Johannesburg, Cape Town, Kruger Nat. Park, Vic. Falls, Zimbabwe
Join us on the trip of a lifetime! Come with us as we explore one country with a world of treasure. South Africa offers breathtaking mountain scenery, winding coastlines, remarkable diversity and abundant wildlife in its natural habitat. Experience the beauty of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe where you will appreciate ...Read Full Description
- Cape Town, South Africa; Johannesburg, South Africa; Nelspruit, South Africa; Zimbabwe
- Trip Length:
- 10 days
- Best Time to Go:
Sep 12, 2012 to Sep 23, 2012
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (25 - 29)
Girlfriend Getaway, Group Retreat, Summer Vacation
Detailed Trip Description
Join us on the trip of a lifetime! Come with us as we explore one country with a world of treasure. South Africa offers breathtaking mountain scenery, winding coastlines, remarkable diversity and abundant wildlife in its natural habitat. Experience the beauty of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe where you will appreciate why the falls are one of the “Seven Wonders of the World.” Cape Town Travel Guide and Trip Planner
Day 1 - Johannesburg
Arrival in South Africa
On arrival in Johannesburg proceed through passport control, collect your luggage and proceed to the Domestic Departures terminal. Check in for your flight SA 357 departing at 17h00 for Cape Town. On arrival in Cape Town you are met by your Southern Circle Tours representatives and transferred to your hotel at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. This evening meander around the waterfront with a good selection of restaurants and entertainment.
Day 2 - Cape Town
Tours to Robben Island
Proceed to the ferry terminal for the 09h00 departure to Robben Island. Return to the harbour around 12h30/13h00. The balance of the day free to enjoy the many activities around the Waterfront.
Commodore Hotel. (Breakfast)
Day 3 - Cape Town
Tour to Waterfront or Cape Winelands, City Tour
You have the day free to enjoy the V & A Waterfront or take one of the optional tours to the Cape Winelands, the Cape Peninsula or a Cape Town City tour and Table Mountain. Commodore Hotel. (Breakfast)
Day 4 - Nelspruit
Tour Kruger Park and go on Safari
You are collected for the transfer to the airport for your flight to Nelspruit (CE 803 departing at 09:40). On arrival in Nelspruit you will be met by your guides for the 45-minute journey to the Kruger National Park. Our encounter with the wild life starts here. Tonight we enter our camp for dinner and overnight.
Skukuza Camp – Kruger National Park (Breakfast & dinner)
Day 5 - Nelspruit
Tour Kruger National Park
Today is completely devoted to game viewing as we search for the 'Big Five' amongst other animals. We return to our camp mid afternoon for a bit of relaxation before departing on a sunset drive in an open game viewing vehicle utilising high powered spotlights to find the nocturnal animals after dark. Return to the camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 6 - Johannesburg
Travel from Kruger Park to Johannesburg
After breakfast we make our way to the exit gate, game-viewing en-route when we say farewell to the bush and return to the vibrancy of Johannesburg.
Day 7 - Johannesburg
Tour Soweto Township
You will be collected this morning for your tour of Soweto. Soweto (South Western Townships) might be famous as South Africa’s hotspot during the 70’s, but few know that there is so much more to Soweto. The tour includes a visit to the new Prestige Park and Orlando West, travelling past homes of the rich and famous, houses of Winnie Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu. We also stop at the Mandela Museum, as well as the Hector Peterson Memorial for a glimpse into the history of SOWETO. You have the opportunity to have lunch (not included) at one of the shebeens – also described as taverns - in Soweto. After lunch we visit the Apartheid museum. Return to your hotel mid to late afternoon.
Day 8 - Zimbabwe
Visit Victoria Falls and surrounding area
You will be transferred to Johannesburg International airport this morning for your flight SA 048 departing at 10h50 to Livingstone. On arrival at 12h35 you will be met by a Sunset Tours representative and transferred to your hotel where you spend the next two nights.
Day 9 - Zimbabwe
Visit Victoria Falls and surrounding area
You have a full day to explore Victoria Falls and the lodge. The Resort incorporates an Activity centre where travel professionals will advise and recommend a variety of excursions and safaris. Reserve your excursions and safaris prior to your arrival and you will qualify for savings off the normal prices at the Resort. The lodge has a Tours Desk situated in the hotel for all your bookings. Boat trips on the Zambezi, bungi jumping, craft market, elephant back rides, guided trips to the Falls, helicopter & fixed wing flights, sunset cruises on the Zambezi and white water rafting can be arranged.
Day 10 - Johannesburg
Travel back to Johannesburg for trip home
After breakfast and a leisurely morning you will be collected for the transfer to Livingstone Airport for your flight SA 049 departing at 13h40. On arrival in Johannesburg at 15h30 make your way to the International Departure terminal for your flight SA 207 departing at 17h55.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Amazing Lion Safari in Africa
- Unwind and refresh in Johannesburg before winging to the small frontier town of Maun. Excitement starts immediately as your bush pilot maneuvers the light aircraft over the vast Botswana wilderness at an altitude that allows for aerial game viewing. Two nights will be spent at each of three distinctly different ...
- 6 Day Kruger & the Kingdoms
- It’s a truly royal six days, fully escorted, so you’re taken directly to some of South Africa’s finest scenic sights and most prolific Big Five game-viewing country. This is an African journey which begins in earnest in the quaint historical mining town of Pilgrim’s Rest, and meanders through the unique, ...
- 14 Day World in One Country
- A glorious 14-day southern African experience, where you’ll see and savour the immense richness of the country. From the wilds of Kruger National Park to the cosmopolitan sophistication of Cape Town, you’ll come to understand why South African is dubbed A World in One Country.
- 5 Day Kruger Park
- The Mpumalanga area is one of great contrast, bordered in the west by the towering escarpment with lush indigenous forests, crystal-clear streams and plunging waterfalls, and then falling away into the flat Lowveld bushveld, home to one of the richest diversities of fauna and flora in the world. Various private ...