Greece, A Historical Wine Tasting Tour
The arrival of winemaking in ancient Greece is undocumented. Many believe it was brought to Crete by Phoenician traders. It is also likely that it arrived from the north as well, via the land route from Asia Minor. Experience Athens, Santorini, and Crete, and enjoy the splendors of Greek wine ...Read Full Description
- Athens, Greece; Iraklion (Crete), Greece; Santorini, Greece
- Trip Length:
- 9 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Anniversary, Culinary Tour, Honeymoon
Detailed Trip Description
The arrival of winemaking in ancient Greece is undocumented. Many believe it was brought to Crete by Phoenician traders. It is also likely that it arrived from the north as well, via the land route from Asia Minor. Experience Athens, Santorini, and Crete, and enjoy the splendors of Greek wine tasting.
Day 1 - Athens
Arrival at Athens Intl airport and transfer to your Hotel in Athens
for 2 nights in a selected, centrally located hotel, breakfast
Day 2 - Athens
After breakfast, an organized Athens sightseeing tour visiting the most
important sites of the city and the Acropolis, Acropolis Musuem.
Dinner and wine in the Plaka district. Enjoy typical Greek dishes,
wine, fold music and traditional dances in one of the oldest tavernas
of Plaka under the Acropolis. (B-D)
Day 3 - Santorini
ATHENS - SANTORINI
Breakfast, transfer from Athens hotel to the port of Piraeus. Economy
one way hydrofoil tickets from Piraeus to Santorini. Arrival at
Santorini port and transfer from Santorini port to your hotel in
Santorini for 3 nights. A selected hotel including breakfast.
Day 4 - Santorini
Breakfast, an island tour visiting, Profitis Elias, Pyrgos, Fira,
winery for wine tasting.
Day 5 - Santorini
Breakfast, day on your own to experience the Island of Santorini,
Shopping, or visit the black sand beach.
Day 6 - Iraklion (Crete)
Breakfast, Transfer from your hotel in Santorini to the port in
Economy one way hydrofoil tickets from Santorini to Heraklion, Crete.
Arrival at Heraklion, Transfer from Heraklion port to your hotel in
Crete. Accommodations for 3 nights with breakfast.
Day 7 - Iraklion (Crete)
Breakfast, Tour Peza - Thrapsano - Archanes tour with wine tasting
Day 8 - Iraklion (Crete)
Breakfast, a free day on your own to visit some of the wonderful
sites of Crete. Free time to shop or visit archological sites, beach
time. A Night In Crete tour where you can enjoy typical food and
wine from Crete.
Day 9 - Athens
Breakfast, Economy one way air tickets from Heraklion to Athens
Airport for your return flight home to the USA.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- 2 for 1 Luxury Cruise fares with free Airfare
- Cruise 2 for 1 with free airfares and $500 shipnoard credit. Sail from Athens to Venice; Athens (Piraeus), Greece • Delos, Greece • Mykonos, Greece • Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey Santorini, Greece • Aghios Nikolaos (Crete), Greece • Monemvasia, Greece Zakynthos, Greece • Itea, Greece • Corfu, Greece • Kotor, Montenegro ...
- Greece Wine Tasting tour Greece and Turkey
- Greece is one of the oldest wine-producing regions in the world. The earliest evidence of Greek wine has been dated to 6,500 years ago where wine was produced on a household or communal basis. In ancient times, as trade in wine became extensive, it was transported from end to end ...
- Best Of Italy And Greece
- See both historical Italy and classical Greece on this 15-day vacation. Enjoy 15 Days Best Of Italy and Greece tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Ancona, Assisi, Athens, Delphi, Florence, Olympia, Perugia, Pisa, Rome and Venice.
- Best of Greece (Superior) 2
- Enjoy 12 Days Best of Greece (Superior) Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Greece. Spend a week on mainland Greece, then add a cruise around the spectacular Mediterranean Sea.