of Ecuador Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Baltra Island, Cuenca, Galapagos, Galapagos Isles, Guayaquil, Guayaquil, Quito and Riobamba.
- Galapagos Adventure
- A luxury 7 night adventure filled cruise to the Galapagos Islands