Footsteps of Mandela
Embark on a journey of wonder through the vibrant and culturally diverse ‘Rainbow Nation’. The fascinating history of South Africa is brought to life through a collection of unique excursions and soulful encounters. Enjoy intimate multi-ethnic interactions, including dinner in the home of a local family, and find yourself touched ...Read Full Description
- Cape Town, South Africa; Johannesburg, South Africa; Kruger Mpumalanga Airport (MQP), South Africa
- Trip Length:
- 8 days
- Price Range:
- From $3195 to $3795 (Extra night in Cape Town at the President Hotel with breakfast. Also a half day winelands tour.) per person See what this includes and what this excludes
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Family with kids, Seniors
Family Trip, Spiritual Journey, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Embark on a journey of wonder through the vibrant and culturally diverse ‘Rainbow Nation’. The fascinating history of South Africa is brought to life through a collection of unique excursions and soulful encounters. Enjoy intimate multi-ethnic interactions, including dinner in the home of a local family, and find yourself touched – and perhaps forever changed – by your personal discoveries. An introduction to her natural beauty and wildlife will unfold during your stay at a luxury safari lodge.
Day 1 - 3 - Cape Town
Welcome to South Africa's "Mother City." A generous schedule of sightseeing includes a visit to the Southern tip of the famous Cape Peninsula and penguin colony, Robben Island, and visits with the locals in townships, churches and lively shebeens'. A full day 'Walk to Freedom' reveals a fascinating look at South Africa's ethnic heritage and postapartheid progress. Dinner with a Capetonian family will be another highlight of your stay.
Day 4-5 - Johannesburg
Your journey of discovery continues in Johannesburg, the 'City of Gold'. Your travels include visits to Freedom Square, Nelson Mandela's former home, and the vibrant township of Soweto. Enjoy lunch at a popular eatery for locals and visitors alike.
Day 6-7 - Kruger Mpumalanga
Fly to the Kapama Private Reserve and spend two days exploring the bush and observing the wildlife while enjoying the comforts and amenities reminiscent of a traditional safari lodge. Game drives in open vehicles allow wonderful up close photographic opportunities. Expert guides safely maneuver throughout the reserve and share their invaluable experience and knowledge of the flora and fauna with you.
KAPAMA RIVER LODGE
Day 8 - Kruger Mpumalanga
Your safari adventure draws to a close this afternoon as you return to Johannesburg to connect with your departure flight.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Amazing Lion Safari in Africa
- Unwind and refresh in Johannesburg before winging to the small frontier town of Maun. Excitement starts immediately as your bush pilot maneuvers the light aircraft over the vast Botswana wilderness at an altitude that allows for aerial game viewing. Two nights will be spent at each of three distinctly different ...
- 6 Day Kruger & the Kingdoms
- It’s a truly royal six days, fully escorted, so you’re taken directly to some of South Africa’s finest scenic sights and most prolific Big Five game-viewing country. This is an African journey which begins in earnest in the quaint historical mining town of Pilgrim’s Rest, and meanders through the unique, ...
- 14 Day World in One Country
- A glorious 14-day southern African experience, where you’ll see and savour the immense richness of the country. From the wilds of Kruger National Park to the cosmopolitan sophistication of Cape Town, you’ll come to understand why South African is dubbed A World in One Country.
- 5 Day Kruger Park
- The Mpumalanga area is one of great contrast, bordered in the west by the towering escarpment with lush indigenous forests, crystal-clear streams and plunging waterfalls, and then falling away into the flat Lowveld bushveld, home to one of the richest diversities of fauna and flora in the world. Various private ...