New Zealand Travel Ideas
If you want to experience the "best of" of New Zealand but have limited time, here is a classic itinerary.Read Full Description
- New Zealand
- Trip Length:
- 8 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Detailed Trip Description
If you want to experience the "best of" of New Zealand but have limited time, here is a classic itinerary.
Day 1 - New Zealand
Arrive Auckland. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is at your leisure to enjoy this "City of Sails".
Day 2 - New Zealand
All day tour of three vineyards includes pickup from and return to ferry or Waiheke Island accommodation as well as vineyard costs. Available for pick up on Waiheke Island from Auckland and Half Moon Bay ferries. This tour includes commentated scenic tour of the Island with time to stop for photographs. Lunch can be arranged at own expense. One vineyard may be replaced with an olive oil visit and tasting. Ferry not included in cost.
5 Hours 25 Minutes plus Ferry Duration and Cost, 2 adult(s)
Day 3 - New Zealand
Auckland/Waitomo/Rotorua (Incl Caves and Lunch)--Travel from Auckland to Rotorua via Waitomo Caves. Enjoy a guided tour through the long galleries and lofty chambers of the World Famous Glowworm Caves. Your tour continues with a boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto, illuminated by thousands of tiny lights from the glow worms suspended from the cave ceiling. Continue to Rotorua by coach
Day 4 - New Zealand
Rotorua Sightseeing. The day is at your leisure
Day 5 - New Zealand
Rotorua to Queenstown. Fly to Queenstown (airfare included), New Zealand's adventure capital. The remainder of the day at leisure in this alpine resort.
Day 6 - New Zealand
Half Day--Lord of the Rings scenic tour based around several of the specific sites where filming took place. A 4WD tour into the heart of New Zealand high country, the embodiment of the Middle-earth of Tolkien`s imagination. The Misty Mountains, The Ford of Bruinen, Gladden Fields, and other film locations.
Day 7 - New Zealand
A free day to explore this exciting alpine resort.
Day 8 - New Zealand
Depart out of Queenstown.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- New Zealand Travel Ideas
- If you want to experience the "best of" of New Zealand but have limited time, here is a classic itinerary.
- Relax and Renew in New Zealand
- Revitalization vacation to beautiful New Zealand. Time available for a makeover if you wish. Luxuriate in spas, indulge in gourmet wines, experience the spiritual sensitivity of the Waipoua Forest, the Coromandel's natural heritage and scenic beauty, the excitement of Queenstown.
- New Zealand Honeymoon
- Enjoy 14 Days New Zealand Honeymoon tour including sightseeing and many other activities in Auckland, Queenstown, Blenheim and Rotorua.
- New Zealand Adventure
- Enjoy 17 Days New Zealand Adventure Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in New Zealand.